Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 280 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 76ers Thread

1. -91
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    they need to lose not win..its to late now...i dont want them getting that 6,7 or 8 seed..whats the purpose behind that...they wont beat either orlando,cavs or boston..lose and try and get a good pick in the lottery

Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    they need to lose not win..its to late now...i dont want them getting that 6,7 or 8 seed..whats the purpose behind that...they wont beat either orlando,cavs or boston..lose and try and get a good pick in the lottery
    The lottery isn't exactly a quick fix. I still don't think the Sixers have played their best Basketball. I hate to be such a homer, but if Elton Brand comes back healthy and the team finds a way to start clicking with him. Especially Miller and Iguodala. Maybe the Sixers can beat Boston, Cleveland or Orlando? Isn't that what people expected of them when they signed Brand anyway?

I want to make the playoffs......
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

"Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

Quote Quote  

3. -93
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain16 View Post
    The lottery isn't exactly a quick fix. I still don't think the Sixers have played their best Basketball. I hate to be such a homer, but if Elton Brand comes back healthy and the team finds a way to start clicking with him. Especially Miller and Iguodala. Maybe the Sixers can beat Boston, Cleveland or Orlando? Isn't that what people expected of them when they signed Brand anyway?

even when the had brand earlier this yr they werent beating those teams...w/out they r better..trust me im not sure they just r...as far as making the playoffs it is a pipe dream..this is not the ncaa tourney, their r upsets in nba basketball but i dont expect the 76ers to upset any 1..they had the pistons at 2-2 and didnt even show up the last 2 games...no playoffs..and yeah the lottery means nothing, but come on i rather have a chance to get a good player earlier in the draft then say later
    Quote Quote  

4. -94
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Definitely agree. Lottery isn't a quick fix. We didn't go through the lottery to get Lou Williams, who was selected in the 2nd round. Or Speights and Young at 12th and 16th overall. Losing on purpose is a bum move imo. With Iggy back at his original position, Small Forward, and Andre Miller playing lights out. Getting Brand back certainly won't hurt. Move Thad back to the bench will be big. Every great team has a great bench. Lou Williams, Thad Young, and Speights is a great bench. Hell, even Theo Ratliff is still good depth the way he's still blocking shots... I too think our best basketball has yet to come. We beat a very good team in the Hawks last night, pretty handily. 4 straight.
    Last edited by Clipse; 01-12-2009 at 09:27 AM.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks like Elton Brand is progressing nicely on his shoulder injury. he says his shoulder feels fine in Full Contact practice. He's now listed day to day and could be back soon.
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    Looks like Elton Brand is progressing nicely on his shoulder injury. he says his shoulder feels fine in Full Contact practice. He's now listed day to day and could be back soon.
    if he comes back and they start losing again..watch out how the fans turn on him asap
    Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    5 in a row and Brand due back soon!

But the schedule is about to get pretty tough, some of the best teams in the west are visiting Philadelphia.
    Quote Quote  

8. -98
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    5 in a row and Brand due back soon!

But the schedule is about to get pretty tough, some of the best teams in the west are visiting Philadelphia.
    After last night's game, I'm not as worried as I would've been say 2 or 3 weeks ago. That beating of Portland was nasty. I really like what DiLeo is doing. He's preaching defense, defense, defense. Defense wins championships. Defense is the key to our offense, the fastbreak. Going to be an interesting couple weeks coming up with Brand being worked back into the lineup, and some tough games on the schedule. But like I said, 76ers are rolling right now. Even Dalembert and Evans are playing decent... Iggy is playing like a man possessed. Andre Miller, is simply not Andre Miller... 6-7 from 3 point range in the last 5 games? Wtf? Speights is a monster, on Defense and Offense. Young is a stud. And the best part of it is... We're hitting our 3's for once. And free throws.
    Quote Quote  

9. -99
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    what in the world is going on...1st the blazers now the spurs..they do this every season, start slow then go nuts halfway through the season..to little to late imho
    Quote Quote  

10. -100
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    what in the world is going on...1st the blazers now the spurs..they do this every season, start slow then go nuts halfway through the season..to little to late imho
    Too little too late? You do realize we're only halfway through the season right? At this rate, who can't we beat? I really do hope your still not interested in giving up hope for the season and playing for a spot in the lottery... Ludicrous idea to begin with imo.

Iguodala needs to be arrested and booked on charges of murder... Not 1 but 2 crazy buzzer beaters? Never, ever try him at SG again. We put him back at SF and now all of a sudden he's the best thing since sliced bread Thad Young is a beast. Miller is a top PG in this league. Speights is one of the best young big men in the league. Lou Williams is a stud. That 3rd buzzer beater by him was just adding insult to injury. God, that game almost brings tears to my eyes
    Last edited by Clipse; 01-17-2009 at 03:18 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote