Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Obama Slams Bush's War Strategy

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Obama Slams Bush's War Strategy

Barack Obama said President Bush isn't acting quickly or forcefully enough to get more U.S. forces into Afghanistan and out of Iraq.

Mr. Bush "is tinkering around the edges and kicking the can down the road to the next president" with his decision Tuesday to bring home only 8,000 combat and support troops from Iraq by February, said Obama, who hopes to be that next president.
    Mr. Bush said a Marine battalion scheduled to be sent to Iraq in November will instead be deployed to Afghanistan, followed by an Army combat brigade early next year. In all, that would add 4,500 to 4,700 combat troops in Afghanistan.

Less than two hours later, Obama went before reporters during a campaign stop in this Midwestern battleground to respond.

"His plan comes up short - it is not enough troops, not enough resources, with not enough urgency," Obama said. "The next president will inherit a status quo that is still unstable."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4432209.shtml
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can never satisfy everyone. Geesh!

If it was 25K it would be "Why not more?"

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    You can never satisfy everyone. Geesh!

If it was 25K it would be "Why not more?"
    especially us, huh?:wink:
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Someone should really tell Mr. Obama that America won the war in Iraq. He may not look so out of touch if he knew that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Someone should really tell Mr. Obama that America won the war in Iraq. He may not look so out of touch if he knew that.
    Someone should tell Ohall it was a unnecessary war and cost us a whole lot of money and lives for what exactly? we don't know do we?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ohall View Post
    Oh yeah, what did we win? My brother was killed in Iraq. For what? Weapons of mass destruction....
    Last edited by shula_guy; 09-10-2008 at 12:41 PM. Reason: personal attack removed
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While I respect some of your opinions on here, I'm done! I don't know how many of you lost someone dearly to you. If you have, you have my sincere condolences. Some of you really don't get it and won't. For that, you've ruined this site for me and I'll never be back. How you can begin to justify is beyond me.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hot as hell, South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by milldog View Post
    While I respect some of your opinions on here, I'm done! I don't know how many of you lost someone dearly to you. If you have, you have my sincere condolences. Some of you really don't get it and won't. For that, you've ruined this site for me and I'll never be back. How you can begin to justify is beyond me.
    I've lost people close to me, plus my father suffers from PTSD from the war. You shouldn't let ignorant comments run you off. You're right some people just don't get it and they won't, it's some sort of political game to them.

I say ignore those that bother you, I'm sure they didn't know of your lose nor would they make light of it if they knew. A lot of us are quick to type little barbs without thinking of the consequences.

You have an unfortunate yet unique perspective of the war, you should share it. Don't let some foolish posts/posters run you off. It only lowers the level of the forum.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hot as hell, South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by milldog View Post
    BTW, I'm truly sorry about your lose. This war blows my mind, so do the supporters.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What did we win?

There is a democracy in one of the most vital parts of the Middle East where there was never before one. This is a part of the world that is hostile to the US and her interests. Now we have a friend for the future. History will show that the sacrifices of the lives there provided our country with with a greater sense of world security in a very hostile part of the world.

Furthermore, generations of Iraqis will now be free. They have been terrorized, murdered and raped by their government prior to us liberating them. Regardless if we entered Iraq on a false premise (and one universally agreed to by intelligence agencies of numerous countries), there is no doubt that the US has effectively changed the lives of millions of future Iraqis for the better.

While I sympathize with your loss and admire your brother's service and sacrifice, to wish death or such pain upon another individual and their family is uncontionable. It is the ultimate of hate speech and does not belong in this forum or out of this forum for that matter. You should be ashamed that you lowered yourself to say something so hateful and cruel. This site will be a better place if you stick to your comment and stay away.
    Quote Quote