Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Dem: Palin "Cliff-Noted" Her ABC Interview

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Dem: Palin "Cliff-Noted" Her ABC Interview

When asked to characterize Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's qualifications to be the Republican vice presidential nominee, Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, D-Fla., stated flatly that Palin isnít ready to be vice president.

"She doesn't know anything," Wasserman Schultz said on CBS' Face The Nation, responding to a charge by a fellow guest, former Mass. Gov. Jane Swift, that Palin has been forced to undergo scrutiny in the media that some would characterize as sexist.

"There shouldn't be a double standard," Swift said. "We shouldn't ask of her questions about her ability to do the job that we wouldn't ask a guy in a similar circumstance.

"But I think that we also have to acknowledge that, because we've had so few women running for these high-level offices, although this is a great year on that front, that we're also not attuned to hearing women's voices and to seeing them in these positions.

"So it may be that we have to be most attuned to not having a double standard, to not asking any female candidate of either party to clear a bar that we wouldn't ask a male candidate in the same situation to clear."
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4448077.shtml
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Roanoke, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was painfully obvious that Palin had no clue during that interview.

No doubt republicans will defend her despite the reality. Republicans are more interested in carrying the party line no matter what and never making concessions.
    Born to fight. Trained to kill. Ready to die, but never will.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr772 View Post
    It was painfully obvious that Palin had no clue during that interview.

No doubt republicans will defend her despite the reality. Republicans are more interested in carrying the party line no matter what and never making concessions.
    I'd like to point your attention to the thread that shows the actual transcript of the interview, and how ABC edited it to their hearts content.

That probably would interest you right? Being a dem, you have to be interested in the truth, right?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan3411 View Post
    I'd like to point your attention to the thread that shows the actual transcript of the interview, and how ABC edited it to their hearts content.

That probably would interest you right? Being a dem, you have to be interested in the truth, right?
    P3411, I again say the mcCain camp has said nothing about this, again only right wing media has reported this.. so I'd slow your row until this is verified.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Dolphin Diva

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    "Well, she's been asked what she knows," Wasserman Schultz said. "She's been asked to demonstrate her foreign policy knowledge, which she clearly has very little, based on the Charlie Gibson interview. I mean, she didn't know what the Bush doctrine was. She really had almost no grasp of America's foreign policy. She really knew very little about domestic policy.

"Quite honestly, the interview that I saw and that Americans saw on Thursday and Friday were similar to when I didn't read a book in high school and had to read the Cliff Notes and phone in my report. She's 'Cliff-Noted' her performance so far. And all of that is fair game. The American people deserve better than that."
    that is the exact quote from the linked article in this thread..........the title of which is a bit decieving......it's this woman's opinon that Governor Palin did this, when you first read the title of this article one might might assume that Governor Palin did indeed make cliff notes............or is it just me??????????????
    "Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
    Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.

Douglas C. Branham, C.L.S., C.M.R.P.
    Quote Quote