Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 279 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 76ers Thread

1. -41
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    sure its great to win three in a row, but lets look at who they beat..the wizards twice and the bucks..beat boston twice and the cavs, then we will start talking how great Dileo is...i still say get in the lottery, there will be some good players in this years draft...they would be wise to lose some more games
    3 in a row is impressive no matter who the Sixers beat, considering they can't shoot the ball at all. As for playing to get in the lottery, although that might be in our best interest, I will never want to that. Playing to lose is a joke in any sport imo.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    3 in a row is impressive no matter who the Sixers beat, considering they can't shoot the ball at all. As for playing to get in the lottery, although that might be in our best interest, I will never want to that. Playing to lose is a joke in any sport imo.
    who said athing about playing to lose, just keep up what they r doing when they play good talent and lose.. lol that simple...

Quote Quote  

3. -43
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did I mention Lou Williams is a beast . Add Speights and Thad Young to that list. Congrats to Andre Miller on his Triple Double. A true PG, going to miss him being he won't be on this team next year Thank god the young talent on this team is amazing.
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Did I mention Lou Williams is a beast . Add Speights and Thad Young to that list. Congrats to Andre Miller on his Triple Double. A true PG, going to miss him being he won't be on this team next year Thank god the young talent on this team is amazing.

i love the 3 u mentioned..those r the future...speights looks to be like a good player...this injury to brand is a blessing in disguise...we need to add a true shooting guard in the draft...sam isnt going anywherre so lets face facts.....shooting is number 1 option...number two would be a center who isnt afraid to rebound eveyr night...sam plays hard but dissapears from night to night...young to me is more suited as a 3...that is why iggy signing didnt make sense...i love him but young cant play the 3, who knows what lays ahead
    Quote Quote  

5. -45
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i love the 3 u mentioned..those r the future...speights looks to be like a good player...this injury to brand is a blessing in disguise...we need to add a true shooting guard in the draft...sam isnt going anywherre so lets face facts.....shooting is number 1 option...number two would be a center who isnt afraid to rebound eveyr night...sam plays hard but dissapears from night to night...young to me is more suited as a 3...that is why iggy signing didnt make sense...i love him but young cant play the 3, who knows what lays ahead
    Agreed. Lou will be starting at PG next year. I would love to have Andre Miller back though. He would be great coming off the bench or for small lineups with him at PG and Lou at SG. Miller is one of my favorite players on the team, he just always brings his all, and is a true PG. Thaddeous Young I don't see starting unless we deal Iggy, which is unlikely. However, I don't mind that at all. Ever since Thad was put on the bench, we have started playing alot better. While Thad was starting, our starters would always work up a nice lead, then the bench would come in and let the opponent right back in the game. But since DiLeo has taken over, our bench has played outstanding ball. What does every great team have? A great bench. Thad could be our Role Player, just like Posey was last year for the Celtics. He could come in at SF and play PF in our small lineups. Speights is just a monster. Dalembert's job is in jeapordy if Speights keeps up the great work. Dalembert is definately trade bait. People seem to be forgetting that theirs another big man on this team with tons of potential, Jason Smith. 7 footer with an all around game. Can rebound, block shots, and hit the mid range jumper. Coaching staff really likes this kid. Looked pretty good in Summer League too. Can't wait for him to recover from his injury so he can get some Playing Time. Last but not least, Royal Ivey I believe is being groomed to be the back up PG judging by the Playing Time he has been getting. He could use some work on his shooting, but this kid plays some great defense.

We have alot of young talent on this team, which is always a great thing. I'm pretty sure some trades involving a true Shooting Guard are being discussed. And it's already a guarantee we look for shooters in Free Agency and a SG in the draft. Future looks bright though.
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was just looking at a list of 2009 Free Agents to see who I'd like to see on this team :
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-09-10

Ben Gordon would be an amazing acquisition. I do think the Bulls resign him though. Bulls have Heinrich and Sefolosha stashed on their bench as well, wouldn't mind giving the Bulls an offer for either one.

Wally Szczerbiak is set to be a free agent. Another one I wouldn't mind.

Gerald Green of the Mavs, he can shoot fairly well, not to mention would work great in our up tempo offense.

Marquis Daniels of the Pacers could be available, as could be Damon Jones from the Bucks.

Rodney Carney is a FA Sorry, I was a big Carney fan when he was here

Keith Bogans and Anthony Parker could both be available. 2 very good shooters right there.

Last but not least... Kyle Korver :wink:

I'd still prefer somekind of trade for Michael Redd. I will gladly take Villanueva and his contract off their hands as well. He has had some very good games this year, and I would love to have him coming off the bench.

Just imagine this lineup.

Starters:
    PG - Lou Williams
    SG - Michael Redd
    SF - Andre Iguodala
    PF - Elton Brand
    C - Mareese Speights

Bench:
    PG - Royal Ivey/FA/Rookie
    SG - Willie Green/Rookie
    SF - Thaddeous Young
    PF - Charlie Villanueva
    C - Jason Smith
    Give or take a few players via Draft, Free Agency, Trade. I would love that lineup.
    Last edited by Clipse; 12-21-2008 at 11:47 PM.
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I was just looking at a list of 2009 Free Agents to see who I'd like to see on this team :
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-09-10

Ben Gordon would be an amazing acquisition. I do think the Bulls resign him though. Bulls have Heinrich and Sefolosha stashed on their bench as well, wouldn't mind giving the Bulls an offer for either one.

Wally Szczerbiak is set to be a free agent. Another one I wouldn't mind.

Gerald Green of the Mavs, he can shoot fairly well, not to mention would work great in our up tempo offense.

Marquis Daniels of the Pacers could be available, as could be Damon Jones from the Bucks.

Rodney Carney is a FA Sorry, I was a big Carney fan when he was here

Keith Bogans and Anthony Parker could both be available. 2 very good shooters right there.

Last but not least... Kyle Korver :wink:

I'd still prefer somekind of trade for Michael Redd. I will gladly take Villanueva and his contract off their hands as well. He has had some very good games this year, and I would love to have him coming off the bench.

Just imagine this lineup.

Starters:
    PG - Lou Williams
    SG - Michael Redd
    SF - Andre Iguodala
    PF - Elton Brand
    C - Mareese Speights

Bench:
    PG - Royal Ivey/FA/Rookie
    SG - Willie Green/Rookie
    SF - Thaddeous Young
    PF - Charlie Villanueva
    C - Jason Smith
    Give or take a few players via Draft, Free Agency, Trade. I would love that lineup.

gordon was 1 of my all time favorites at uconn, he is a game changer...i doubt the bulls let him walk..he is usually good for anywhere from 15-22 a night..he can point and the shooting guard spot...as far as wally world, green and every 1 else goes, no thanks..this team spent a lot of money on useless guys during the free agent period and looks where it has gotten us..ivey is a bumb and im not sure why rush doesnt play more...daniels i like but who knows...carney..yikes thought thatw as another terrible pick by king....parker was drafted by us and never given the chance to play, he is a good outside shooter...korver i cant see coming back...i wonder how much $ they will have come the off-season.
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    gordon was 1 of my all time favorites at uconn, he is a game changer...i doubt the bulls let him walk..he is usually good for anywhere from 15-22 a night..he can point and the shooting guard spot...as far as wally world, green and every 1 else goes, no thanks..this team spent a lot of money on useless guys during the free agent period and looks where it has gotten us..ivey is a bumb and im not sure why rush doesnt play more...daniels i like but who knows...carney..yikes thought thatw as another terrible pick by king....parker was drafted by us and never given the chance to play, he is a good outside shooter...korver i cant see coming back...i wonder how much $ they will have come the off-season.
    Possibly 15 million or so. Andre Miller and his big contract will be gone. Add to that, Theo Ratliff, Donyell Marshall, doubt re resign any of them. Miller maybe, if he's willing to come in as Lou's backup, and for alot cheaper of course. Kareem Rush and Royal Ivey are both Free Agents. Not sure if they'll be resigned or not.

Gordon will get resigned I'm sure, but if he somehow hits Free Agency, there is no way how you can't throw a nice contract at him. Daniels and Parker are my next 2 favorites. I would give anything to have Korver back. Could he come back? You never know. I'd take Wally in a heartbeat as well, if the price is right. Gerald Green will get resigned. Was kidding about Carney though, he's like a poor man's Thad Young, would still take him back though for cheap :beer1:
    Last edited by Clipse; 12-22-2008 at 06:14 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Possibly 15 million or so. Andre Miller and his big contract will be gone. Add to that, Theo Ratliff, Donyell Marshall, doubt re resign any of them. Miller maybe, if he's willing to come in as Lou's backup, and for alot cheaper of course. Kareem Rush and Royal Ivey are both Free Agents. Not sure if they'll be resigned or not.

Gordon will get resigned I'm sure, but if he somehow hits Free Agency, there is no way how you can't throw a nice contract at him. Daniels and Parker are my next 2 favorites. I would give anything to have Korver back. Could he come back? You never know. I'd take Wally in a heartbeat as well, if the price is right. Gerald Green will get resigned. Was kidding about Carney though, he's like a poor man's Thad Young, would still take him back though for cheap :beer1:
    I could see them trading Miller at mid-season. Where that would leave them in the off-season cap wise is beyond me.
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

"Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

Quote Quote  

10. -50
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks

1 thing about redd is that he is a free agent after the '09 season...r u sure u wanna trade for him...having redd,young,iggy all together..i think more or less speights is more a 4 then a 5 and young is more a 3...unless iggy goes which i doubt...young at 4 and speights at the 5 doesnt make sense and wouldnt work....bigger, physical teams would kill them on the boards....i like redd but i know it wont happen also if it did u need to get redd to agree to a new contract if and when he comes here i dont want some 1 hear for a yera and half thats not wroth it
    Quote Quote