Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 279 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 76ers Thread

1. -11
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Myer
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't comment on the game... at work but the game was tivo'ed for my viewing pleasures tomorrow. For now this'll have to do...

76ers 83, Heat 106

Lip Balm?

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by d-day View Post
    Can't comment on the game... at work but the game was tivo'ed for my viewing pleasures tomorrow. For now this'll have to do...

76ers 83, Heat 106

I've never seen such ball insecurity ever. But judging by the way this season has gone, we will blow out the Magic tomorrow night, we're as inconsistent as well, umm, my beloved Dolphins Iguodala has been missing all year long. And I think it is now safe to say, Thaddeous Young is the best player on the team. Only his 2nd year and he's already a beast. And he had developed one hell of a jumper during the offseason. Iguodala could be gone if he keeps up his crazy, horrible, careless play any longer. We would be alot better with Lou Williams out there. Then we could spread it out a bit with Lou and Young both having a nice jumper. Miller is just not starting material anymore, I've never seen a point guard with as bad a jumper as Miller.

I do think we will get our act together eventually though, and will make the playoffs. I cannot believe I was buying into the hype of Philly being the 3rd best team in the East behind Boston and Cleveland. Top 8 no doubt we have the talent, but too inconsistent for top 3.
    Last edited by Clipse; 11-06-2008 at 04:58 AM.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Andre Miller had another horrific game last night, i really don't know what is going on with him. I never really considered him to be such a scoring threat, and why he's taking 24 shots a game like last night is completely beyond me. But he's just not playing well in any aspect, he's turning the ball over (so is the rest of the team) and it's pretty clear the Sixers march to the beat of their PG. He's going to have to get right for this team to be a contender.

And he will.....
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

"Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain16 View Post
    Andre Miller had another horrific game last night, i really don't know what is going on with him. I never really considered him to be such a scoring threat, and why he's taking 24 shots a game like last night is completely beyond me. But he's just not playing well in any aspect, he's turning the ball over (so is the rest of the team) and it's pretty clear the Sixers march to the beat of their PG. He's going to have to get right for this team to be a contender.

And he will.....
    I sure hope so. Alot of his shots are because of 1 thing. As soon as Brand gets the ball, they pull their PG to double team him, so then Brand dishes it out to Miller for the wide open jumper, which he cannot hit at all. He's a very good passer and drives to the basket very well, but his jumper is nothing to write home about. Sweet Lou can hit those open jumpers all day though . I don't know, I kind of find it a coincidence that when Miller is in the game, we do badly, but as soon as he is replaced, we start to pick it up. And I noticed another thing from last night's game, we play outstanding with a small lineup. We were doing very good last night with 1 big in, and then Lou, Iggy, Rush, and Young on the floor. I liked what I seen out of Royal Ivey as well, very good defender.
    Last edited by Clipse; 11-07-2008 at 08:25 PM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks like this team is finally coming together. Brand is still a beast. I was a little worried when we 1st got him, I was hoping it wouldn't turn into the Chris Webber nightmare, thank god it hasn't. Dalembert is owning the post. Thaddeus Young is a beast. He is just too good. Looks to be taking over Iggy's spot as the star on this team and becoming my favorite player. Iguodala has finally shown up. 3 double-doubles in the last 4 games. Andre Miller has finally started hitting those mid range jumpers. Willie Green will be in contention for the 6th man award this year. This guy is a stud off the bench. God I'm so happy to see Philly start playing like the team I thought they would be.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We fired Mo Cheeks today, thank god.

50 wins here we come!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    A GM constructs a fatally flawed team.....the team doesn't win. Who's to blame? The coach of course.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Seriously now

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    A GM constructs a fatally flawed team.....the team doesn't win. Who's to blame? The coach of course.
    Yeah, Mo was the scapegoat, but something clearly had to be done and therefore I don't disagree with the move. Now Stefanski has no excuses. He brought Brand in and blew off the OBVIOUS NEED FOR A SHOOTER. This guy has put together a team where nobody can shoot the ball from the outside.

This isn't the only move the Sixers need to make if they want to contend this year. Maybe they could trade some of their young talent for a shooter like Redd.

As for Brand, the guy simply isn't healthy and the move looks terrible, ala Grant Hill and Orlando. Brand isn't himself physically and now he is losing confidence.

All us Sixer fans are disappointed and to me this year is basically done. We may eke into the playoffs, but then we'll get waxed. Hopefully next year Brand will be healthy and we'll have a guy who can actually shoot the ball from twenty feet out.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sad to see Cheeks go but it needed to happen. Too much talent on this team to be playing this poorly. But as stated above, Sixers will not contend until somebody can hit some jump shots. Brand has been playing pretty good for the chances he's gotten. Kind of hard to do too much when Brand gets double teamed everytime he touches the ball due the inability to shoot the ball. I've said it before, I'll say it again, Lou Williams needs to start over Miller. Iggy needs to stay, and hopefully work on that jumper real hard in the offseason, if not, trade him for a dangerous shooter. Thad Young is the best player on the team imo. Speights is a beast and needs more Playing Time. Dalembert needs to be dealt somewhere else. I actually think theres still a little hope for this team this season. If not, well then at least we know what our problem is, we can't shoot the ball for **** outside of 10 feet.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wow. Not a bad debut for the new coach. Brand drops 27 points. Dalembert with 17 rebounds. Miller dishes 12 assists. Hopefully we can play complete games like this consistently. Not to mention Dalembert and Tony DiLeo have a very good relationship. I'm glad to hear this because Sammy has the potential to be one of the best Centers in the NBA and he's certainly one of my favorite players on the team.
    Quote Quote