Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: John Denney

  1. -1
    RZA's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    328
    vCash:
    1444
    Thanks / No Thanks

    John Denney

    Has this guy ever played a down? (i.e. other than as long snapper)

    Seems a total waste of a roster spot, couldn't we find someone else to do this who might make a bigger overall contribution or could Samson not learn to ping the ball back a little deeper
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    burger13's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2002
    Posts:
    6,268
    vCash:
    1002
    Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RZA View Post
    Has this guy ever played a down? (i.e. other than as long snapper)

    Seems a total waste of a roster spot, couldn't we find someone else to do this who might make a bigger overall contribution or could Samson not learn to ping the ball back a little deeper
    He's played more games as a Dolphin than anyone on the current roster besides Vernon Carey.

    The best thing you can say about John Denney is that you almost NEVER hear is name. that's a great thing for a long snapper. Almost every team in the league has a dedicated long snapper, we have forever here. We have a good one....so it seems unimportant. If we had a bad one, it would haunt us.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    RZA's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2007
    Posts:
    328
    vCash:
    1444
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, as a long snapper which is my point Mr Patronise

    Ed Perry used to contribute on offence as well:

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/4125/

    Just seems a waste to me, could Justin Peele or a back-up offensive lineman not learn this - how hard can it be FFS
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    X-Pacolypse's Avatar
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2008
    Posts:
    21,303
    vCash:
    1899
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I figure, if ain't broke don't fix it. Denney has been as reliable as they come, and I hope he's a part of this team for many more years to come.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    PhinsPhan122's Avatar
    Ted Hill

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    1,048
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Pacolypse View Post
    I figure, if ain't broke don't fix it. Denney has been as reliable as they come, and I hope he's a part of this team for many more years to come.
    I agree
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,563
    vCash:
    2458
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RZA View Post
    Yeah, as a long snapper which is my point Mr Patronise

    Ed Perry used to contribute on offence as well:

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/4125/

    Just seems a waste to me, could Justin Peele or a back-up offensive lineman not learn this - how hard can it be FFS
    Ed Perry did play TE his first few years, but he didn't for a long time.

    In 2006, there were talks that Denney would play some defensive end. Of course, it never happened.

    I don't consider it a waste. We spend three spots on the special teams. Seems okay to me.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    burger13's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2002
    Posts:
    6,268
    vCash:
    1002
    Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RZA View Post
    Yeah, as a long snapper which is my point Mr Patronise

    Ed Perry used to contribute on offence as well:

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo.../players/4125/

    Just seems a waste to me, could Justin Peele or a back-up offensive lineman not learn this - how hard can it be FFS
    Don't ask if you don't want to hear the answer then Mr. Rhetorical.

    Perry contributed minimally on offense his first three years here, then spent the next 5 years doing nothing but Long Snapping.

    Bottom line, it is difficult enough, and important enough that virtually every team in the league has someone who's sole purpose for being on the team is their ability to do it.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    sleek's Avatar
    $$UNDERDOG$$

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    1,149
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think it is better to have a specialist who can focus their whole time to their position. Using another player to do it would be taking him away from his other position where he could be sharpening his skills there. I'll take the specialist over the jack of all trades master of none.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Valandui's Avatar
    The Ghost

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2008
    Posts:
    9,585
    vCash:
    11995
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post
    Ed Perry did play TE his first few years, but he didn't for a long time.

    In 2006, there were talks that Denney would play some defensive end. Of course, it never happened.

    I don't consider it a waste. We spend three spots on the special teams. Seems okay to me.
    Well, his brother does play DE for the Bills.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Tetragrammaton's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    9,563
    vCash:
    2458
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valandui View Post
    Well, his brother does play DE for the Bills.
    I imagine he could if he really needed to, but now that is one of our deepest positions. Plus, the guy hasn't practiced it, so I doubt he would ever again.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. John Denney headed to the Pro Bowl
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 05:32 PM
  2. John Denney
    By Nublar7 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 01:08 AM
  3. John Denney is a piece of ****
    By endorPHINS72 in forum The Depths of the Sea
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
  4. John Denney/John Beck comparison
    By DolFan707 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 10:29 PM
  5. John Denney
    By Silverphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-29-2005, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •