Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: Rock Band 2 vs Guitar Hero World Tour

  1. -21
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,085
    vCash:
    6917
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maccachief View Post
    yes, you can use gh's guitars with rb, and the gh guitars are the best ones to use. i still use my x-plorer for all guitar gaming needs

    and as for which drumset to use, you can't really go wrong with either one. they both have their plusses and minuses, from what i've heard/read. but i enjoy my rb2 drums

    and also...if you're more of a drummer, i recommend rb2. like i said in a previous post, the drum charts on ghwt just seemed not nearly as fun as the ones on rb2. they were just too repetitive. remember...ghwt is a guitar game first with other instruments added on. rb was made from the ground up as a full band game, even though the guitar still seems to get a lot of the spotlight shown on it

    Are the drums the same for RB1 and RB2. They got a killer deal here to buy RB1 with everything for $99. I was thinking to buy RB1 then buy RB2 disk only. Is that a good idea?





    "Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,775
    vCash:
    594
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Do you need to have drums to play GHWT or is it an added bonus if you do? I only ask b/c currently I only have the two guitars from GH Legends of Rock.

    At some point I'll throw down the money for drums but not yet



    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    Get Up And Go's Avatar
    Go Gators Come On Gators Get Up And Go!!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    695
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Binghamton, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    I'm in a fix right now. RB2 or GHWT? I've always been a fan of guitar hero. And I really want to get GHWT because the drum set looks 10x better. But at the same time I hear a lot of good things about RB2. I play both guitar and drums. I'm more of a drummer than anything. Will I be disappointed with RB2's drums? GHWT drum set is the only selling point for me right now, But the good talk about RB2 really has me stuck with which one to buy. Help me please. I got money burning a hole in my pocket.
    I like world tour A LOT better. I recently rented Rock band 2 and I returned it the next day.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    maccachief's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    95
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    you don't have to have the drums to play either game. you could use both games for guitar play only

    and as for the rb1 set for $99...that's not that bad of a deal, but consider these opinions of mine:
    1) the rb1 guitar blows. don't even bother with it, go buy a used x-plorer gh2 guitar (assuming you have a 360, if you don't, go buy a used wireless sg)
    2) the rb1 drums aren't THAT bad out of the box, but with a little modification, they are a lot better. i went out and bought a sheet of adhesive foam and a sheet of adhesive felt. cut the foam out to fit the drumpads, stuck the foam on the pads, then stuck the felt on the foam. this makes the pads quieter and also allows for more bounce on your sticks. also..don't play too hard with the pedal, or it might break. i recommend some sort of reinforcement

    even if you did get that bundle for rb1, and then bought the other guitar and the mod for the drums, it's less than a full rb2 bundle

    and i gotta wonder get up and go, what level difficulty you play on?

    EDIT: forgot to mention to dolphins9954, if you buy that rb1 set for $99, you can then export 55/58 of the rb1 songs and put them on your harddrive for $5 (as long as you're online to get the update/download code). then, you could take the rb1 disc and trade it in towards rb2. then, you'll have all the rb1 songs available to play on rb2, as well as all of the rb2 stuff. the only 3 songs you can't export and transfer over are "enter sandman" by metallica, a cover of "paranoid" by black sabbath, and a cover of "run to the hills" by iron maiden. if you do export the rb1 songs into rb2, you could then go into your harddrive later and delete any rb1 songs that you don't care to play, so then you won't have to worry about them being played randomly in rb2
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Dolphins9954's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    10,085
    vCash:
    6917
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maccachief View Post
    you don't have to have the drums to play either game. you could use both games for guitar play only

    and as for the rb1 set for $99...that's not that bad of a deal, but consider these opinions of mine:
    1) the rb1 guitar blows. don't even bother with it, go buy a used x-plorer gh2 guitar (assuming you have a 360, if you don't, go buy a used wireless sg)
    2) the rb1 drums aren't THAT bad out of the box, but with a little modification, they are a lot better. i went out and bought a sheet of adhesive foam and a sheet of adhesive felt. cut the foam out to fit the drumpads, stuck the foam on the pads, then stuck the felt on the foam. this makes the pads quieter and also allows for more bounce on your sticks. also..don't play too hard with the pedal, or it might break. i recommend some sort of reinforcement

    even if you did get that bundle for rb1, and then bought the other guitar and the mod for the drums, it's less than a full rb2 bundle

    and i gotta wonder get up and go, what level difficulty you play on?

    EDIT: forgot to mention to dolphins9954, if you buy that rb1 set for $99, you can then export 55/58 of the rb1 songs and put them on your harddrive for $5 (as long as you're online to get the update/download code). then, you could take the rb1 disc and trade it in towards rb2. then, you'll have all the rb1 songs available to play on rb2, as well as all of the rb2 stuff. the only 3 songs you can't export and transfer over are "enter sandman" by metallica, a cover of "paranoid" by black sabbath, and a cover of "run to the hills" by iron maiden. if you do export the rb1 songs into rb2, you could then go into your harddrive later and delete any rb1 songs that you don't care to play, so then you won't have to worry about them being played randomly in rb2

    Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the new RB2 bundle. I read that the guitar and drums are better than the first RB1. I rented GHWT. It's pretty fun but I've played all of the Guitar Hero's and I'm looking for something new. RB2 will do that for me. Thanks for your time.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    maccachief's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    95
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to go ahead and get the new RB2 bundle. I read that the guitar and drums are better than the first RB1. I rented GHWT. It's pretty fun but I've played all of the Guitar Hero's and I'm looking for something new. RB2 will do that for me. Thanks for your time.
    no problem. i don't know your financial situation, but one of the main draws to the rb series is the DLC. be sure to check that out. lots of stuff there
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    SpurzN703's Avatar
    I like your style Dude

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    26,775
    vCash:
    594
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by maccachief View Post
    you don't have to have the drums to play either game. you could use both games for guitar play only

    and as for the rb1 set for $99...that's not that bad of a deal, but consider these opinions of mine:
    1) the rb1 guitar blows. don't even bother with it, go buy a used x-plorer gh2 guitar (assuming you have a 360, if you don't, go buy a used wireless sg)
    2) the rb1 drums aren't THAT bad out of the box, but with a little modification, they are a lot better. i went out and bought a sheet of adhesive foam and a sheet of adhesive felt. cut the foam out to fit the drumpads, stuck the foam on the pads, then stuck the felt on the foam. this makes the pads quieter and also allows for more bounce on your sticks. also..don't play too hard with the pedal, or it might break. i recommend some sort of reinforcement

    even if you did get that bundle for rb1, and then bought the other guitar and the mod for the drums, it's less than a full rb2 bundle

    and i gotta wonder get up and go, what level difficulty you play on?

    EDIT: forgot to mention to dolphins9954, if you buy that rb1 set for $99, you can then export 55/58 of the rb1 songs and put them on your harddrive for $5 (as long as you're online to get the update/download code). then, you could take the rb1 disc and trade it in towards rb2. then, you'll have all the rb1 songs available to play on rb2, as well as all of the rb2 stuff. the only 3 songs you can't export and transfer over are "enter sandman" by metallica, a cover of "paranoid" by black sabbath, and a cover of "run to the hills" by iron maiden. if you do export the rb1 songs into rb2, you could then go into your harddrive later and delete any rb1 songs that you don't care to play, so then you won't have to worry about them being played randomly in rb2
    Thanks for the insight friend
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Perfect23's Avatar
    I wish people understood this

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Dec 2005
    Posts:
    4,298
    vCash:
    1706
    Loc:
    Earth
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rock Band 2
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    zackmandude63's Avatar
    Poconos Phinatic!

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    1,817
    vCash:
    1012
    Loc:
    Poconos, Pa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i dont know if its just my guitar, but for RB, the damn thing never goes into overdrive. On a side note: anyone play GH:Metallica yet? I haven't but i remember rerading somewhere that the drum set can use two pedals. How insane is that?!
    Quote Quote  

  10. -30
    maccachief's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2004
    Posts:
    95
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zackmandude63 View Post
    i dont know if its just my guitar, but for RB, the damn thing never goes into overdrive. On a side note: anyone play GH:Metallica yet? I haven't but i remember rerading somewhere that the drum set can use two pedals. How insane is that?!
    if you like metallica, gh:m is really good. i've gone as far as saying that it is my favorite on-disc plastic instrument game yet (by on-disc, i mean not counting DLC, since only the "death magnetic" album works for gh:m). my favorite plastic instrument game is still rb2 though, because of the dlc

    and yeah..i have that problem with my guitar too (not going into overdrive, or i have to almost turn it 100 degrees for it to activate). i credit that to the guitar being a few years old with a few loose mechanics and what not. still the best guitar though (x-plorer from 360 gh2)

    and yeah...you can use 2 pedals for gh:m. actually...it is possible to use 2 pedals for any of the music games, it's just that gh:m is the only one that has double bass actually charted (only if you play on expert+, for drums only). there are a few retail drum pedals out there that come with a splitter (i like the metal pedal personally) that you can hook up to your drumset to get double bass. if i remember correctly though, you still can't have one pedal pressed down and try to press down on the other pedal. you can only have one pedal pressed down at a time to get credit for the notes, so that takes some getting used to
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Guitar Hero: World Tour
    By Dolfan3773 in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 03:30 AM
  2. guitar hero world tour
    By BARF in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 02:30 AM
  3. Guitar only options for Rock Band and GH?
    By rafael in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 08:56 PM
  4. Guitar Hero II
    By UltraDol-Fan in forum Gaming Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 06:19 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •