Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Obama: Mortgage takeover a bipartisan failure

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Obama: Mortgage takeover a bipartisan failure

Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama laid the blame for the government takeover of mortgage lenders Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac at the feet of Democrats and Republicans alike Monday, saying his own party was complicit in mistakes that led to the companies’ loss of more than $14 billion in the past year.

“I have to be fair on this one,” Obama, a U.S. senator from Illinois, said in an interview on MSNBC’s “Countdown With Keith Olbermann.” “Republicans and Democrats, I think, in Congress did not pay enough attention to the structural problem with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.”
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26613091
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well according to Palin, the giants have gotten too big for the tax payers..but until now, the tax payers had nothing to do with the giants.. graffe number 5.. Now I know there's 2 people on the repub team who don't know anything about economics....we're in trouble ppl...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Roanoke, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    Well according to Palin, the giants have gotten too big for the tax payers..but until now, the tax payers had nothing to do with the giants.. graffe number 5.. Now I know there's 2 people on the repub team who don't know anything about economics....we're in trouble ppl...

The biggest issue currently facing our nation is being pushed under the rug because of this absolutely silly contest about who has more experience.

Its time to talk about the issues that face this nation not about the beauty pagent.

The fact remains that no matter who gets elected they will both have exactly the same amount of experience as the president of the United States their first day in office, Zero (thank god for that, we can't take much more of Bush's experience).

But nobody wants to admit that McCain has publicly said he dosent know much at all about the economy. Scarier than that his chief economic adviser called Americans a bunch of whiners citing that the economy is just fine.
    Born to fight. Trained to kill. Ready to die, but never will.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone should read the entrie article. Obama has some articulate swerves himself, back peddles and turns right around and blames the President for Fannie/Freddie when he initially lays the blame on bipartisan politics of republicans and democrats.

Pundits though won't see this and will deflect from things he actually says. Guess I'll wait if anyone else sees these and if the deflections start, guess I'll have to come back and defend the truth...again.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Winston Churchill

All things being equal, when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I can't wait for this Frikin Election to be over. Some of the crap I have to read on a daily basis.......it gets old real fast.

DK keep up the good work. Keep 'em honest.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote