Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Ps2 Network Adapter

1. -1
    Predator in the Water

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In the water
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ps2 Network Adapter

I have a question on the PS2 Network adapter.....

First off, i want to take my gaming to another level....Is the PS2 network Adapter worth it????? I run on 56k, what are the fees? is it laggy? all feedbacks and thoughts welcome....

Also i hate to bragg, but my madden competition around here is weak, I can beat everybody around my neighborhood except for my cousin which he's beaten me very few times and even he struggles to beat me but does manage to get a few games off me......Ive also seen and heard about you guys playing Vs. Ricky, I would love to play him and see how good he is.....

All in All is it worth it?????
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is worth is but you are in the same boat as me with the dail-up. It is laggy but now as bad as one would thing. It is a little harder to get a game with dail-up. My first game on-line I blasted someone very bad but near the end of the game I lost the connection so that mean I get a disconnect. That mean someone quit in the middle of the game. It is a way to let others know if you are a quitter or not. It is a good thing for them to do but sucks for us on dail-up. My disconnect was %100 intill I played another game and I could'nt get anyone to play me for a while because of that. Also the head set is not suported with dail-up either so that sucks big time. They have a very big community with rankings and tournements so that is very cool. Also you can always find someone to kick your *** by 30 or 40 points if you look around a little.

Last years number one ranked player in Madden 2003 got a job at EA Sports testing the new game.

All in all with dail-up also I would say go for it for sure. It is worth it. There is no monthly fee to play Madden but Everquest costs I think $4.95 a month and they are taling about charging a fee next year. I think the adapter is $39.99

I think that I am going to get cable soon though so that will be great then. I can't wait to play and be able to talk to them at the same time.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sparks, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How do you hook up the adapter to the internet? My PS2 is in a different room than my computer, do I have to run wires to cable modem on my cpu or do I need to get a 2nd cable modem?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No if you are on dail-up all you have to do is run a phone line to it. If you are on cable or DSL then you would need to get a router. A router provides a firewall and it also allows you to share a broadband connection between computers. So you would have to maybe run maybe one wire but there are wireless routers as well so that would solve that problem as well
    Last edited by WeVie; 09-11-2003 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sparks, NV
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks, I have a cable modem and I'll look into a router. If I'm on the PS2 playing online, does that tie up the internet connection for the cpu or can somebody still be on the internet?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No you can still be on the internet. The router that is in the picture is a four port router. You can have four computers on the internet at the same time.
    Quote Quote