Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged: The Official Terry Glenn Thread

1. -111
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    if you don't sign TGlenn he'll be in Patriots uni...
    i could totally see that happening
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

2. -112
    FinHeavean VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toronto, On. Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hilslo View Post
    I agree Glenn is an improvement over most of our receivers, but his addition doesn't only affect the 5th/6th receiver who will now get cut. More importantly, it affects the 3rd receiver (Derek Hagan) who will now rarely see the field. I would much rather develop Hagan than have 34 year old Terry Glenn out there when he will not be with the team when we actually become competitive. You can argue that Hagan has already missed his opportunity with all of his drops over the past couple of years but he is talented, he's having a great camp so far and it is only his third season (the proverbial breakout season for WRs). I for one would much rather he saw the field than Glenn.

Yes Hagan would be likely the most affected. But then again, when I think of Hagan I don't think of good things, Mr. Stonehands himself. A little added incentive would do him a world of good.

I think alot of people are forgetting in this "rebuilding' process is that the franchise still wants to win. Bringing in Glenn is a direct reflection of what they think of Hagan. Yes they want to develop players. But they also want to win. If Hagan raises his game and become more consistent, he'll earn the right to be the legit #3, which we would all love to see. Glenn is just competition. Which is always good.

It takes discipline to not formulate opinions about something WITHOUT KNOWING ALL THE FACTS.
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm thinking a guy who can't do better than 5th or 6th WR on a team coming off a 1-15 season isn't exactly a stud in the making.

I imagine the Dolphins are going to have about 20-25 real NFL caliber players on the roster this season, guys who will still be on the roster in 3 years when the Dolphins are ready to be real contenders again, and the rest of the guys are going to to be placeholder bodies and roster filler until to get through the season until more talent can be brought in.
    Quote Quote  

4. -114
    The Chronic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan122 View Post
    The wideouts will be Ginn and Wilford with the backups being Glenn and Hagan. THe slot receiver will probably be Bess with Ginn able to play there as well. I think Foster makes the team. Either we carry six wide receivers or he makes the practice squad.
    I think you are right, except that I think Carmillo makes the team as the 6th WR. We already know he is a very hard worker, the guy walked on as a punter at Stanford and then converteted a WR in the NFL. He also, "has kamikaze intensity on special teams", which helps out his case a lot.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/dolphin...illo_0607.html
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Left Coast
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I`m surprised some people on here don`t want Glenn. He had back to back 1,000 yd seasons in `05 and `06 and he rehabed enough to play in the final regular season game last year, plus he played in the playoff loss. I read somewhere recently where Terence Newman said Glenn was Dallas` best WR and the hardest to cover. I really hope he can go in `08 `cause he`s WAAAYYYYY better than any wideout on our roster right now.
    Chris -

Bleeding aqua and orange since 1972
    Quote Quote  

6. -116
    Dolphins Fan since 1981

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 67Stang View Post
    Wow, if someone would had told me 10 years ago while we were playing the Pats that in 10 years Bill Parcells will be your GM and Glenn your receiver, I would have told them to puff puff pass. Wow, he is 5'11 195 that's bigger than I thought. I always thought he was short in the 5'8-5'9 range.

Now that made me laugh out loud! Too True!
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just call us the miami cowboys
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post
    This has to make a few of the wideouts nervous. Hagan especially.
    hagan seems to be the one of the few stand outs at camp .. i wouldnt be worried
    Dr. Jules Hilbert: Hell Harold, you could just eat nothing but pancakes if you wanted.
    Harold Crick: What is wrong with you? Hey, I don't want to eat nothing but pancakes, I want to live! I mean, who in their right mind in a choice between pancakes and living chooses pancakes?
    Dr. Jules Hilbert: Harold, if you pause to think, you'd realize that that answer is inextricably contingent upon the type of life being led... and, of course, the quality of the pancakes.
    Quote Quote  

9. -119
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveEnd76 View Post
    I think it's a stupid idea. He is 34 years old and has had 2 big knee injuries. He clearly is NOT the player he once was. Now we'll lose out on a young guy who could've blossomed into something because we're signing this over the hill receiver.
    veteran leadership goes a long way in developing young talent
    Quote Quote  

10. -120
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rev kev View Post
    if you don't sign TGlenn he'll be in Patriots uni...
    No he won't. He hates Belichek, and vice versa. As if he was going to chose between the best team in the league and the worst.
    Quote Quote