Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours

1. -1
    Restore the greatness!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Syracuse, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Ted Ginn's "Crow Buffet" - open 24 hours

Today's performance from Ted Ginn was outstanding. He showed playmaking ability, toughness and determination today, and I am impressed. I have criticized Ginn for not progressing enough. He showed some big signs today that he is improving. I'm not buying the "McGee was hurt and that's why he gained 175 yards". Looking forward to seeing more days where Ted changes the game...(reaches for the tabasco sauce and bleu cheese)...I'm ready to eat my crow now!

Ricky Williams: the greatest back in Miami Dolphins history

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Sec. 107 Row 2

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've been ragging on Ginn quite a bit lately, Teddy, nothing makes me happier than to see you come out with a HUGE game for us against the Bills.

You went out and fought for the ball, made plays with your feet, and played with your heart.

Thank you, keep up the good work
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a Ginn supporter, going into the season, I'm still not ready to declare him vindicated. I did love how he listened to his dad and showed no fear taking hits, broke a long (at least for CP) one to stretch the field and his being one of the most productive WRs in the league yesterday.

Always thought he was a reach at 9 (but not as much of a reach as Quinn) and to this day wish we had Willis instead, BUT BUT BUT, have also always maintained that his sure hands and speed make him a special offensive and ST weapon and that those ready to trade him for a few trinkets of gold -just because he was overdrafted were shortsighted mushroom smokers. Whether we overpaid or not, we do have him and should keep him, short of a blockbuster offer.

A few performances like yesterday though, would confirm we definitely have a dynamic #2 receiver to go with the Andre/Calvin Johnson type #1 we sign or draft and #3 Camarillo.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    no need for anyone to eat crow. Ted Ginn had a great game minus the fumble. One great game does not overturn the rest of the mediocre games. I think the only thing that can be laid to rest is the notion that Chad is a detriment to Ginn. I will definately be happy to see more games klike this from Ginn.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm with Dlokz on this one. I'll never eat a bit of crow on Ginn, ever. Of course, I've never called him a bust, either. I saw lots of positives that I was waiting to see this past game. I do think there is a pretty signifigant ammount of Ginn player fans that need to munch on a bit of tastey Pennington crow, though.

That said this whole "Crow" thing to me is silly. Why can't everyone just be happy about DOlphin players doing well without "Calling out" people and suchlike? I pleased as punch at Ted Ginn, and, I'm HOPEING that the #9 overall pick is going to develop like he should. If he does, as Vaark said, it looks like we've got a solid #2.

Thanks Shifty!

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    USD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    I'm with Dlokz on this one. I'll never eat a bit of crow on Ginn, ever. Of course, I've never called him a bust, either. I saw lots of positives that I was waiting to see this past game. I do think there is a pretty signifigant ammount of Ginn player fans that need to munch on a bit of tastey Pennington crow, though.

That said this whole "Crow" thing to me is silly. Why can't everyone just be happy about DOlphin players doing well without "Calling out" people and suchlike? I pleased as punch at Ted Ginn, and, I'm HOPEING that the #9 overall pick is going to develop like he should. If he does, as Vaark said, it looks like we've got a solid #2.
    I think it is appropriate for many on this (and those people know who they are) to at least admit that they were causing a lot of BS on this site and those who have lowered the substance of the threads but not giving a player time to develop without calling out players with labels or suggesting that a second year player is terrible or what have you.

With that said, I am not declaring that Ginn is there, yet. I think it is apparent that he is improving/developing after re watching watching this game, as Coach Sparano and others on this site have been suggesting. Just goes to show no one seems to listen when history has proved time and time again, that it takes time for MOST players to develop and with regards to the WR position it takes years.

I think it is appropriate to say that many posters need to stop jumping the gun and causing a lot more grief then what is necessary. I understand expressing an opinion, but not when its not rational or well thought out. Its frustrating to see the garbage posts and threads that support an opinion about a player that is clearly expressed out of frustration and impatience.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Belair
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Way to go teddy.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I for one have never called Ginn a bust but i do think too often when a player has one good game then people come out of the woodwork to say okay he is now there and i told you so. One great game out of 7 does not make a great player.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    InRegioneCaecorum RexEstLusces

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Zombieland (lookn4 Myles)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dlockz View Post
    no need for anyone to eat crow. Ted Ginn had a great game minus the fumble. One great game does not overturn the rest of the mediocre games. I think the only thing that can be laid to rest is the notion that Chad is a detriment to Ginn. I will definately be happy to see more games klike this from Ginn.
    the 2nd fallacy to be laid to rest is that he's afraid to go up or across in a crowd to take a hit.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Sec. 107 Row 2

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Myers
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Guess I should jump on the "I never called him a bust bandwagon" as well. I always have and always will continue to root for him to play well. No, I wasnt happy we picked him at 9, but hell its not like he had any control over where he was picked in the draft, he's a Dolphin now and thats all that matters.

I have been disgruntled due to his lack of production, but never said he was a bust (heck its only his second season.)

Lets hope this is just a step into his development as a WR
    Quote Quote