Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rock Band 2 vs Guitar Hero World Tour

1. -11
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    does anybody know if the rock band drums are compatible with rock band 2 game and if also the gh2 and gh3 guitars compatible with rb2. i know the gh3 guitar is compatible with rb1, but i do not know if they carried that over
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle979 View Post
    Rock Band 2. It's not even close. And this is from someone who has played every Guitar Hero game [and owns 1-3] up to this point. Rock Band revolutionized this genre. I was skeptical but I broke down and bought Rock Band last April [I had bought GuitarHero 3 as soon as it was released], I haven't regretted it for a second. I have about 90 songs on RB right now and with the new game and backwards compability I will have an insane amount once RB2 comes out. Not to mention they keep the DLC coming every week. GH3 sucked with DLC. They hardly ever released anything worth looking at. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. If RB wasn't the best out there GH wouldn't be copying them with this new game.
    It IS close actually... more like the other way around. The drumset on GH:WT is MUCH better than Rock Band 2. Not to mention that it is compatible for BOTH games.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ztfan54 View Post
    does anybody know if the rock band drums are compatible with rock band 2 game and if also the gh2 and gh3 guitars compatible with rb2. i know the gh3 guitar is compatible with rb1, but i do not know if they carried that over
    everything from the GH series is compatible with rock band 1 and 2. everything from the RB series is compatible with GHWT, except for maybe the strat. i threw mine away cause it sucks

and for what it's worth...everything from rock revolution is supposed to work with rb/ghwt, but that game blows so i haven't actually met anyone whose played it

the only think that works on rb but not on ghwt right now is the ION drumset, but that's not made by hmx/ea/mtv/whoever, but by another 3rd party
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    I bought the Wii last week and we bought Guitar Hero Legends of Rock yesterday. I dunno anything about Rock Band but I do know that Guitar Hero ****ing rules so far.

Really glad I got the Wii
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpurzN703 View Post
    I bought the Wii last week and we bought Guitar Hero Legends of Rock yesterday. I dunno anything about Rock Band but I do know that Guitar Hero ****ing rules so far.

Really glad I got the Wii
    see...i thought gh3 was the worst one out of the entire series, but to each his own

and now, after playing ghwt and rb2 extensively, i must say rb2 wins this round hands down. i'm talking about the game itself, not about instruments (since all instruments are compatible). for me, there just aren't that many songs on ghwt that i really enjoy playing (for those interested: expert guitar/bass, hard drums). sure i enjoy playing the tool songs, the jimi songs, muse and stranglehold, but that's really about it, while rb2 has many songs on-disc that i like to play, as well as tons of dlc that i have for the game, and the rb1 setlist (-3 songs).

the drum charts in rb2 are more fun to play for me too. so far, all of the drum songs i've played on ghwt have been basic tempo beats. nothing really fun about it, but repetitive instead. granted, with drums, you're gonna be repeating a lot anyway...but not EVERY song is gonna have the same basic beat/tempo, and ghwt seems to have that problem on many of the songs i've played

plus...rb has the weekly dlc to contend with. and most of the dlc i've enjoyed (i'm up to nearly 350 out of almost 500 total songs, that's about 213 songs that i've downloaded). the dlc released for ghwt so far has not held my interest at all (i've picked up the jimi pack and the no rain single)

for those that play in full 4-player bands, i think rb also wins in that category, for the simple fact that you can "save" a bandmate when/if they fail. granted, in ghwt, the star power is bandwide (meaning that a vocalist can earn star power, and anyone else in the band can use it) so someone in trouble could use the other bandmate's star power to help them, but it just doesn't feel as fun as rb's style, especially since the "fail meter" is pretty out of the way to look at when you're playing anything besides vocals and guitar
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Why not us?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rock Band 2 with GH: WT drumset. the end.

2008 AFC EAST DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Go Gators Come On Gators Get Up And Go!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Binghamton, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just played Rockband 2 and I still think GH: WT is way better.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm in a fix right now. RB2 or GHWT? I've always been a fan of guitar hero. And I really want to get GHWT because the drum set looks 10x better. But at the same time I hear a lot of good things about RB2. I play both guitar and drums. I'm more of a drummer than anything. Will I be disappointed with RB2's drums? GHWT drum set is the only selling point for me right now, But the good talk about RB2 really has me stuck with which one to buy. Help me please. I got money burning a hole in my pocket.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Can you use Guitar Hero's guitars with Rock Band?
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yes, you can use gh's guitars with rb, and the gh guitars are the best ones to use. i still use my x-plorer for all guitar gaming needs

and as for which drumset to use, you can't really go wrong with either one. they both have their plusses and minuses, from what i've heard/read. but i enjoy my rb2 drums

and also...if you're more of a drummer, i recommend rb2. like i said in a previous post, the drum charts on ghwt just seemed not nearly as fun as the ones on rb2. they were just too repetitive. remember...ghwt is a guitar game first with other instruments added on. rb was made from the ground up as a full band game, even though the guitar still seems to get a lot of the spotlight shown on it
    Quote Quote