Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: why conservatives say no to mccain.

  1. -1
    finataxia24's Avatar
    follow me at @moejo31

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    4,290
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    ALABAMA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    why conservatives say no to mccain.

    Why Conservatives Say “Hell No!” to McCain

    by Scott Miller

    I’ve been posting quite a bit about why I think John McCain is the worst choice the Republican Party could make when selecting the next presidential candidate… and I’m not the only one. Below, taken together, is a devastating case against McCain as the nominee of the Republicans.

    Click here to continue reading.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    jguig's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    2,488
    vCash:
    1111
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While it may be true that Conservatives would rather McCain be more conservative in his views, there is just no way in hades that they will pull the lever for Hillary or Barak. It just won't happen. The GOP would vote for Mickey Mouse before Obama. At least Mickey's been around longer, has more experience, and has more international experience.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    MDFINFAN's Avatar
    Reach for the Stars

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    21,344
    vCash:
    1370
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    While it may be true that Conservatives would rather McCain be more conservative in his views, there is just no way in hades that they will pull the lever for Hillary or Barak. It just won't happen. The GOP would vote for Mickey Mouse before Obama. At least Mickey's been around longer, has more experience, and has more international experience.
    Are you saying the repubs are stupid enough to vote for more of the same, than an intelligent person who's ran the one thing he and McCain has had a chance to run, their campaigns, which btw, was ran much better than the supposive oh so experienced guy..that in itself should say something to the repubs if they get their heads out of the trash and see the light..it's stupid to vote one party if there's a better choice.. that's why I'm a independent, I can blast both parties and I can choose from both parties, and I rather choose the better canidate than a party person for party loyality..that didn't get us very far the last 7 years and shows that our country is fickled as hell if they want the same thing again. That's just dumb..
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,660
    vCash:
    3022
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    While it may be true that Conservatives would rather McCain be more conservative in his views, there is just no way in hades that they will pull the lever for Hillary or Barak. It just won't happen. The GOP would vote for Mickey Mouse before Obama. At least Mickey's been around longer, has more experience, and has more international experience.
    You are partially right.

    There are some conservatives that like Obama, and see him as a change candidate. These are nowhere near the majority, however. While most won't vote for Obama, there is a possibility that they will stay home.

    For some people, it takes enthusiasm to get them to the polls. In the 2006 Florida gubernatorial race, my guy (Rod Smith) lost the Democratic primary, so I stayed home on Election Day (I didn't like Davis or Crist, my congressman was going to be a Republican landslide, Bill Nelson was running against a fascist, etc).

    With turnout likely to be high, why go and stand in line to vote for someone you don't really care for?

    Enthusiasm tends to be the tipping point. Kerry and Gore lacked enthusiastic support while Bush had it. Likewise for Clinton, Reagan, Kennedy, etc.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    jguig's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    2,488
    vCash:
    1111
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    Are you saying the repubs are stupid enough to vote for more of the same, than an intelligent person who's ran the one thing he and McCain has had a chance to run, their campaigns, which btw, was ran much better than the supposive oh so experienced guy..that in itself should say something to the repubs if they get their heads out of the trash and see the light..it's stupid to vote one party if there's a better choice.. that's why I'm a independent, I can blast both parties and I can choose from both parties, and I rather choose the better canidate than a party person for party loyality..that didn't get us very far the last 7 years and shows that our country is fickled as hell if they want the same thing again. That's just dumb..
    First, Repubs may be stupid by your estimation but I bet most of them are capable of proper grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation for the most part.

    Second, the statement that McCain is the same as Bush is absurd. They are different men with different perspectives. That's like saying that Obama is just like Clinton, Jimmy Carter, or Mondale for that matter because they are all Dems.

    Third, you haven't seem McCain's campaign yet. He blew his opponents out of the GOP race months ago. If Obama is so great, why is this still a race?

    Fourth, all Obama has done so far as a Senator is run a campaign. He practically started running for the most powerful job in the world once he became a Senator. I don't know if running a campaign is a feat worthy of giving someone the biggest job in the world. I usually look for some kind of experience when I hire someone. Call me crazy, but if I want a Neurosurgeon, I usually go to one that has done some surgeries rather than a doctor just out of med school.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,660
    vCash:
    3022
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    Third, you haven't seem McCain's campaign yet. He blew his opponents out of the GOP race months ago. If Obama is so great, why is this still a race?
    McCain stumbled into the nomination. He went broke and almost had to drop out. He was going against a field of flunkies, to be honest. Romney is worse than Kerry in "flip-flopping", Guiliani is a bit of a tool, Thompson didn't want to run, and Huckabee was too extreme. Huckabee or Romney would have won if they weren't splitting one anothers voting blocs.

    Obama is running against the Clinton machine and racism. He is beating the most inevitable nominee of modern history.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    jguig's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    2,488
    vCash:
    1111
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post
    McCain stumbled into the nomination. He went broke and almost had to drop out. He was going against a field of flunkies, to be honest. Romney is worse than Kerry in "flip-flopping", Guiliani is a bit of a tool, Thompson didn't want to run, and Huckabee was too extreme. Huckabee or Romney would have won if they weren't splitting one anothers voting blocs.

    Obama is running against the Clinton machine and racism. He is beating the most inevitable nominee of modern history.

    While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and to spin it anyway you so desire, the fact is that McCain won this nomination. He's the nominee that came out of the pack. The fact he rebounded so much says something about his campaign and his persistence.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,660
    vCash:
    3022
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, and to spin it anyway you so desire, the fact is that McCain won this nomination. He's the nominee that came out of the pack. The fact he rebounded so much says something about his campaign and his persistence.
    You can call it spin, but even the conservative poster boy (Limbaugh) says that Democrats chose the Republican nominee.

    He did rebound and win, which is a testament to his ability to connect with voters. When Clinton looked like the likely nominee, he had my vote. But if Mike Huckabee didn't run, Romney would be the nominee and I think most would agree.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    jguig's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2004
    Posts:
    2,488
    vCash:
    1111
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Romney was my guy. I admit that fully. But I think McCain will win handily no matter what the Dems bring forward.

    I'm no fan of Rush's. I do think he brings alot of evidence to back up his arguments, but he loses me when he pontificates or strays into conjecture. He's a master at a fact based discussion, but that's not often enough to pull me into listening much.

    BTW, I always enjoy your posts. They are always cogent. Keep up the good work.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    MDFINFAN's Avatar
    Reach for the Stars

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    21,344
    vCash:
    1370
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jguig View Post
    First, Repubs may be stupid by your estimation but I bet most of them are capable of proper grammar, sentence structure, and punctuation for the most part.

    Second, the statement that McCain is the same as Bush is absurd. They are different men with different perspectives. That's like saying that Obama is just like Clinton, Jimmy Carter, or Mondale for that matter because they are all Dems.

    Third, you haven't seem McCain's campaign yet. He blew his opponents out of the GOP race months ago. If Obama is so great, why is this still a race?

    Fourth, all Obama has done so far as a Senator is run a campaign. He practically started running for the most powerful job in the world once he became a Senator. I don't know if running a campaign is a feat worthy of giving someone the biggest job in the world. I usually look for some kind of experience when I hire someone. Call me crazy, but if I want a Neurosurgeon, I usually go to one that has done some surgeries rather than a doctor just out of med school.
    Okay, so my writing's terrible..I know that, but it's good enough to get a response from you and apparently you understood what I was saying..

    As for McCain, I've watched his campaign, that's why I was able to make the comparisons. The smoothest campaign, and one that took into affect little details, has been Obama's. McCain hasn't been a president, so your Neurosurgeon doesn't work.. I only thing we've seen any of these canidates run is their campaigns.. Call me crazy, but I want the best canidate out of what left...someone who knows econ..someone who can speak on the subjects without Lieberman to correct them, someone who has a vision, and not making it up as he goes along, someone who seems to have their minds engage, and not someone who's seem to have lost it.. My friend, we need a fresh approach and not another person who won't know what's going on in the WH.....enough is enough...
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Video for Conservatives Only
    By phinfan3411 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-30-2008, 01:04 PM
  2. McCain upsets conservatives over taxes
    By finataxia24 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2008, 03:17 PM
  3. McCain Must Appease both Hispanics and Conservatives on Immigration
    By Megatron in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-15-2008, 10:13 AM
  4. WILL THE conservatives go to war against the neocons
    By adamprez2003 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 08-19-2006, 12:00 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •