Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami to be blessed by Houston loss?/This loss was INEVITABLE, why it was good for us

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

This loss was INEVITABLE, and why it was good for us...

Sure, losses hurt, but this loss was inevitible. This was good PSYCHOLOGICALLY for our team. Our team came into this game thinking "oh, another practice" or "oh, this is going to be a domination." This loss was a wake-up call.

If we didn't lose this week, there is no doubt in my mind that we would be blown out in a week to come.

Our team is now in the state of mind, that NO WINS come easy. You have to fight for everything you get, and fight they will.

We are going to be a new time next week, not physically (our talent is already there), but mentally. And mentality is probably the biggest part of a football game.

Our guys are going to go into NY, fight their hardest, and not slack at all no matter how bad they think the Jets are. They want a win. They are hungry to win. And they know what they need to do to win.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This was good PSYCHOLOGICALLY for our team.
    I wish I had your confidence that the Dolphins would respond positively to this defeat. Every season I've thought the end-of-the-year embarrassments they've suffered would have made some sort of impact, but it certainly does not appear that way.

Although I hope you're right, I'd really like to hear some logical reason, from some quarter, as to why anyone should think this Dolphin team will suddenly grow a heart as a result of this loss... when similar performances in years past suggest that nothing is likely to change.

I don't see any difference in the coaching, I see little difference in the players... there's an old saying about "doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result" being a good functional definition of insanity.

It looks to me like the same damn thing, but earlier in the year (is that enough of a difference to make a difference?).
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How many wake up calls do they need though?? Does this team need to be pointed the right direction every time?? Lack of heart and character is this teams' problem.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, they are not going to go into the next game thinking "we've got 8 probowlers on defense, this should be cake" because they just got handled by one of the worse teams in the league. They probably realized that no wins come easy in this league, and that they need to play the best they can every game, and not slack off like they did last game.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    GOD si smailliW ykciR

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Yes, there, there...of course it's good for you....

Is it time for a Depends change yet today ?

Pimpin' for the Bills
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gonk.. Tha point is that these players are neevr focused for an entire season.. They beat very good teams and lose their focus all over again.. I already said this in my other thread but why do you think Miami lost to the Chiefs after beating the jets and ending an 8 game winning streak?? Loss of focus and arrogance.. Not only did that happen 1 or 2 times, it happened a whopping 4 times..

Sure, Miami could go on a 2-3 game winning streak from here, but the question doesnt lie on this teams talent.. It's the heart and mental stability of these players..
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wasn't supposed that the lost in new England would be our psycological motivation?

How many of those embarrasments this team needs?

This is a verytalented team, but I'm begining to wonder his mental toughness, or the hability of the coaching staff to get the best out of this players.

Man I miss Don Shula
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    "Oklahoma is OK"
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by raphinmx
    Wasn't supposed that the lost in new England would be our psycological motivation?

How many of those embarassments this team needs?

This is a very talented team, but I'm begining to wonder his mental toughness, or the ability of the coaching staff to get the best out of these players.

Man I miss Don Shula
    I agree.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Professional Hipshooter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lakeland, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: This loss was INEVITABLE, and why it was good for us...

Originally posted by Gonk
    Sure, losses hurt, but this loss was inevitible. This was good PSYCHOLOGICALLY for our team.
    ''There's no upside to getting beat like this,'' said Tony Wise, whose offensive line got penalized and pushed around too much of the day. ``We lost to a team we should have beaten. What's the upside to that?''
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If the Fins need a loss like this to tell them that no game is a gimme, then they should not be playing in the NFL. I saw all the interviews this past week, about how they were not taking the Texans lightly. They know what to do, they just don't know how to do it.

Before the game yesterday, right before, for some reason, I felt like last season never ended, even though it seems like forever during the off season. And then they started playing, and it really felt like this game was a week after the loss to NE. THEY LOOKED EXACTLY THE SAME!!! What a nightmare.
    The DOLPHINS Are The Best Team To Ever Play Organized Sports In The History Of The Universe!!!!
    Quote Quote