Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gay men, straight women share brain detail: report

1. -1
    Until the Ragnarök

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Along the Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks

Gay men, straight women share brain detail: report

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sparks, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's only a matter of time until they prove that sexual orientation is not a matter of choice.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well and here it begins. The so called scientific evidence that shows homosexuality isn't a choice, that people are born with it.

What about the child lovers out there? Pedophiles? Are they born that way too?

And the murderers and the rapists? They are born with it?

I mean how far will we go to tell ourselves that whatever we do isn't our fault and we are just born that way and therefore are not responsible for our actions before God?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Until the Ragnarök

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Along the Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Why would you automatically associate homosexuals with pedophiles and rapist?
    You bring up God in a science forum why?I don't believe God says anything about rapist or pedophiles so why make that leap?Kind of the reason i did not post this in the Religion forum-but as a moderator I'm sure you will keep it on topic.
    I'm sorry you feel you need to make a choice about your sexuality.I guess i am one of the few who know who i am attracted to and who i will be having sex with.But i guess from your point of view you as it being a choice you can double your odds with having a choice between both sexes.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I thought they just shared emotional instability and high heels.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joker2thief View Post
    Why would you automatically associate homosexuals with pedophiles and rapist?
    You bring up God in a science forum why?I don't believe God says anything about rapist or pedophiles so why make that leap?Kind of the reason i did not post this in the Religion forum-but as a moderator I'm sure you will keep it on topic.
    I'm sorry you feel you need to make a choice about your sexuality.I guess i am one of the few who know who i am attracted to and who i will be having sex with.But i guess from your point of view you as it being a choice you can double your odds with having a choice between both sexes.
    There is no way the topic of homosexuality is going to not overlap with religion, not in this country. I'll try to leave the G word out of it.

I don't automatically associate homosexuals with pedophiles or rapists. But they are sexual orientations too are they not, and according to your POV, they are born with it, and the implication is if you are born with it, it is natural right? I am just trying to show how unrealistic that view is. I mean once you open up that box, you have to include all sexual orientation.

Then Beastiality is a sexual orientation, as well as poligamy and a host of other sexual preferences.

If they are all inborn and natural................
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hot as hell, South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    I don't automatically associate homosexuals with pedophiles or rapists. But they are sexual orientations too are they not, and according to your POV, they are born with it, and the implication is if you are born with it, it is natural right? I am just trying to show how unrealistic that view is. I mean once you open up that box, you have to include all sexual orientation.

Then Beastiality is a sexual orientation, as well as poligamy and a host of other sexual preferences.

If they are all inborn and natural................
    Pedophilia and rape are not sexual orientations. You're way off and by claiming they are sexual orientations, you are associating them with homosexuality. If you are going to do that you have to include heterosexuals, bisexuals, and asexuals.

Do you not see the distinction between sexual orientation, (which is only classified as either homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, or asexual) and rape or pedophiles? If not then you are way out of sorts.

You are confusing sexual acts with sexual orientations. You are just trying to vilify homosexuals. Why would you take an article about brain scans that show a tendency towards something and infuse God, rape, humping goats, and pedophilia into it?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish54 View Post
    Pedophilia and rape are not sexual orientations. You're way off and by claiming they are sexual orientations, you are associating them with homosexuality. If you are going to do that you have to include heterosexuals, bisexuals, and asexuals.

Do you not see the distinction between sexual orientation, (which is only classified as either homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual, or asexual) and rape or pedophiles? If not then you are way out of sorts.

You are confusing sexual acts with sexual orientations. You are just trying to vilify homosexuals. Why would you take an article about brain scans that show a tendency towards something and infuse God, rape, humping goats, and pedophilia into it?
    And who determines the definitions of sexual orientation/preference?

Whether you think so or not if you are a man, and you like men that is one orientation/preference. If you are a man and you like children, then that is another preference. If you are a man and you like animals, that is a third orientation. If you are a man and like whips and chains then that is another orientation. And the list goes on and on.

Everyone has their preference as to what their favorite sex is, whether that be with a man, a woman, a child or a horse, or with several women, or by being whipped by a dominatrix.

It is a preference/orientation and is learned behavior, not inborn.

And you want it to be learned behavior becasue if it is inborn, then it is natural and if it is natural then all the beastmasters and pedophiles are just as normal as a gay man. And I don't think gay men want to be considered normal alongside the likes of those.

The only reason I bring God up is that only God has the authority to set an absolute moral standard. And he has set that standard. And people just continue to try to rationalize their behavior away, using science to justify it. But in the end it won't matter. We all meet our maker in the end. And then some may remember a D7 on a Dolphin board reminding them and warning them well before it was too late.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hot as hell, South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    And who determines the definitions of sexual orientation/preference?

Whether you think so or not if you are a man, and you like men that is one orientation/preference. If you are a man and you like children, then that is another preference. If you are a man and you like animals, that is a third orientation. If you are a man and like whips and chains then that is another orientation. And the list goes on and on.

Everyone has their preference as to what their favorite sex is, whether that be with a man, a woman, a child or a horse, or with several women, or by being whipped by a dominatrix.

It is a preference/orientation and is learned behavior, not inborn.

And you want it to be learned behavior becasue if it is inborn, then it is natural and if it is natural then all the beastmasters and pedophiles are just as normal as a gay man. And I don't think gay men want to be considered normal alongside the likes of those.

The only reason I bring God up is that only God has the authority to set an absolute moral standard. And he has set that standard. And people just continue to try to rationalize their behavior away, using science to justify it. But in the end it won't matter. We all meet our maker in the end. And then some may remember a D7 on a Dolphin board reminding them and warning them well before it was too late.
    You're interchanging an act or preference with orientation. They are two separate things. My orientation is heterosexual, my preference is for beautiful brunettes that don't mind me tugging on their hair every once in a while. I was born a heterosexual, I learned to prefer brunettes with a little sass to them.

Rape is an act. Rape is not a sexual orientation. Pedophilia is an act. Older men that have a homosexual orientation may like boys. Some older men that have a heterosexual orientation may like girls. They prefer kids, their orientation leads them to either boys or girls.

My question to you is did you really have to learn to be a heterosexual? Are you saying there was a time when you could have learned to be a homosexual?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish54 View Post
    You're interchanging an act or preference with orientation. They are two separate things. My orientation is heterosexual, my preference is for beautiful brunettes that don't mind me tugging on their hair every once in a while. I was born a heterosexual, I learned to prefer brunettes with a little sass to them.

Rape is an act. Rape is not a sexual orientation. Pedophilia is an act. Older men that have a homosexual orientation may like boys. Some older men that have a heterosexual orientation may like girls. They prefer kids, their orientation leads them to either boys or girls.

My question to you is did you really have to learn to be a heterosexual? Are you saying there was a time when you could have learned to be a homosexual?
    You are using societal definitions, which are man made and can change over time. I am using Biblical definitions that have been set in stone by the Creator.

Regarding your last question - if I, or anyone, grew up in a home and community like some parts of San Francisco that promote homosexuality as normal behavior and acceptable morally, then yes there is a good chance I or anyone would grow up gay. It is a learned behavior.

And even if it isn't learned, we still have a responsibiltiy to the Creator to do what is right.

Whether a murderer is born that way, or learns to kill, that person still has a responsibility to do the right thing under God, and in this country under the law as well.

We can't define our own morality. It has already been defined for us.
    Quote Quote