Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: think what is our defense missing (INTs)

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

think what is our defense missing (INTs)

one guy will change this, Alphonso Smith, he is a real playmaker. an INT machine, a bit undersized but he is a great corner
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Dirty Dirty
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nope. Patrick Robinson from Florida State. Best Corner in college Football that no one knows about. This is exactly who I want for our team and I really hope he declares from FSU after the season. And this is coming from a HUGE Canes fan!

PR is from Miami, went to Gulliver Prep (the school Sean Taylor (R.I.P.) attended) and had 6 picks while only starting 5 out of 12 games last year. He's 5'11, 182 lbs and ran a 4.25 40 in the spring for FSU. Cromartie-type play-making ability and lockdown potential on the boundary.

Let's get him!

Dream Phins Draft (As of 5/6):
    1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Ju'Waun James 4. De'Anthony Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Brandon Linder 7. Nevin Lawson
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the one thing we're learning so far this season is that CB and Safety is becoming top priorities... our WRs are looking better and better, we still need another rookie there, our OLBs are playing very good, we'll need to add depth obviously, but in the defensive backfield, there's nothing special. We have a tackling machine (Bell) and a good corner (allen), that's it. I'm definitely starting to change my mind (i wanted crabtree)

SIG BET VICTIM
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nick and Bow your both wrong. Vontae Davis is who we need :wink:
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Dirty Dirty
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    Nick and Bow your both wrong. Vontae Davis is who we need :wink:
    I'll pass. Especially considering we would need to take him in the first. P-Rob could be had in the 2nd and I want a pass rusher in the first, BAD!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBow305 View Post
    I'll pass. Especially considering we would need to take him in the first. P-Rob could be had in the 2nd and I want a pass rusher in the first, BAD!
    P-Rob is an excellent prospect, unfortunately, no way do I see him making it to our 2nd round pick. As for OLB, I'm liking what Roth has brought to the table as well as Porter, unfortunately, Porter is gettign up there in age so we do have to look at some options in the draft for OLB. Same can be said for NT with Fergy gettin old, and I'm not sold on Solai. However I'm really hoping for a MLB in the 1st. Crowder is good, and Akin is good too, but Akin is getting old. We really need a Playmaker at MLB, Crowder is solid, but not a playmaker. I liked what I seen out of both Moses and Torbor so we will have to wait and see.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chandler, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This secondary lacks ballhawks. Will Allen is a nice cover corner, but most great defenses have guys that can not only cover, but snatch that ball away for an INT. Definately need to grab a CB or two in this 2009 Draft.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Pacolypse View Post
    This secondary lacks ballhawks. Will Allen is a nice cover corner, but most great defenses have guys that can not only cover, but snatch that ball away for an INT. Definately need to grab a CB or two in this 2009 Draft.
    Yup, would prefer Asomugha and CB in the draft though
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Dirty Dirty
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    P-Rob is an excellent prospect, unfortunately, no way do I see him making it to our 2nd round pick. As for OLB, I'm liking what Roth has brought to the table as well as Porter, unfortunately, Porter is gettign up there in age so we do have to look at some options in the draft for OLB. Same can be said for NT with Fergy gettin old, and I'm not sold on Solai. However I'm really hoping for a MLB in the 1st. Crowder is good, and Akin is good too, but Akin is getting old. We really need a Playmaker at MLB, Crowder is solid, but not a playmaker. I liked what I seen out of both Moses and Torbor so we will have to wait and see.
    I didn't know they (Moses and Torbor) showed anything? Did I miss something?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBow305 View Post
    I didn't know they (Moses and Torbor) showed anything? Did I miss something?
    Going by pre-season only. It might only be pre-season, but they showed that they do have some talent. To be honest, I was kind of hoping for Torbor to be starting, but then we got Ayodele, so I really didn't mind, but Torbor looked solid during preseason and while with the Giants.
    Quote Quote