Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miami to be blessed by Houston loss?/This loss was INEVITABLE, why it was good for us

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: This loss was INEVITABLE, and why it was good for us...

Originally posted by Gonk
    Sure, losses hurt, but this loss was inevitible. This was good PSYCHOLOGICALLY for our team. Our team came into this game thinking "oh, another practice" or "oh, this is going to be a domination." This loss was a wake-up call.

If we didn't lose this week, there is no doubt in my mind that we would be blown out in a week to come.

Our team is now in the state of mind, that NO WINS come easy. You have to fight for everything you get, and fight they will.

We are going to be a new time next week, not physically (our talent is already there), but mentally. And mentality is probably the biggest part of a football game.

Our guys are going to go into NY, fight their hardest, and not slack at all no matter how bad they think the Jets are. They want a win. They are hungry to win. And they know what they need to do to win.
    sure, why don't we just give this team another 17 chances to get it right. I wish I'd get that many chances to get motivated at work for the little money I make. But hey, they have their millions so why should they care. I know they wanna win, but are they ready to pay the price.

Sorry man but untill they win it all, we're gonna be the PAPER CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ozzy rules!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami to be blessed by Houston loss??

I've bashed Miami's character and their arrogant ways in my other thread, but I'll go ahead and look at the bright side other than the Houston game only being a "practice" which some people felt it was.

Last year, 2 strong teams lost to the Houston Texans.. The New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers

- Houston beat the Giants in week 12 last year 16-14 and obviously the Giants saw this game as a pusover as well. The Giants then went on to lose the following week to the Titans, a team that went to the AFC champ game, in a very tough hard fought game losing 29-32.. From there on, the Giants looked unstoppable going on a 4 game win streak to end the regular season and fell short after feeling content with a huge lead against the Niners who made one of the best comeback vistories in the NFL Playoffs.. The Giants seem as though they benefitted well from this loss as they went into the playoffs as one of the teams to look out for..

- The other team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Houston beat the Steelers 24-6 in week 14 of last year. The Steelers went on to go 3-0 after that to finish the regular season and beat the Cleveland Browns in the Wild Card only to fall short against the Titans in the most physical game of the year.

Now, looks as though the Steelers and Giants benefitted greatly from losing to the Texans ending their regular season 7-1 combined. Which begs the question.....

Will Miami do the same?? Will Miami look at this as a positive and move forward and learn from what happened??

Or will they tuck their tails in and start pointing fingers to be seen as the one not at fault??

This loss will show us the state of character that this team has established and throughout the year, we'll see what happens..

But from here on out, there's no such thing as a "Practice" even during the week days..
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Miami can come back and beat a Jet team that we all know is crap...then they've made the first step.

If they don't...then I know everything I need to know about this team's leadership (from coaches and players) and heart.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by dolphan
    If Miami can come back and beat a Jet team that we all know is crap...then they've made the first step.

If they don't...then I know everything I need to know about this team's leadership (from coaches and players) and heart.
    my feelings exactly. While the embarassment of the loss to Houston seems unforgivable now, a nice win in NJ should make us all feel better, while a loss there will have us all screaming for major changes and fast.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In the end a loss against Houston becomes meaningless if we win the division games and then don't have the malfuntion we did yesterday.

The Jets and Pats looked real weak to me. The Bills looked excellent...and downright nasty/scary on D...

Just win. No one will care about week 1 if we are playing after week 17.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by raphinmx
    This is a verytalented team, but I'm begining to wonder his mental toughness, or the hability of the coaching staff to get the best out of this players.
    until they prove otherwise, this is a team of players that HAD talent (madison, marion, seau, etc). They can take all their Pro Bowl from the past and retire w/them. 2003 is where is it at and the Phins have not arrived there yet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These were 2 different threads.. No reason to merge it...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If anything, this thread should of been merged with the "If you thought our loss to Texans was bad" thread.. Both threads had same exact stats on it and the same point..
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Chauncey

Yes, there, there...of course it's good for you....

Is it time for a Depends change yet today ?
    Why are posting a picture of your personal nurse?

Oliver...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Miami to be blessed with Houston loss??" deserves it's own thread space.. Cuz it's just damn good.. Very positive too..
    Quote Quote