Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Satan

  1. -1
    emeraldfin's Avatar
    Gary Speed RIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    4,777
    vCash:
    6
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Satan

    Can anyone here explain to me what is the offical stance of the Christian Church and the role of Satan?
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Dolphan7's Avatar
    Desert Dolphin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    16,492
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Official Stance?

    What we can tell about Satan is from the Bible.

    He is a rebellious Fallen Angel.

    1/3 of the angels in heaven followed his rebellion.

    He is the serpent in Genesis 1.

    He is the temporary ruler of this world until Christ returns.

    He is a spirit and dwells in the spirit realm.

    He has limited powers over individuals unless they invite him or his minions in.

    Hell was created specifically for Satan and his ilk.

    Will one day have influence on the coming anti-christ and will eventually become the anti-christ depending on how one reviews Revelations.

    He will eventually be cast into Hell for eternity.

    This is just off the top of my head and straight from the Bible.

    Why the interest in Satan?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    emeraldfin's Avatar
    Gary Speed RIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    4,777
    vCash:
    6
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well does the creation of Satan mean that Christianity is not a monotheistic religion, but dualist? Thats why I would actually like to know the Church's stance on the situation of Satan
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    Dolphan7's Avatar
    Desert Dolphin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    16,492
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    Well does the creation of Satan mean that Christianity is not a monotheistic religion, but dualist? Thats why I would actually like to know the Church's stance on the situation of Satan
    The Christian Church believes that God has always been in existance, knowing no beginning and no end.

    Satan is a created being. So he has a beginning, and he will have an end so to speak.

    God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.

    Satan is none of the above. He has no God like powers.

    So according to the Christian Church, there is only one God and Satan is just a created and fallen angel in constant rebellion against God.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    emeraldfin's Avatar
    Gary Speed RIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    4,777
    vCash:
    6
    Thanks / No Thanks
    But God has no control over Satan, if Satan did indeed rebel against God.

    Now to me, a being that is able to influence factors on earth and the way people think (as seen in Genesis with Adam and Eve) Satan must then have similar powers to God. Anytime I attended Church I was always told to resist Satan and Satan's false promisies. Now to me it seems Satan must have God like powers IF Satan can affect our lives in the way God does.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,939
    vCash:
    24462
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    The Christian Church believes that God has always been in existance, knowing no beginning and no end.

    Satan is a created being. So he has a beginning, and he will have an end so to speak.

    God is omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient.

    Satan is none of the above. He has no God like powers.

    So according to the Christian Church, there is only one God and Satan is just a created and fallen angel in constant rebellion against God.
    So why won't God put Satan in Hell for eternity now rather then any other time then now?



    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Dolphan7's Avatar
    Desert Dolphin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    16,492
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    But God has no control over Satan, if Satan did indeed rebel against God.

    Now to me, a being that is able to influence factors on earth and the way people think (as seen in Genesis with Adam and Eve) Satan must then have similar powers to God. Anytime I attended Church I was always told to resist Satan and Satan's false promisies. Now to me it seems Satan must have God like powers IF Satan can affect our lives in the way God does.
    God has complete control over Satan, he just chooses not to exercise it, until the right time. Judgement day will come for Satan just as it will for everyone. Jesus has already defeated Satan via the Cross. Satan has been given temporary control of this world, but only until the return of Jesus.

    1JN 5:19 We know that we are of God, and that the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

    Certainly Satan has powers, but they are confined to the spirit realm. He isn't even close to having God like Powers. He can't read your mind like God can. He can't be everywhere at once like God can. He can't be all knowing.

    When people say to resist Satan and his false promises, they are really saying is to resist anything that is "anti-God". That is what Satan represents. He is anti-God. He will one day become the anti-Christ. His goal is to turn people away from God, that does not mean that they worship Satan, but Satan is happy if people simply reject God.

    It is comforting to know that when one has been Baptized, Satan is prevented from interferring in our relationship with God. We are protected so to speak.

    JN 10:28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.
    Now that doesn't mean that we can't voluntarily jump out of that hand! But as long as we are in that relationship with God, Satan has no power to stop that. He can tempt us, but that is about all he can do.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Dolphan7's Avatar
    Desert Dolphin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    16,492
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpurzN703 View Post
    So why won't God put Satan in Hell for eternity now rather then any other time then now?
    That is a great question.....and the answer is.......


    We don't know.


    God has his timetable and his reasons. I can only speculate as to why.

    It is hard for us as finite beings to understand the mind of an infinite God.

    PS: I just thought of something. When a person is convicted of a crime, there is always that time between the trial and the sentencing trial. My guess is that Satan has already been defeated by Christ, and now it is just that period of time between then and the final sentencing. Just a guess though.

    There are others who think that Hell doesn't exist yet. It gets into a real complicated explanation that would be best left alone for now, don't want to scare off the tourists ya know.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,939
    vCash:
    24462
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    That is a great question.....and the answer is.......


    We don't know.


    God has his timetable and his reasons. I can only speculate as to why.

    It is hard for us as finite beings to understand the mind of an infinite God.

    PS: I just thought of something. When a person is convicted of a crime, there is always that time between the trial and the sentencing trial. My guess is that Satan has already been defeated by Christ, and now it is just that period of time between then and the final sentencing. Just a guess though.

    There are others who think that Hell doesn't exist yet. It gets into a real complicated explanation that would be best left alone for now, don't want to scare off the tourists ya know.
    Regarding your analogy though, if a person is waiting trial, they aren't out in society hurting people. If Satan was just waiting to be sentenced, isn't Satan still out there trying to corrupt people and bring them to his side?

    If Satan was jail it would be similar but that's beyond nuts
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Dolphan7's Avatar
    Desert Dolphin

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    16,492
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpurzN703 View Post
    Regarding your analogy though, if a person is waiting trial, they aren't out in society hurting people. If Satan was just waiting to be sentenced, isn't Satan still out there trying to corrupt people and bring them to his side?

    If Satan was jail it would be similar but that's beyond nuts
    It was just an analogy. But even then there are some who are free to roam the land while waiting for sentencing. Not for major crimes have you but the analogy fits.

    Yes Satan is still allowed to roam the land and try to get as many people to deny God as he can. Remember that does not mean people must worship Satan, just deny God, and that makes Satan happy.

    Satan has been defeated, meaning that Jesus was able to complete his mission and become that ultimate sacrifice in order for all of us to have that path to reconciliation with God, inspite of Satan's best efforts to prevent that from happening. Satan has long had the upper hand since he tricked Adam and Eve into sinning, bringing the punishment of death for us all. Jesus triumph on the cross saved us from that certain death. Now we have a choice - either follow God, or not. But the choice is up to each one of us individually to make.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Saban = Satan
    By HULKFish in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 11:39 AM
  2. Was Jesus Really Satan?
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 12:37 AM
  3. 'Mother of Satan'
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 02:38 AM
  4. Trade Partner...satan?
    By dolfreak in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-12-2005, 03:44 PM
  5. Saban vs Satan
    By Jeep in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-03-2005, 08:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •