Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: If Jason Allen develops as the CB opposite Will Allen...

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

If Jason Allen develops as the CB opposite Will Allen...

Do we go NT in the first round? Or do we go FS to replace Hill?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Football On My Mind 24 Hrs Per Day

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jason Allen is not proven yet. he may end up staying as a corner, but I really think the Dolphins need to find a shut-down corner in the 1st round of the draft.

Then, I would address WR and Safety positions. I really think you can find good values of WR and safety in the later rounds. But, great corners are hard to find.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Free safety for sure, I think we have enough depth at NT to develop one of them into a decent player
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    grrrrr

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, its to early to talk about the draft next year, but I think we need to go WR in the first round, then secondary and d-line in the second, regardless of J-Allens play
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pensacola, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm starting to wonder if we really need a receiver first round .. really we're putting up 20-30 points a game, but our secondary hasn't been able to contain teams in the passing games
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Remember21SRM View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if we really need a receiver first round .. really we're putting up 20-30 points a game, but our secondary hasn't been able to contain teams in the passing games
    the other thign is also that penny has also been slowing down the WR. so if with henne they perform well we might not be as desperate for starting WR as we think. I think we need 1 starter opposite Ginn and a coupel for depth but thast about it.

miami WILL NOT go WR or CB round 1. We will go for either Cody if he manages to get into 1st round OR we will go LBer which is what i think will happen. Besides porter we have zero pass rushers and no speed in that core/playmakers. a MLB and a OLB will be achieved this year as new Backs for next year.

a guy likr curry, or orakpo or maluaga for this pass rush would be very nice. thats the way they go i bet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    DenverCheesesteak

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Denver
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Since we have two 2nd round picks I would go with a FS/ILB in the first round, then a CB and FS/ILB in round two. But I really do believe Jason Allen will continue to do well. Nnamdi Asomugha 2.0!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I say get laverneous Coles down here with Penny and take one away from the rival in the process. Then draft the best player on the board minus QB/RB. Its as simple as that when it comes to the first round. Never draft according to position unless you know they can contribute bigtime right away and for a long time.

Ginn showed us today he has arrived or at least proven he can hang with the big boys. Penny just discovering him? I read somewhere that said he was wide open alot last week but missed.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Do we go NT in the first round? Or do we go FS to replace Hill?

Today it was Goodman who played a great game. JA was a nickle package CB. I think this D could be real good if we just stay with alot of these nickle packages. I notice we play better defense that way even though a team may run on us at times.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ravens game is a great example of why we need to go WR still. Run was completely shut down, and it was up to the passing game to make it happen. They simply weren't getting open. Even if Ginn ends up developing into a legit #1, we would still need another good WR opposite him. As it stands, Camarillo would be best suited in the slot, in a Wes Welker type role......

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote