Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Commentary: CKParrothead Previews Fins vs Jets

1. -41
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    good points. baker though i have no problem with asking someone to handle one on one. he's just not as much a threat vertically and in the open field but definitely the better all around te.

keller in the h back i didn't even think about. lot of options for them with that kid. a nice weapon for teams to have to account for. like you said though keller as a blocker in the running game in an h back set is pretty much useless.
    And that's a big mill stone hanging around his neck as far as his overall use goes.

Bottom line is, you could put a WR in at H-Back or F-Back, and in the passing game he'd be an immense mismatch against a Matt Roth or Akin Ayodele in unfettered coverage. But, would that WR survive the kind of jam those bigger guys would put on him within 5 yards? Would the defense even treat him like an H-Back or an F-Back?

The Dolphins could very well jump to a 30 Stack defense (3-3-5 with Crocker and Bell as right and left safeties, Jason Allen as centerfielder) every time Dustin Keller is on the field in those sets. Would the Jets be able to counter that by running the ball on that undersized front?

Such is the danger with one-dimensional players...and it's the reason why, right now, Chris Baker is the more valuable player.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Ryan tannehill...like a boss

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    richmond va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    And that's a big mill stone hanging around his neck as far as his overall use goes.

Bottom line is, you could put a WR in at H-Back or F-Back, and in the passing game he'd be an immense mismatch against a Matt Roth or Akin Ayodele in unfettered coverage. But, would that WR survive the kind of jam those bigger guys would put on him within 5 yards? Would the defense even treat him like an H-Back or an F-Back?

The Dolphins could very well jump to a 30 Stack defense (3-3-5 with Crocker and Bell as right and left safeties, Jason Allen as centerfielder) every time Dustin Keller is on the field in those sets. Would the Jets be able to counter that by running the ball on that undersized front?

Such is the danger with one-dimensional players...and it's the reason why, right now, Chris Baker is the more valuable player.
    i definitely think we're gonna see that 3-3-5 stack. in fact, i thought i saw a little sprinkle of it in the preseason where all 3 of bell, allen, and crocker were on the field at the same time and i think this is the perfect opponent to use it against. not the strongest running game as you've shown. no coincidence imo we saw it a little bit in the preseason. coaches wanted to see how the 3 safeties would look on film especially in coverage.

perfect team to use it against
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PHINANALYST View Post
    I believe that the JETS have an slight edge with experience and a marginal edge with talent; but if the weather cooperates - heat, youth and desire may be enough to overcome the overall slight disadvantage we have.

What worries me most is if the JETS can effectively employ a spread offense to counter our 'beefy' front 7 -- if they do, they will likely win the game; as we don't yet have the experience (maybe not even the personnel) to adapt quickly enough.
    I guarantee they'll try to do just that. But, having David Clowney out with a broken collar bone hurts, as he was looking like potentially their best WR not named Jericho or Laveraneous.

Chansi Stuckey I like, but he's yet to catch a pass in the NFL. Brad Smith is better, but you need more than three to run a spread like you're talking about.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hooshoops View Post
    i definitely think we're gonna see that 3-3-5 stack. in fact, i thought i saw a little sprinkle of it in the preseason where all 3 of bell, allen, and crocker were on the field at the same time and i think this is the perfect opponent to use it against. not the strongest running game as you've shown. no coincidence imo we saw it a little bit in the preseason. coaches wanted to see how the 3 safeties would look on film especially in coverage.

perfect team to use it against
    So I'm told, the 3-3-5 stack has been a staple of Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick teams forever.
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did I mention this thread is 5 stars?
    Jay Fiedler can take his'n and lose to your'n.....or take your'n and lose to his'n.

Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Gangsta Leanin'

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Broward
    Thanks / No Thanks
    good read
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Seer of Visions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Weeki Wachee, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Honestly, it's become chic to talk about the Dolphins winning 6 to 8 games this year. Where are those wins going to come from? They have to come from somewhere, don't they?

And if they don't come at the expense of a 4-12 team, at home in Miami, in September when the Dolphins have such an historical advantage at home in September...where the hell ARE those 6 to 8 wins going to come from?

I'm sold, we kick Jet butt.

How many times do we sack Favre to make that happen?

I'm going with 5.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mayport
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they way favre gets sack and the way the phins d looks im guessing about 5 times too...nice breakdown ck
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tralfamador
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Flame away, Jet fans!
    Honestly, I wouldn't know where to begin. You got some details wrong and neglected to mention others regarding the Jets, but that stuff I can overlook being that your a dolphan not jetfan.

You obviously put a lot of work into this and I commend you on it.

Overall, it's not as objective as it should be, but fans get a pass on being a little biased.

Good work, CKP
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kilgore Trout View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't know where to begin. You got some details wrong and neglected to mention others regarding the Jets, but that stuff I can overlook being that your a dolphan not jetfan.

You obviously put a lot of work into this and I commend you on it.

Overall, it's not as objective as it should be, but fans get a pass on being a little biased.

Good work, CKP
    Thanks. Which details on the Jets did I get wrong? I take it you're referring to blatant errors...not necessarily differences in opinion.
    Quote Quote