Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miami going to try to do what Giants and Steelers did last year after loss to Houston

1. -1
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks

Miami going to try to do what Giants and Steelers did last year after loss to Houston

I've bashed Miami's character and their arrogant ways in my other thread, but I'll go ahead and look at the bright side other than the Houston game only being a "practice" which some people felt it was.

Last year, 2 strong teams lost to the Houston Texans.. The New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers

- Houston beat the Giants in week 12 last year 16-14 and obviously the Giants saw this game as a pusover as well. The Giants then went on to lose the following week to the Titans, a team that went to the AFC champ game, in a very tough hard fought game losing 29-32.. From there on, the Giants looked unstoppable going on a 4 game win streak to end the regular season and fell short after feeling content with a huge lead against the Niners who made one of the best comeback vistories in the NFL Playoffs.. The Giants seem as though they benefitted well from this loss as they went into the playoffs as one of the teams to look out for..

- The other team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Houston beat the Steelers 24-6 in week 14 of last year. The Steelers went on to go 3-0 after that to finish the regular season and beat the Cleveland Browns in the Wild Card only to fall short against the Titans in the most physical game of the year.

Now, looks as though the Steelers and Giants benefitted greatly from losing to the Texans ending their regular season 7-1 combined. Which begs the question.....

Will Miami do the same?? Will Miami look at this as a positive and move forward and learn from what happened??

Or will they tuck their tails in and start pointing fingers to be seen as the one not at fault??

This loss will show us the state of character that this team has established and throughout the year, we'll see what happens..

But from here on out, there's no such thing as a "Practice" even during the week days..
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ronnie Brown... He's awesome

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Buckeye State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    nice post man... let's hope it turns out to be that way...

Thanks to K-Rob for the Awesome Sig!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    excellent post Hopefully this is a slap in the face we need.
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good post...I hope we can move on from this and take it as a positive.

BTW, you have to take your Sig Off. That is no longer true..

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Prime Time
    BTW, you have to take your Sig Off. That is no longer true..
    I'm going to go ahead and leave it up for now. If they fail to backup my signature, it will be replaced later..

What seemed to happen to the Giants and Steelers is that they learned not to take a team lightly and took nothing for granted as they recuperated from the Houston loss. Basically what Miami has to do is suck it up and realize that nothing is given to anyone in this lleague.

Will Miami go home and run to mommy after losing to the Texans?
    or
    Will they suck it up and take responsibility like real men??

We will see.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Real nice except that the Giants and the Steelers have better talent. The Fins have lost three in a row to non-playoff teams. Does that tell you anything?
    savoy
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: Miami going to try to do what Giants and Steelers did last year after loss to Houston

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
    I've bashed Miami's character and their arrogant ways in my other thread, but I'll go ahead and look at the bright side other than the Houston game only being a "practice" which some people felt it was.

Last year, 2 strong teams lost to the Houston Texans.. The New York Giants and the Pittsburgh Steelers

- Houston beat the Giants in week 12 last year 16-14 and obviously the Giants saw this game as a pusover as well. The Giants then went on to lose the following week to the Titans, a team that went to the AFC champ game, in a very tough hard fought game losing 29-32.. From there on, the Giants looked unstoppable going on a 4 game win streak to end the regular season and fell short after feeling content with a huge lead against the Niners who made one of the best comeback vistories in the NFL Playoffs.. The Giants seem as though they benefitted well from this loss as they went into the playoffs as one of the teams to look out for..

- The other team is the Pittsburgh Steelers. Houston beat the Steelers 24-6 in week 14 of last year. The Steelers went on to go 3-0 after that to finish the regular season and beat the Cleveland Browns in the Wild Card only to fall short against the Titans in the most physical game of the year.

Now, looks as though the Steelers and Giants benefitted greatly from losing to the Texans ending their regular season 7-1 combined. Which begs the question.....

Will Miami do the same?? Will Miami look at this as a positive and move forward and learn from what happened??

Or will they tuck their tails in and start pointing fingers to be seen as the one not at fault??

This loss will show us the state of character that this team has established and throughout the year, we'll see what happens..

But from here on out, there's no such thing as a "Practice" even during the week days..
    Damn Skippy Rude!
    Nice turnaround post.....
    SUPER BOWL.... SUPER BOWL..... SUPER BOWL!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love this post. I'm looking forward to see if they can pull it together and rise up against the Jets. Ususally these two teams bring out the best games in each other, so we'll see.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS

I'm going to go ahead and leave it up for now. If they fail to backup my signature, it will be replaced later..
    To be perfectly honest, your sig falls outside the new guidelines we've set up. So if you could go ahead and take care of that, that would be great. [/Lumberg]

BTW - good post. :cool:
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'll go ahead and take care fo the sig.
    Quote Quote