Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Report: Two-thirds care for environment because it's God's creation

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Report: Two-thirds care for environment because it's God's creation

From Christians in Hawaii to Buddhists in Connecticut, and from Jews in New York to Muslims in Wisconsin, people of all walks of faith are finding a myriad of ways to care for the environment, according to a first-of-it-kind report from the Sierra Club.

According to the report, "Faith in Action: Communities of Faith Bring Hope for the Planet" 67% of Americans said they care about the environment because it is God's creation.

Highlighting faith-based environmental initiatives in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, the report praises the "breadth, depth and diversity of spiritually motivated grassroots efforts to protect the planet."
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/religio...reen-god_N.htm
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Depends what is ment by "caring for the enviroment"
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Dolphin, its whats for dinner

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Apex, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The article is more about how religious organizations are playing a more increasing roll in environmental protection. I can understand that. However, I may just be biased and naturally untrusting of any poll conducted by religious organizations, but the poll seems misleading to me. They didnt really go into much detail about the poll other than using that one stat. It sounds good and fits in well with the article, but I have to question it. If you asked 1,000 people on the street why they care about the environment, I doubt "because god created it" would be the first thing they would say. It may (I stress "may" ) be on thier list, but probubly not high enough to make such a bold percentage statement, insinuating its the main cause.
    Bills fan for life.
    and yes, i know i can't spell worth a damn.

Samir: No, not again. I... why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam? I swear to God, one of these days.. Ah. Ah. Ah. I just kick this piece of **** out the window.
    -Office Space-
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does the other third figure the Apocalypse is right around the corner, so screw the environment?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am a Born-Again christian but I am certainly not an environmentalist.I think you should care for the environment but common-sense has to be used. I have no problem drilling for oil (Drill everwyhere we can. technology is such now that we can drill without disturbing anything). I do have a problem with people puting railroad spikes in trees so they destroy the chainswas of loggers b/c they want to protect an obscure species of owls. However, research has proven that those owls are dying out because they are lower on the foodchain than another species (same goes for this obscure species of mouse)
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Really, whatever the motivation, more awareness is a good thing in my POV.
    Quote Quote