Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: According to Omar Kelly,

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks

According to Omar Kelly,

Pennington won't be handed the starting job.

"Chad is going to be competing. He knows that," said Sparano, who last week complained about not having enough snaps to get a good look at the team's three quarterbacks.
    Again, I like this approach. Some fans here are convinced our QB position is bad, and Henne is the only choice we have at the future, maybe. But I think the staff will do their best to make sure it's the right choice even short term. Sorry guy's but I don't think we're going to be a playoff team just yet, so why not work towards finding a QB lineup that best fits this team and their philosphy?

I think we are finally doing things the right way, building the lines up with big strong guy's, adding talent the QB position, making every position a battle for who wants it most.

Anyone watch Sparano on the sidlines this past game? The looked like he knew what he was doing screaming at the players, screaming at the refs and not looking like he was gonna cry any minute. I love the way things are going with this team, I could care less what our record is this year I think everything else this team is doing will be fun to watch. I think we will see steady improvements from week to week.

Here's the rest of the link to the Pennington article enjoy:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/f...,6831069.story
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What do you expect Coach Sparano to say? Yes, competition is over. Thats like saying there is competition at inside linebacker. Sure there is. A competition that we can already predetermine resulting in Channing and Akin starting.

Keep in mind he also said he didnt have interest in adding another QB, nothing that he "has enough trouble getting the guys already here their reps".

Chad will start.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tell Sparano I say SuuuuuuuRRRRReeeeeeeee! HE is gonna look better then McCown, Beck or Henne
    Follow me at www.twitter.com/robi2184, always updating Dolfans with the latest Miami Dolphins news.

Zach Thomas: I played against New England twice a year every year my whole career. I learned to not like that team. I wasn't going to join them.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wait this on is better we might carry 4 QBs, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was going to mention that he also said that, which wont happen. Cant put much stock into what a coach says nowadays.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan1000 View Post
    What do you expect Coach Sparano to say? Yes, competition is over. Thats like saying there is competition at inside linebacker. Sure there is. A competition that we can already predetermine resulting in Channing and Akin starting.

Keep in mind he also said he didnt have interest in adding another QB, nothing that he "has enough trouble getting the guys already here their reps".

Chad will start.

Maybe he will, but remember the Jets just let a guy go that is the all time leading passer in NFL history with completion %. Kellen Clemens is no Chad Pennington, yet Penningtons out? Could there be more to Chads release then we know? Hey if Chad outplays everyone good, if not well we'll know real soon. Either way I think Chad needs to prove it was a mistake for the Jets to release him, not us assuming it was a mistake. You can all sit there and act like you know everying and assume the world, I'd rather rely on the facts. I think this is the right approach.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You want facts? Pennington was released because they traded for Brett Favre. Has nothing to do with the Pennington vs. Clemens battle. Many would tell you that Pennington was leading the way in that competition.

But when Brett and his $12 million salary was acquired, salary cap room needed to be made, and Pennington makes far more than Clemens.

Here ya go, some facts.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Ready for Henne.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan1000 View Post
    You want facts? Pennington was released because they traded for Brett Favre. Has nothing to do with the Pennington vs. Clemens battle. Many would tell you that Pennington was leading the way in that competition.

But when Brett and his $12 million salary was acquired, salary cap room needed to be made, and Pennington makes far more than Clemens.

Here ya go, some facts.
    And don't forget the age factor. I mean, in theory, Clemens is still their 'man of the future'.

"Having moneys not everything, not having it is"
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Competition only brings out the greatness in players, so im all for a QB competition. But we all know that pennington will start.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TGJ19 View Post
    Competition only brings out the greatness in players, so im all for a QB competition. But we all know that pennington will start.
    I tend to disagree (with the competition part; I also think Penny will start ). I think competition may bring out the best in players, but practice makes perfect. As George Halas said, "Don't do anything in practice you wouldn't do in the game." That is why Sparano was complaining about the reps these guys had to split.

To me, the main point of competition is evaluation when you have no clear option. A side benefit is that it does push players, but it limits the entire offense from gelling with its most pivotal component. It's the devils choice. Damned if you don't, if you aren't sure who to start, how can you figure it out. Damned if you do, because the more people you see, the less you actually see them and the more you limit the development of the rest of your offense.

If competition were always good, they would always split snaps even with incumbent starting caliber QBs at the helm.
    Quote Quote