Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Madden 09 Issues

1. -31
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AccordOn13z View Post
    Pennington is at QB for me but I dont understand how to switch us back to 3-4... The running game is def. harder but its more realistic. because ronnie doesnt take it for 6 every time he touches it.
    You can, but it won't be good. Quentin Moses and Rob Ninkovich have terrible linebacker ratings.
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Da Dalphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flawda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i figured out what i was doing wrong with the running game. and though the last 2 games ive done better, pass defense still is tough. the dark circle where the ball is going is tough to see, and the camera angle is tough to tell the flight of the ball.

also, why is it EA makes NCAA that much better in gameplay. screen passes are always good in NCAA but ****in blow in Madden. the RB catches it goes 5 yards backwards and gets tackled.
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nappy Roots View Post
    i figured out what i was doing wrong with the running game. and though the last 2 games ive done better, pass defense still is tough. the dark circle where the ball is going is tough to see, and the camera angle is tough to tell the flight of the ball.

also, why is it EA makes NCAA that much better in gameplay. screen passes are always good in NCAA but ****in blow in Madden. the RB catches it goes 5 yards backwards and gets tackled.
    yea the screen only works for me if the LB on that side im screening too is blitzing otherwize he gets right through and gets me once i pass in the backfield.
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Superbowl MVP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    College Station, TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    can you turn off the my skills thing? from what I understand it will make the two players about equal to each other. Thats BS if im better than my roommate, i want to pummel him. I dont want the computer helping him out. And is the my skills thing disabled during online play?
    God Bless Palestine
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Ready for Henne.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by COMEBACKRICKY View Post
    can you turn off the my skills thing? from what I understand it will make the two players about equal to each other. Thats BS if im better than my roommate, i want to pummel him. I dont want the computer helping him out. And is the my skills thing disabled during online play?
    yes and yes.

When you got to play the game, a menu of sliders shows up. You can choose preset sliders (rookie, pro, all pro, all madden) or you can customize your own sliders (which means you can actually make the game even easier than rookie).

Obviously you and your roomate would just play on the same difficulty.

"Having moneys not everything, not having it is"
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks

i agree the screen is ****ing terrible, always get sucked into that animation drawn into a defender and dropped for a 5 yard loss. wasnt as bad last year if i recall, nice tool to use to make people pay for constant blitzting. oh well. another thing that annoys me is players disappearing into the walls and what not after touchdowns. how could they leave that in the game
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Colbert '08

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i figured out what i was doing wrong with the running game.
    Really? What did you do that helped you out? I'm having a freaking hard time running the ball as well. I'm halfway through a season and Brown has a 3.1 rushing avg. Its annoying.
    Come forth thou coward king,
    to fight with thine own hand!
    Come!
    For I would see thy craven face!
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Da Dalphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flawda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukin View Post
    Really? What did you do that helped you out? I'm having a freaking hard time running the ball as well. I'm halfway through a season and Brown has a 3.1 rushing avg. Its annoying.

when you get hit, keep hitting the buttons like stiff arm, spin, highlight stick, etc. you will break tackles and atleast go foward somewhat.
    Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Paddy's Pub

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boom City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    froze on me 3 times already. and at the very end of the game. it is much better than last year's version (i have ps3) but i still can't believe the clock doesn't stop when you run out of bounds.

you don't drop picks anymore. i am most thankful for that. dropping 4 picks a game and catching only 1 got old fast.

Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Da Dalphins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flawda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the running in this game makes it not fun anymore, madden dropped the ball on this peice of **** game, first madden i havent liked
    Quote Quote