Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 11 of 279 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 2785

Thread: Official 76ers Thread

  1. -101
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,009
    vCash:
    2692
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh and I forgot, forget all the coaching options mentioned for the Philly job, keep DiLeo for God's sake. He's not known as the "Phil Jackson of Europe" for nothing. Guy can flat out coach. He has this team playing top notch defense, which in return, sparks the fast break. That's what I've been wanting to see out of this team. Teams get scared of your slashing ability, and that opens up the open 3's, which we're hitting now.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -102
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1001
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Win number 7 in a row and yes they r playing great..it just doesnt make sense to me why it takes half way thru the season for this team to finally play good...miller is not getting traded anytime soon with all these wins now, thats for sure...williams and spieghts and young make a great young nucleus for this team..so hopefully they can keep going








    Quote Quote  

  3. -103
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,009
    vCash:
    2692
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    Win number 7 in a row and yes they r playing great..it just doesnt make sense to me why it takes half way thru the season for this team to finally play good...miller is not getting traded anytime soon with all these wins now, thats for sure...williams and spieghts and young make a great young nucleus for this team..so hopefully they can keep going
    Because Iggy isn't a Shooting Guard... And DiLeo can actually coach. Miller probably won't be gone, but then again I'm kind of hoping he won't. He's one one of my favorite players and one of the most underrated PG's of all time. Not only do I hope he stays this year, but I hope we sign him to a 2 year deal or so. Miller has got to be one of the smartest players in the league. Also I never thought I would say this, but Dalembert is a little underrated. He's not worth the huge contract he was given, but he's still a good Center. His post defense is very good, and I love the way he swings the ball to the outlet guys for the fastbreak. Most Centers in this league hand it to a guard, he passes it out to the guys orchestrating a fastbreak. Very good awareness on his part.

    Also, there has been talk about Brand possibly playing at the 5. Not sure how true they are. Brand is only 6'8", but he has the long arms, strength, and awareness to play the 5. Not sure how I feel about the idea. I'd prefer Speights at the 5, but DiLeo seems to want to keep Young on the starting lineup without putting Iggy back at SG.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -104
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1001
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    Because Iggy isn't a Shooting Guard... And DiLeo can actually coach. Miller probably won't be gone, but then again I'm kind of hoping he won't. He's one one of my favorite players and one of the most underrated PG's of all time. Not only do I hope he stays this year, but I hope we sign him to a 2 year deal or so. Miller has got to be one of the smartest players in the league. Also I never thought I would say this, but Dalembert is a little underrated. He's not worth the huge contract he was given, but he's still a good Center. His post defense is very good, and I love the way he swings the ball to the outlet guys for the fastbreak. Most Centers in this league hand it to a guard, he passes it out to the guys orchestrating a fastbreak. Very good awareness on his part.

    Also, there has been talk about Brand possibly playing at the 5. Not sure how true they are. Brand is only 6'8", but he has the long arms, strength, and awareness to play the 5. Not sure how I feel about the idea. I'd prefer Speights at the 5, but DiLeo seems to want to keep Young on the starting lineup without putting Iggy back at SG.
    Young is on fire..he is playing like a man possessed...knicks broadcaster said last night when he sees young he acts like a guy who just had 6 red bulls lol love his energy as i love speights who is just great and only gonna get better...cant wait til he starts maybe next year who knows..im tellung u every 1 says the sixers need brand im not so sure....they r playing much better w/out him and hopes he doesnt screw up this winning streak and chemistry...iggy is so much better when he is on a fast break..if u dont him on a team that plays half court he is in trouble...last night in the pre game show on msg one i forget his name 76er radio announcer said that Dileo is much more organized as a coach..maybe he doesnt have many set plays and they can run more..another thing that i noitced they r not only beating good teams they r blowing them away..good stuff hopefully they can keep it going
    Quote Quote  

  5. -105
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,009
    vCash:
    2692
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DiLeo doesn't have 9 international championships for nothing. He's simply a great coach. As for Brand, I can't wait to see him come back. I'm starting to to think all this talk about Brand at the 5 could be true. He may only be 6'8", but he has long arms and his defense and rebounding is excellent. If Brand plays the 5, then our fast break offense won't change. Young will still play the 4. The thing I like the most about brand at the 5, it opens up many more options than are available with Sammy in half court sets. So if Brand can play the 5, I am all for it, will only help this team out more. As for Young, he's a beast. i didn't think he'd amount to much at PF, but I was wrong. Having such fast, talented slasher who can also hit the outside shot at the 4 spot, is such a big mismatch for most teams in this league. It almost guarantees that you have to play a zone, which then opens up alot of things.

    The other thing I would love to see is Lou getting the starting spot at SG over Green. I love Silly Willy but Lou's speed and talent would be a great asset to have. Doesn't really matter all too much anyways though considering Lou gets alot of playing time, almost as much as Miller.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -106
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1001
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    DiLeo doesn't have 9 international championships for nothing. He's simply a great coach. As for Brand, I can't wait to see him come back. I'm starting to to think all this talk about Brand at the 5 could be true. He may only be 6'8", but he has long arms and his defense and rebounding is excellent. If Brand plays the 5, then our fast break offense won't change. Young will still play the 4. The thing I like the most about brand at the 5, it opens up many more options than are available with Sammy in half court sets. So if Brand can play the 5, I am all for it, will only help this team out more. As for Young, he's a beast. i didn't think he'd amount to much at PF, but I was wrong. Having such fast, talented slasher who can also hit the outside shot at the 4 spot, is such a big mismatch for most teams in this league. It almost guarantees that you have to play a zone, which then opens up alot of things.

    The other thing I would love to see is Lou getting the starting spot at SG over Green. I love Silly Willy but Lou's speed and talent would be a great asset to have. Doesn't really matter all too much anyways though considering Lou gets alot of playing time, almost as much as Miller.
    for now i like lou coming off the bench and bringing some energy...also bench points is always a big factor...green only plays about 20 mins a'ways....brand at the 5 is not a bad option, a'thing or a'body has got 2 be better then sammy..i cant stomach him anymore
    Quote Quote  

  7. -107
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,009
    vCash:
    2692
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    for now i like lou coming off the bench and bringing some energy...also bench points is always a big factor...green only plays about 20 mins a'ways....brand at the 5 is not a bad option, a'thing or a'body has got 2 be better then sammy..i cant stomach him anymore
    I agree. Brand might only be 6'8" but his very long arms and great awareness could make him a great Center for us.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -108
    MelbournePhin's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    4,468
    vCash:
    2110
    Loc:
    melbourne, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    buzzer beater by dirk. ouch
    Quote Quote  

  9. -109
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,009
    vCash:
    2692
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well there went the winning streak... Great game, but why the **** was Reggie "Worthless" Evans guarding Dirk? Should've seen that buzzer beater coming... Would've been nice to have Brand back, we could of used his defense badly there.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -110
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,009
    vCash:
    2692
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbournePhin View Post
    buzzer beater by dirk. ouch
    Yup. Didn't even see the shot though. The Sixer wearing the number 30 trying to guard Dirk made me cringe... Why that scrub gets playing time is beyond me.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. The official official BOXING THREAD!
    By FinsNYanksFan13 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  4. Official Thread About Official Threads
    By mor911 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 04:28 AM
  5. The Official Throw-back-thread Thread
    By mor911 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •