Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 277 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 2768

Thread: Official 76ers Thread

  1. -111
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1001
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    just read in the ny post peter vecsey column that he said michael redd isnt going anywhere..an offical said all the trade offersr garbage and they r not really looking to move him anyways...








    Quote Quote  

  2. -112
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    12,993
    vCash:
    2459
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    just read in the ny post peter vecsey column that he said michael redd isnt going anywhere..an offical said all the trade offersr garbage and they r not really looking to move him anyways...
    That's too bad. Still lots of other options available though thankfully. Willie Green is just too inconsistent to be a starter, so I hope we can find someone to replace him.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -113
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    12,993
    vCash:
    2459
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great game last night. That makes 8 of 9 games. Brand is back! 3-4 shooting for 6 points, 3 rebounds, and 2 blocks in 13 and a half minutes. Dalembert was outstanding with 10 points, 17 boards, and 3 blocks. Iggy still beasting, leading the team with 24 points to go with 7 boards and 6 assists. Young with 17 and Miller with 21. Green had a solid game with 14. I'd like to mention Royal Ivey as well. He's been pretty solid off the bench this year. And I'm real impressed with his defense.

    And of course a huge yipeeeeeee to be yelled out. Reggie Evans has finally found his way onto the inactives list! it is about damn time...
    Quote Quote  

  4. -114
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1001
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    u can really forget about..it is being reported michael redd is out for the yera with a torn laborn or sthing..adios
    Quote Quote  

  5. -115
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    12,993
    vCash:
    2459
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    u can really forget about..it is being reported michael redd is out for the yera with a torn laborn or sthing..adios
    Oh well. Plenty of other fish in the see.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -116
    phinman1's Avatar
    Seriously now

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,245
    vCash:
    1393
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oooooooh, Brand is back. Who cares? This guy is Webber 2.0. Whenever you play better without your 70 million dollar man, you know the signing sucks.

    We will once again finish around .500, (only because the depth in the East is pathetic) and be fodder in the playoffs for Celts, Cavs et al.

    This may sound radical, but how about getting rid of Gummybert for a guy who can shoot and letting Brand and Speights handle the middle?

    In any case I'd like to see Speights get more time anyway. This kid has all the tools and hopefully he has the head as well.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -117
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    12,993
    vCash:
    2459
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinman1 View Post
    Oooooooh, Brand is back. Who cares? This guy is Webber 2.0. Whenever you play better without your 70 million dollar man, you know the signing sucks.

    We will once again finish around .500, (only because the depth in the East is pathetic) and be fodder in the playoffs for Celts, Cavs et al.

    This may sound radical, but how about getting rid of Gummybert for a guy who can shoot and letting Brand and Speights handle the middle?

    In any case I'd like to see Speights get more time anyway. This kid has all the tools and hopefully he has the head as well.


    Do you realize we played bad the first few games we lost Brand? It was when Iggy was put back at his original position that things started to click.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -118
    phinman1's Avatar
    Seriously now

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,245
    vCash:
    1393
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post


    Do you realize we played bad the first few games we lost Brand? It was when Iggy was put back at his original position that things started to click.
    Fine. Defend a guy who makes $70 million and whose team has a better record without him than with him. You seem not to be looking at simple facts. That's fine, you're a fan of the team and hope for the best. As do I.

    As for your Iggy statement, indeed he has played better since Brand left. Is that your argument supporting Brand?

    When Brand does comeback, Iggy needs to stay at 3 and they need to bring Young off the bench who can get some time playing both 3 and 4.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -119
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    12,993
    vCash:
    2459
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinman1 View Post
    Fine. Defend a guy who makes $70 million and whose team has a better record without him than with him. You seem not to be looking at simple facts. That's fine, you're a fan of the team and hope for the best. As do I.

    As for your Iggy statement, indeed he has played better since Brand left. Is that your argument supporting Brand?

    When Brand does comeback, Iggy needs to stay at 3 and they need to bring Young off the bench who can get some time playing both 3 and 4.
    Actually, that's my argument stating that Iggy is not a SG and should remain the 3 as you said. As for Young coming in off the bench, I'd have to disagree. Keep him at the 4, and try Brand at the 5. Young at the 4 is a big reason to our success. He's more athletic than 95% of PF's in this league, and that can cause alot of matchup problems. Not to mention, he's key to our fast paced, fastbreak offense. I certainly think brand has what it takes to play the 5. His instincts and long arms makes up for his height. I also want to see Lou Williams get the starting nod at SG. Green plays with heart, but he's a great SG off the bench, not so much a good starter. I also want to see Speights get alot more playing time and Reggie Evans to remain where he belongs, the inactive list. Would be great to find someone desperate enough to make a trade for Sammy. He has talent, but he's been a huge underachiever his whole career. We need a solid 2 guard.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -120
    phinman1's Avatar
    Seriously now

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,245
    vCash:
    1393
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    Actually, that's my argument stating that Iggy is not a SG and should remain the 3 as you said. As for Young coming in off the bench, I'd have to disagree. Keep him at the 4, and try Brand at the 5. Young at the 4 is a big reason to our success. He's more athletic than 95% of PF's in this league, and that can cause alot of matchup problems. Not to mention, he's key to our fast paced, fastbreak offense. I certainly think brand has what it takes to play the 5. His instincts and long arms makes up for his height. I also want to see Lou Williams get the starting nod at SG. Green plays with heart, but he's a great SG off the bench, not so much a good starter. I also want to see Speights get alot more playing time and Reggie Evans to remain where he belongs, the inactive list. Would be great to find someone desperate enough to make a trade for Sammy. He has talent, but he's been a huge underachiever his whole career. We need a solid 2 guard.
    Yeah, good synopsis and maybe you're right, but I just don't know about Brand at 5. Worth a try though.

    Agree about Lou get a starting shot. Why not? He confidence may skyrocket if he gets consistent minutes every night, say 30 plus a game. Maybe they know something we don't.

    As for Speights, I'm telling you this guy will be an absolute stud if he has a head on his shoulders.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. The official official BOXING THREAD!
    By FinsNYanksFan13 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  4. Official Thread About Official Threads
    By mor911 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 04:28 AM
  5. The Official Throw-back-thread Thread
    By mor911 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •