Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 250 of 277 FirstFirst ... 245246247248249250251252253254255 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 2768

Thread: Official 76ers Thread

  1. -2491
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    12,993
    vCash:
    2459
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    That is great news if it really happens. I thought he did a solid job in Portland, which was a surprise when they let him go a couple years ago.

    I also saw a few days ago that Collins want to have the starting front court of Brown and Hawes. Not sure how I feel about that yet.
    Yea, he and Pritchard did a great job in Portland. Portland has to be the most unlucky fans. That team was about to be a championship contender until all the injuries imo. Penn also learned under Jerry West and Chuck Daly in Memphis.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2492
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,152
    vCash:
    5052
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Yea, he and Pritchard did a great job in Portland. Portland has to be the most unlucky fans. That team was about to be a championship contender until all the injuries imo. Penn also learned under Jerry West and Chuck Daly in Memphis.
    And if someone like that is running this franchise, I will be genuinely excited.

    Quote Quote  

  3. -2493
    Ferretsquig's Avatar
    Perennial All-Pro

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2002
    Posts:
    7,417
    vCash:
    1314
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Starting lineup:

    Holiday
    Turner
    Iguodala
    Hawes
    Brown

    That ought to be painful to watch.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -2494
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,152
    vCash:
    5052
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...ks-report-says

    Don't know if it will happen, but it's definitely interesting to say the least.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -2495
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    12,993
    vCash:
    2459
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Iggy for Bynum? Where do I sign? Sucks that it's reported by Chris Broussard's dumbass or else it would be more believable.

    Edit - Looks like it was reported first by Woj. Makes me feel a hell of a lot better.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -2496
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,152
    vCash:
    5052
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Iggy for Bynum? Where do I sign? Sucks that it's reported by Chris Broussard's dumbass or else it would be more believable.

    Edit - Looks like it was reported first by Woj. Makes me feel a hell of a lot better.
    My thinking exactly. I'll take one of the best centers in the league, even if it's only for one year. If his trade does go through, hopefully we can convince Bynum to sign long term.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -2497
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    12,993
    vCash:
    2459
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan11 View Post
    My thinking exactly. I'll take one of the best centers in the league, even if it's only for one year. If his trade does go through, hopefully we can convince Bynum to sign long term.
    Doesn't Iggy become a Free Agent next offseason anyways? If so, that certainly lessens the blow if Bynum does decide to leave after one season. I think this is the perfect team for him. He'll be given the best opportunity to become a star here, on both ends of the floor.

    ---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

    The thing that makes it so unbelievable to me is that Pau and Afflalo is not a good deal for the Magic imo. But perhaps they really like Afflalo and think he can be a 20+ ppg scorer. I think he can as well. He's a very efficient scorer. Hell of a defender as well. The more I think about it, it's not that bad a trade. Certainly better than the crap NJ was peddling.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -2498
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    12,993
    vCash:
    2459
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Looks like that's only the base of the trade. Apparently the Magic would receive Vucevic among other assets like draft picks as well. Vucevic could turn into a decent player. Longest player in the draft a couple years ago and has some skill offensively. Should be a good rebounder as well.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -2499
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,152
    vCash:
    5052
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Doesn't Iggy become a Free Agent next offseason anyways? If so, that certainly lessens the blow if Bynum does decide to leave after one season. I think this is the perfect team for him. He'll be given the best opportunity to become a star here, on both ends of the floor.

    ---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

    The thing that makes it so unbelievable to me is that Pau and Afflalo is not a good deal for the Magic imo. But perhaps they really like Afflalo and think he can be a 20+ ppg scorer. I think he can as well. He's a very efficient scorer. Hell of a defender as well. The more I think about it, it's not that bad a trade. Certainly better than the crap NJ was peddling.
    Iggy is a free agent after this season. I would do this deal in a heartbeat. When I was listening to a local show they were saying the exact same thing. There's nice young talent on this team, and Bynum would be the centerpiece of the team.

    ---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Looks like that's only the base of the trade. Apparently the Magic would receive Vucevic among other assets like draft picks as well. Vucevic could turn into a decent player. Longest player in the draft a couple years ago and has some skill offensively. Should be a good rebounder as well.
    With all the new bodies that we've brought in, maybe they consider Vucevic expendable. That's a small price to pay for a great center.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -2500
    PhinsPhan11's Avatar
    Phins & Philly Sports

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2009
    Posts:
    12,152
    vCash:
    5052
    Loc:
    Philadelphia, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trophies
    Well, the Howard trade is official.

    In terms of the Sixers, they gave up Iggy, Vucevic, Harkless, and a protected future first round pick. They got back Bynum and Jason Richardson.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. The official official BOXING THREAD!
    By FinsNYanksFan13 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  4. Official Thread About Official Threads
    By mor911 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 04:28 AM
  5. The Official Throw-back-thread Thread
    By mor911 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •