Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Madden 09 Issues

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Henne is a beast, and if you know how to use him Teddy G is a MONSTER!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Do you guys feel like this game is alot harder? Mainly running. In 08, I could have like 20-25 carries for anywhere from 120-200 yards, every game. But in my first game I had like 16 carries and like 70 yards. I'm sure I'll get better once I play it more, but right now it makes me so frustrated. The same thing goes for passing, not to that extent, but still.

Also, I'm not using the My Skill thing. I started on All-Pro, but I got nowhere so I went to Pro for now, and thats what I got those pitiful stats on...
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Da Dalphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flawda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    hell yea its harder. running used to be my strength. in my first 2 games i got probably 30 carries for 28 yards.

i played with NO and with Duece i had 10 carries for -4 yards. ****in game is horrible so far. i get ran through in the backfield before i even get a chance. and thats on ****in all pro....

>
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    He's Backkkkk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I always thought it would be better if they came out with madden a little bit later than the usual release date due to the roster problems. The new update is fairly reasonable but Im just going to play ncaa football til the next update.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Da Dalphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flawda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    after playing more and more this game does ****ing suck. way to many negatives to even list.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Ready for Henne.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The game went 'Gold' two months ago. For those of you who don't know what that means, it means the developers finished working on it, and havent touched it since, two months ago. Thats Why taylor was still on the team, thats why Favre wasnt in the game, and thats why Pennington was still a Jet.

As for the complaints of the stadium, thats kind of nit picking, though EA asked for with exclusivity.

Bess and Foster may not even make the team for what we know, so madden may be right.

And Donald Thomas has done absolutely nothing to deserve a higher rating. Hopefully he WILL, but going off what they had at the time, why would EA rate him any higher? And even now, why would they rate him any higher just for starting in preseason?

"Having moneys not everything, not having it is"
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, I was pretty surprised how decent the roster was (after the update)

but I wouldn't go as far as to say that it ****ing sucks. It'll just take some getting used to.

... alot of getting used to.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man! Running is just impossible. Passing isnt AS bad, but its no walk in the park. I'm going to illustrate in paint what seems to be happening.

First off, let's just say I NEED a fast QB, so I gave John Beck like 87 speed. And as far as Ricky Williams goes, I will always love him, so I upped his rating. 96 elusive, 90 trucking, 97 speed, 97 stiff arm. upped his spin and juke into the mid/high 90's. and other things, but his overall is now 98.

the O-Line is okay, Long and Carey are good and the rest are pretty decent.

Okay, the play is meant to go inside. But in 08, I would always bounce out and truck or juke some people to get the first, or atleast 6-7 yards.

Slide 1- What I try to do
    Slide 2- It seems to work, I get past the ONE guy (if i'm lucky) but then, the other 2 guys escape from the blockers within a second.
    Slide 3- Dominated, as soon as either I get the ball in my hands, or start to try to run.

Most of the time it's 3 though.

Ridiculous!

btw: I tried on All-Pro but got dominated, so everything illustrated in the play is on PRO. How pitiful is that?! I don't like the My Skill thing either
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Ready for Henne.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nappy Roots View Post
    after playing more and more this game does ****ing suck. way to many negatives to even list.
    Honestly, to enjoy the game you have to use the sliders. I have the CPUs run defense at the pro level and everything else at the all pro level. Its the only way I could move the ball without being ridiculous.

Though Of course Im in my second season of my Franchise and I imported the draft class fro NCAA. So now I have Pat White as my QB, makes the game a lot more fun.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you guys are tripping man, u prob just dono hwo to play. its a LOT harder then the previous one but 08 was a NITE AND DAY DIFF and harder then the 07 one and 08 took me a while to get used too. u guys expect to turn it on and be good at it, thats what u dont understand, they aren't making madden for ur avg joe gammer, its such a hit and a task that its become for the serious gamer that plays online half the time if not all the time and competes with tough players so there aren't any glitches or stupid fake stuff going on. for example, in 06, i used to have moss run a fly route (S. Moss not Randy) and it was nearly impossible to guard due to his speed. they took that fake **** out and u guy sare complaining? lol play me wiht that mode and we'll see if u will be happy with the end result or not.

this game is very very good and im a serious madden gamer (ranked 329 at one point) and i can tell u this is the best one to come out although it is much harder. the only complaint i have so far is that the qbs with weak arms it shows a lot more then usual such as Romo. hes arm for the deep ball is crappy but last year wiht that THP it was as if hes THP was 95, so instead of ebing somewhere in the middle of the two they kinda made it float 30 yards on a lob. im ok wiht that cuz I am better iwth MIA online instead of Dal interestingly cuz iwht DAL in 08 i was very very very hard to beat.

Is neone getting the "game freezing" issue when u get an injured player online and it takes an injury timeout? happened twice to me.
    Quote Quote