Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 8 of 277 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 76ers Thread

1. -71
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    u know what i already forgot about brand, my bad. i love Speights. Im telling u now, being a uconn fan that u do now want Villanueva any wya shape or form. Why would uw ant him. If u get him then Sam better be going too. If not i dont want his a**. I know him well and his attitude sucks big time. He plays no defense at all and his work ethic sucks too..I guess we will see come deadline time. When is that again? At the end of feb, right?
    Villanueva isn't all that bad. I don't want Villa, but we would have to take him in order to even out the salaries. Villanueva has played some very good games however, so I wouldn't mind him as a backup. I like Jason Smith alot as well. Either way, Villa would be just to even out the Salaries. Milwaukee would love to get rid of him, he's certainly not worth all the money he's making. But you have to ask yourself, is it worth taking on his contract, to get Redd and finally get rid of Dalembert, I'd have to say hell yes.

Trade deadline is towards the end of February. Around the 21st or so.
    Quote Quote  

2. -72
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Not to mention, Iggy has been playing lights out as of late. Good to see him starting to come together. I'd hate for him to turn out to be a bust after all the money we gave him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -73
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Springfield, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 171972 Dolphins Logo2013 Dolphins Logo
    Good game yesterday guys. TP got off an improbable shot. My preseason thought was that Philly would be one of the top teams left in the East at the end of the year. Just get healthy so I can be right for a change

Quote Quote  

4. -74
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    Villanueva isn't all that bad. I don't want Villa, but we would have to take him in order to even out the salaries. Villanueva has played some very good games however, so I wouldn't mind him as a backup. I like Jason Smith alot as well. Either way, Villa would be just to even out the Salaries. Milwaukee would love to get rid of him, he's certainly not worth all the money he's making. But you have to ask yourself, is it worth taking on his contract, to get Redd and finally get rid of Dalembert, I'd have to say hell yes.

Trade deadline is towards the end of February. Around the 21st or so.

oh i agree with 100% i villanueva to get redd and get ridd of sam..i have no prb w/ that im just saying dont expect crap from him, he is a waste of talent....like i said 2 u once before if sixers someway get redd they need to sign him to a long contract asap i dont him being here for a yr then leaving...iggy is playing better cause brand is gone that is the truth..brand is like iverson they hold that ball 10-12 seconds each possesion...that is why he is playing well those 2 i dont think mesh well at all

Quote Quote  

5. -75
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SpurzN703 View Post
    Good game yesterday guys. TP got off an improbable shot. My preseason thought was that Philly would be one of the top teams left in the East at the end of the year. Just get healthy so I can be right for a change

Lol. Yes that was one hell of a shot by TP. Beating the Spurs on the road after coming back from a 21 point deficit would of really made me happy. Oh well. Great game though, Iggy was putting up some nasty dunks as well Not to mention that Oop to Young. Cannot wait to get Brand back so Young can go back to being our 6th man. Our bench has got to be one of the worst in the league.
    Quote Quote  

6. -76
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by uga3406 View Post
    oh i agree with 100% i villanueva to get redd and get ridd of sam..i have no prb w/ that im just saying dont expect crap from him, he is a waste of talent....like i said 2 u once before if sixers someway get redd they need to sign him to a long contract asap i dont him being here for a yr then leaving...iggy is playing better cause brand is gone that is the truth..brand is like iverson they hold that ball 10-12 seconds each possesion...that is why he is playing well those 2 i dont think mesh well at all
    I agree, Iggy and Brand haven't been able to mesh well. Alot of it has to do with Brand being double teamed as soon as he touches the ball. Teams don't mind double teaming when they know the open man won't make a shot. But then again, the same argument can be made that perhaps Iggy was struggling because he's not a 2 guard. He started playing great after being put back at SF. Who knows. Can't wait to see what this team can do with a true SG like a Redd or a Gordon. Green is good depth, but that's about it. Also can't wait until we finally have some offense and consistency at Center ala Speights. Jason Smith is going to be a beast as well. It's just too bad though that Dalembert has been so inconsistent his entire career. All that talent, size, and athleticism wasted. Some depth wouldn't hurt either.
    Quote Quote  

7. -77
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't get too excited about this new SG savior that's coming to town. Noone is touching Dalembert's contract and the Sixers have no room to operate under the cap in the offseason. They made their bed with the Iggy and Brand signings. Now someone has to figure out how to make it all work.
    Quote Quote  

8. -78
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    princeton,nj
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    Don't get too excited about this new SG savior that's coming to town. Noone is touching Dalembert's contract and the Sixers have no room to operate under the cap in the offseason. They made their bed with the Iggy and Brand signings. Now someone has to figure out how to make it all work.

u make a good point but maybe there is some idot gm out there that happens to like sam and wants him, lets all just pray
    Quote Quote  

9. -79
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferretsquig View Post
    There are plenty of teams out there who could use some kind of defense in the post. Chicago and Milwaukee included. Not to mention, every team has a player with a big contract they want to trade away. Gordon won't be a Bull next year, and Redd will definitely be gone in 2 years. Might as well get something for them.
    Quote Quote  

10. -80
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Every team could use some kind of post defense. Noone wants to pay 34 mil over the next three years for it. Especially when '10 is the year of Wade, Lebron, Bosh, Nash, Shaq, Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, Nowitzki, Richard Hamilton, Ginobili, etc...

And I wouldn't be so confident that Redd and Gordon are leaving their teams. Redd is going to take a look at that free agent list and think twice about opting out of his deal. Gordon is trapped.....the only team that'll show him the dollars is the Bulls, so he either takes the deal or agrees to a sign and trade. I'm not so sure the Bulls are going to be all that eager to let their best player walk.
    Quote Quote