Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 280 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 2795

Thread: Official 76ers Thread

  1. -31
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,011
    vCash:
    2770
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    the thing this team needs to do is get into the lottery again and hope for a good frontcourt player or great shooting guard....lou williams needs to start at point next yr. miller is a free agent maybe they can get a late 1st rd for him,
    Lou should definately start. Miller should be traded some time soon.

    Lots of people to look at for the draft. Some of my favorites:

    Stephen Curry, Guard, Davidson: Averaging 32 points a game, 7 assists, and 3 steals. I would literally **** myself if we got this kid. One of the best shooters in the draft. Good passer. Plays very good defense, hell, had 9 steals against Guilford, 9!, That's unheard of. At 6'3", he'd make a good Shooting Guard.

    A.J. Abrams, Guard, Texas: Averaging 21 PPG, and shooting 47% from beyond the arc. This guy has an amazing jumper. Too bad he's only 5-11 though, so can't play at Shooting Guard.

    Darren Collison, Guard, UCLA. Very, very good shooting touch. Averages 15 points a game, 5 assists. Shooting 54% from 3 and 96% on Free Throws. Only 6'0" so he'd have to play Point as well.

    Lots of candidates to choose from, but if it's shooters you want, hard to find anybody better than these 3.

    Another scenario to think about. Michael Redd isn't happy in Milwaukee. They need a Point and a Center. Perhaps we could work out a trade involving Miller and Dalembert? Very possible, and I'd welcome it with open arms. Redd is one of the best shooters in the NBA hands down.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -32
    phinman1's Avatar
    Seriously now

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,298
    vCash:
    1793
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    Lou should definately start. Miller should be traded some time soon.

    Lots of people to look at for the draft. Some of my favorites:

    Stephen Curry, Guard, Davidson: Averaging 32 points a game, 7 assists, and 3 steals. I would literally **** myself if we got this kid. One of the best shooters in the draft. Good passer. Plays very good defense, hell, had 9 steals against Guilford, 9!, That's unheard of. At 6'3", he'd make a good Shooting Guard.

    A.J. Abrams, Guard, Texas: Averaging 21 PPG, and shooting 47% from beyond the arc. This guy has an amazing jumper. Too bad he's only 5-11 though, so can't play at Shooting Guard.

    Darren Collison, Guard, UCLA. Very, very good shooting touch. Averages 15 points a game, 5 assists. Shooting 54% from 3 and 96% on Free Throws. Only 6'0" so he'd have to play Point as well.

    Lots of candidates to choose from, but if it's shooters you want, hard to find anybody better than these 3.

    Another scenario to think about. Michael Redd isn't happy in Milwaukee. They need a Point and a Center. Perhaps we could work out a trade involving Miller and Dalembert? Very possible, and I'd welcome it with open arms. Redd is one of the best shooters in the NBA hands down.
    A Redd trade would be great, and it makes sense for both teams at this point. As for Lou starting, don't discount Miller.

    How about starting them both, with Williams at the 2 spot?

    Finally, as for Brand getting hurt, what a total bust this signing looks like. Another Webber for 5 more years. You think it might have been better to sign Josh Smith for less? He would've fit right in with the up tempo style. How would you like to have him and Iggy on the wings during the break. But no, we go for the older, plodding guy who just tore an achilles.

    Perhaps Brand can turn it around, if not this franchise is crippled for another half decade.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -33
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,011
    vCash:
    2770
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinman1 View Post
    A Redd trade would be great, and it makes sense for both teams at this point. As for Lou starting, don't discount Miller.

    How about starting them both, with Williams at the 2 spot?

    Finally, as for Brand getting hurt, what a total bust this signing looks like. Another Webber for 5 more years. You think it might have been better to sign Josh Smith for less? He would've fit right in with the up tempo style. How would you like to have him and Iggy on the wings during the break. But no, we go for the older, plodding guy who just tore an achilles.

    Perhaps Brand can turn it around, if not this franchise is crippled for another half decade.
    Yes, we should've got Josh Smith. He fits our team much better. As for Brand, he will not be another Webber. Unfortunately, I don't think he will shine for us until next season. Unfortunatley, he will be out a month with a dislocated shoulder. On a positive note, Speights will get alot more playing time.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -34
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    Lou should definately start. Miller should be traded some time soon.

    Lots of people to look at for the draft. Some of my favorites:

    Stephen Curry, Guard, Davidson: Averaging 32 points a game, 7 assists, and 3 steals. I would literally **** myself if we got this kid. One of the best shooters in the draft. Good passer. Plays very good defense, hell, had 9 steals against Guilford, 9!, That's unheard of. At 6'3", he'd make a good Shooting Guard.

    A.J. Abrams, Guard, Texas: Averaging 21 PPG, and shooting 47% from beyond the arc. This guy has an amazing jumper. Too bad he's only 5-11 though, so can't play at Shooting Guard.

    Darren Collison, Guard, UCLA. Very, very good shooting touch. Averages 15 points a game, 5 assists. Shooting 54% from 3 and 96% on Free Throws. Only 6'0" so he'd have to play Point as well.

    Lots of candidates to choose from, but if it's shooters you want, hard to find anybody better than these 3.

    Another scenario to think about. Michael Redd isn't happy in Milwaukee. They need a Point and a Center. Perhaps we could work out a trade involving Miller and Dalembert? Very possible, and I'd welcome it with open arms. Redd is one of the best shooters in the NBA hands down.
    i would love redd, but not sure if they get him...bogut is there and i seriously doubt that they would take sam and his contract perhaps if we toke villanueva and his contract maybe....im no fan of villanueva but if they could land redd it would be a move in the right direction








    Quote Quote  

  5. -35
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,011
    vCash:
    2770
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    i would love redd, but not sure if they get him...bogut is there and i seriously doubt that they would take sam and his contract perhaps if we toke villanueva and his contract maybe....im no fan of villanueva but if they could land redd it would be a move in the right direction
    I would much rather keep Sammy. But to get Redd, they will definately want Sammy and will give us Villanueva. Not a big fan of him either, but you do what you got to do, to get a great shooter like Redd. Villa can shoot fairly well, so I wouldn't mind him as the backup PF over Evans because Evans is quite uselss. Sure he might be "tough", sure he might be a good rebounder. Too bad he couldn't put the ball in the basket if his life depended on it. Not very good on D either.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -36
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    I would much rather keep Sammy. But to get Redd, they will definately want Sammy and will give us Villanueva. Not a big fan of him either, but you do what you got to do, to get a great shooter like Redd. Villa can shoot fairly well, so I wouldn't mind him as the backup PF over Evans because Evans is quite uselss. Sure he might be "tough", sure he might be a good rebounder. Too bad he couldn't put the ball in the basket if his life depended on it. Not very good on D either.

    im a uconn huskies fan and let me tell u villanueva is a joke. With all his talent he never worked hard at all. His attitude always sucked and palying defense for him is worse then evans, who i agree is a joke. We need players who can rebound and score here, i loved when brand was brought here but in retrospect i wondered how could he fit in a untempo offense like this- 16 and 10 aint cutting it and now he is gone for a month..i know josh smith would of bene matched by the hawks any money his way from the sixers but why spend it this year they could of out it off, for another year like some 2 said earlier chris webber part 2
    Quote Quote  

  7. -37
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,011
    vCash:
    2770
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    im a uconn huskies fan and let me tell u villanueva is a joke. With all his talent he never worked hard at all. His attitude always sucked and palying defense for him is worse then evans, who i agree is a joke. We need players who can rebound and score here, i loved when brand was brought here but in retrospect i wondered how could he fit in a untempo offense like this- 16 and 10 aint cutting it and now he is gone for a month..i know josh smith would of bene matched by the hawks any money his way from the sixers but why spend it this year they could of out it off, for another year like some 2 said earlier chris webber part 2
    I agree. Villanueva is a joke. But the way I see it is:

    Andre Miller and Dalembert < Michael Redd and Villanueva

    Brand will turn out to be a great pickup for us. The time off will give him more rest for his Achilles. Not to mention I put alot of the blame on Maurice Cheeks for not using him correctly. We didn't use many Pick and Pops with Brand, which is one of the things hes best at. I've liked what I have seen from DiLeo so far, so we shall see.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -38
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    dileo is not the answer to our problems i hate to say this but i rather end up in the lottery with a top 10 pick then make the playoffs again and be out in the 1st rd...as it stands they would be the 7 or 8 seed, no way they r beating the celtics,magic or cavs...
    Quote Quote  

  9. -39
    Clipse's Avatar
    mediocrity sucks

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    13,011
    vCash:
    2770
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    dileo is not the answer to our problems i hate to say this but i rather end up in the lottery with a top 10 pick then make the playoffs again and be out in the 1st rd...as it stands they would be the 7 or 8 seed, no way they r beating the celtics,magic or cavs...
    DiLeo may not be the answer to our problems, but I certainly like him as an answer to next years head coaching job. He's 3-0 as the coach, and I like what I've seen.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -40
    uga3406's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2006
    Posts:
    3,766
    vCash:
    1049
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    DiLeo may not be the answer to our problems, but I certainly like him as an answer to next years head coaching job. He's 3-0 as the coach, and I like what I've seen.

    sure its great to win three in a row, but lets look at who they beat..the wizards twice and the bucks..beat boston twice and the cavs, then we will start talking how great Dileo is...i still say get in the lottery, there will be some good players in this years draft...they would be wise to lose some more games
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. The official official BOXING THREAD!
    By FinsNYanksFan13 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 293
    Last Post: 05-09-2012, 09:32 PM
  2. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 11:34 AM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  4. Official Thread About Official Threads
    By mor911 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-11-2006, 04:28 AM
  5. The Official Throw-back-thread Thread
    By mor911 in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-10-2006, 04:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •