Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: Post a Photo of Yourself

1. -251
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by poornate View Post
    Thanks for coming strong with the introduction... we are always happy to have new blood and new perspectives... -nate
    Thanks nate, I've read a lot of pofo topics and you seem to bring a sense of understanding to your debates as well as very interesting insight.

- Hall of Fame Safety Rod Woodson on Dan Marino playing in today's NFL:
    "...the best quarterback I believe is Dan Marino..."
    "If he played with these rules, he'd throw for 100,000 yards."

Twitter
    - https://twitter.com/ciscoholgate

Quote Quote  

2. -252
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscoholgate View Post

This is my wife in Albuquerque, NM at the Gathering of Nations Pow Wow. We are both Native American. She is a mix of Kiowa Commanche and Navajo. I myself am full Navajo. My wife and her mother beaded and made her entire outfit. They are both very skilled at what they do.

My entire family is Dolphins fans from my father to my brothers and sisters. My son is also a Dolphin fan and so will my future kids as well.

Just thought I'd give you guys a little more info about me since I am going to try and post in the Pofo more often.
    Great blood line man. I'm at least 50% Maleku. A native american tribe in central america.

http://www.maleku.com/

My dad's side of the family is 100% Maleku. And my mom's side is 100% from Spain. Basically we're the by-product of horny conquistadors and native americans. My wife and kids attend Pow Wow's a least a few times a year. I love the native american culture and do my best to teach my kids where they come from.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

3. -253
    Winning is a Habit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dolphin1972 Dolphins LogoJurassic WorldCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Great blood line man. I'm at least 50% Maleku. A native american tribe in central america.

My dad's side of the family is 100% Maleku. And my mom's side is 100% from Spain. Basically we're the by-product of horny conquistadors and native americans. My wife and kids attend Pow Wow's a least a few times a year. I love the native american culture and do my best to teach my kids where they come from.
    Hey, that's great man. I will try to teach my son about his culture and language. On my dads side we grew up very traditional, but they are also cowboys. I grew up herding sheep, riding horses, raising cattle, and even competed in rodeos. For the Navajo, rodeo and the western lifestyle is a big thing. I was never into pow wows too much until I met the wife. A lot of her family is from Oklahoma so she grew up differently than I did.

That's cool man, thanks for sharing that info.
    Quote Quote  

4. -254
    We may die, but our actions are immortal

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northern virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post

I was trying so hard to reconcile Carlos with your picture and garnered information.. I thought you may have been part Hispanic, or something... Maleku? That's fascinating... I read a lot of the language survival stuff... I took Native American history courses that focused on anthropological issues... there is a survivor network that helps preserve unique cultural languages... i will have to look Maleku up next time I am on it and see if it has been recorded...
    "We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."
    Quote Quote  

5. -255
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by poornate View Post
    I was trying so hard to reconcile Carlos with your picture and garnered information.. I thought you may have been part Hispanic, or something... Maleku? That's fascinating... I read a lot of the language survival stuff... I took Native American history courses that focused on anthropological issues... there is a survivor network that helps preserve unique cultural languages... i will have to look Maleku up next time I am on it and see if it has been recorded...
    It's an old language that very few people speak. I believe there's only around 1000 Maleku that speak it that still live in the jungle. My grandfather spoke it. But sad to say my parents and my generation use spanish and english mostly.
    Quote Quote  

6. -256
    We may die, but our actions are immortal

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    northern virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks... I like heritage and culture. When I teach my classes about Carthage they want to hear about Hannibal crossing the Alps and war elephants, and such... and i tell them... but i concentrate on Rome burning Carthage and salting the earth... I want them to realize why we don't know as much about Carthage as we do about Rome.. that all human culture and experience is a slim volume in a great library... and that to not learn about other different peoples and work to preserve unique cultures is to pull volumes out of that library that can never be replaced... salting the earth... removing from the storehouse things that memory may not carry to future generations... I'm sure this sounds cheesy and the fact that i am dashing it off probably doesn't help... but i'm sure you get the drift... thanks..
    Quote Quote  

7. -257
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This is Chloe and me. Chloe was born last Wednesday, she's a week old! I was wearing my lucky Dolphins shirt during her birth.

Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

8. -258
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    This is Chloe and me. Chloe was born last Wednesday, she's a week old! I was wearing my lucky Dolphins shirt during her birth.

Congrats man!

Quote Quote  

9. -259
    Dolphin Diva

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post

You are a lucky guy! Beautiful wife and a beautiful, perfect little girl! Congratulations!
    "Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
    Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.

Douglas C. Branham, C.L.S., C.M.R.P.
    Quote Quote  

10. -260
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No one has posted here in years, but I wanted to share my turn to baldness.

Quote Quote