Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Dolphins future

  1. -1
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    3
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Dolphins future

    Hola Fin Fans, Fin fan here from NY. I'm in the military down in S. Fla so I finally got to see my team play at home.(I've been to alot of Jet/Dolphin games at the toxic swamp they call the Meadow Lands AKA GIANTS Stadium when Marino owned them, I was also at that dreaded Mid-Night Miracle...Sucked balls) I was stoked to see them play at home, but I was disapointed when we lost a close one to the Just End The Season's, but I left the game feeling good because we played them hard and I told myself this year is the year we start to turn things around. After watching the game last week when the Cardinals just straight up and down spanked the Fins i'm not too sure. Basically I would just like to hear all of your oppinions on what you think about the future of this team, i'm possitive about it but g-d I just want SOMETHING to cheer about already it's been a while. We looked awful last week, and it kills me to see the team like this because this was a once great, respected, and feared franchise. Now we have ESPN reporters laughing at us, it ticks me off. Well just would like to hear your oppinions, and I personally think we can take it to the Pats (I hope)...But have a good weekend and lets go Fins!

    P/S I HATE the Jets with the utmost bloodiest passion, and if your asking yourself i'm a Dolphin fan because my pops grew up in FL a HUGE Fins fan so it grew on me.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Dr. Phin's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    6,991
    vCash:
    10135
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Everyone needs to suck it up!!! For this year anyway....the new management did a lot in the offseason, but I think they relied on many of the veterans to be better than they actually are. Once we got to training camp, it was too late to do anything about them...so, not we are probably not as good as they hoped for this year. In any case, next year they will know EXACTLY what they have, and you can expect the dead wood to be gone...

    I expect next year to be competative...able to win against anyone we face, but not dominant. Might even be in playoff race up to the last few weeks. The year after that, I expect playoffs. Period. Anything less will be unacceptable and Bill and Co. can pack their bags if not..

    Until then, look at the players that will be the future...Langford, Merling, Long, Henne, Starks, Fasano, Bess, and Bell...those will be our standouts. There are others who will make the core, but will probably just be average players...but every team needs those also...Satele, Smiley, Roth, Ayodele, Torbor, W. Allen....

    And yes, I leave out Crowder and Porter...they aren't in the future...
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Gonzo's Avatar
    Administrator

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    20,839
    vCash:
    20563
    Loc:
    Brooklyn
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hydra logo
Gift received at 05-21-2014, 12:20 PM from DisturbedShifty1972 Dolphins Logo
    Welcome to the board NYDiehard!





    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    another MD finfan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,399
    vCash:
    1303
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Phin View Post

    Until then, look at the players that will be the future...Langford, Merling, Long, Henne, Starks, Fasano, Bess, and Bell...those will be our standouts. There are others who will make the core, but will probably just be average players...but every team needs those also...Satele, Smiley, Roth, Ayodele, Torbor, W. Allen....

    And yes, I leave out Crowder and Porter...they aren't in the future...
    I think Roth, Satele, and W.Allen can and will be better than just average. I also see as Crowder staying with us.
    Ricky and Ronnie. Best tandem in the league!
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    another MD finfan

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    2,399
    vCash:
    1303
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    Welcome to the board NYDiehard!
    I love the quote in your sig!
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    BARF's Avatar
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    4,859
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    305
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i am glad to see roth doing good he just needed to be coached unlike scam cam who wasn't doing nothin. i have been saying it since he came in the league he needs to be an lb his arms are too short to play dline
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    BARF's Avatar
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    4,859
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    305
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NYDieHardFinFan View Post
    Hola Fin Fans, Fin fan here from NY. I'm in the military down in S. Fla so I finally got to see my team play at home.(I've been to alot of Jet/Dolphin games at the toxic swamp they call the Meadow Lands AKA GIANTS Stadium when Marino owned them, I was also at that dreaded Mid-Night Miracle...Sucked balls) I was stoked to see them play at home, but I was disapointed when we lost a close one to the Just End The Season's, but I left the game feeling good because we played them hard and I told myself this year is the year we start to turn things around. After watching the game last week when the Cardinals just straight up and down spanked the Fins i'm not too sure. Basically I would just like to hear all of your oppinions on what you think about the future of this team, i'm possitive about it but g-d I just want SOMETHING to cheer about already it's been a while. We looked awful last week, and it kills me to see the team like this because this was a once great, respected, and feared franchise. Now we have ESPN reporters laughing at us, it ticks me off. Well just would like to hear your oppinions, and I personally think we can take it to the Pats (I hope)...But have a good weekend and lets go Fins!

    P/S I HATE the Jets with the utmost bloodiest passion, and if your asking yourself i'm a Dolphin fan because my pops grew up in FL a HUGE Fins fan so it grew on me.
    welcome to the board thank god you are with us and you HATE the jets, because you are either with us or against us
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Rookie

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2008
    Posts:
    3
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ztfan54 View Post
    welcome to the board thank god you are with us and you HATE the jets, because you are either with us or against us
    Oh man, i've hated the Jets since I understood the english language. I remember watching the Dolphins on MNF when Dan the Man was kickin' a** and takin names and my dad was going nuts. Plus the Jets and Giants play in Jersey, their not a NY team in my eyes lol.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    ChambersWI's Avatar
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2004
    Posts:
    12,502
    vCash:
    9266
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    to answer your question on the future of the team. I think we're in good shape because everybody, from the FO of Tuna and Ireland to the entire coaching staff, are of a like mind. They all agree on what type of players they want, and what system they want to run (if you remember, the main reason we got so many of Dallas's assistance was because they did not have the same philosophy on the 3-4 as Phillips did).

    My only question is about the OC. I'm fine with Hennig for the time being, but he was more or less Sparano and TUna going for a guy they knew after their first/only choice was blocked (Pete Charmichael QB coach for New Orleans). My question is if Hennig decides he wants to go back into retirement, do we hire from outside, or take a chance with one of our 3 position coaches (Karl Dorrell,James Saxon, or David Lee)
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    Dr. Phin's Avatar
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2008
    Posts:
    6,991
    vCash:
    10135
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gofins View Post
    I think Roth, Satele, and W.Allen can and will be better than just average. I also see as Crowder staying with us.
    I was borderline on W. Allen...I think he is a great cover corner, but I would like to see more picks to be a real top-tier corner...but as I said...I think he is really solid and has a great future with this team...

    Roth the jury is still out on...

    I have seen Satele getting bull-rushed alot and miss a few assignments...I am hoping that it is just a temporary thing...
    "May the acorns rest in peace..."
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Future of dolphins
    By lkconch in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 11:55 AM
  2. Ten FA's That Fit The Dolphins Future
    By Elliott 1 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-25-2011, 01:44 AM
  3. Future of the Dolphins
    By ocdfinsfan in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 04:26 PM
  4. future of the dolphins
    By Alien in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-30-2005, 11:00 AM
  5. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 06:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •