Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: COMMENTARY: Discuss CKParrothead's Article

1. -11
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    S.Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks CK, very good read as usual.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Great write up CK.

I'm gonna disagree with you on Bell, for the simple fact that he may not be an INT machine . . . but he IMO is a playmaker and always has been one. Even when he was a dime back and special teams guru . . . we would get a turnover on special teams and Bell would be the one that caused it, or even now in the secondary, he makes key strips and big tackles. He IMO is a great SS, who also has decent coverage skills . . . better than a Roy Williams in coverage IMO. Catching interceptions can be contagious . . . and maybe the Yeremiah will get in on the action . . . but there is no question that he is the leader of this secondary, and they play better when he is in there. Those intangibles are important.

I fully agree with you on Clady, he may not have given up the sacks . . . but Joey was giving him fits . . . and he was getting pressure and Cutler felt that pressure and turned it over 3 times. Still a great pick for the Bronco's and a very impressive LT, but I'll keep Big Jake.

I was SUPRISED that we threw Jason Allen on Brandon . . . in man coverage . . . that is amazing confidence in a kid who obviously was in the dog house earlier this year . . . but he has looked tremendous since being thrown in there and just like last year, the secondary seems to play better when he is in there. U can't stick him on a #1 yet, but he has the skills and talent to matchup against the best WR's . . . he has gotta get used to playing CB . . . but its good to see him out there.

This home stand we have comming is gonna be huge . . . 2 very winnable games comming up . . . then we get New England at home . . . which may be for the division lead. Get it going Dolphins . . . u got alot of people smiling hard right now.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thank you CK, great post! I think your assessment is spot on. Appreciate the time you take to keep us informed. Go Dolphins!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    VIPeezy

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey Ck,

There were a couple of important points that i'm glad you brought up. First off, i couldn't agree more about the game ball. Sure Goodman didn't really have any stats (Allen had the pic-6, Culver & JA had INT's) but the bottom line is, for a strong part of the game, Goodman shut Marshall down. He did the same thing in the 4th quarter last week against Lee Evans.
    I'm also getting extremely frustrated by the fact that Bell can't make a catch. To be perfectly honest with you, i thought Bell had a dissapointing game overall against Denver.
    Also to your point, Ronnie NEEDS to stop thinking out there. It should have come second nature by now but he just doesn't seem to want to hit the holes. Also, he needs to change his cleats. He was all over the place yesterday. And for the love of god, can we stop running the sweep with Ronnie? He is far too indicisive to make it work.
    A couple of points i'd like to bring up:
    1. Crowder still hasn't learned about angles. On a couple of occasions again yesterday i watched him take a terrible angle and got burned in the process. Maybe we were completely spoiled all these years with Zach but its still very frustrating to watch.
    2. We need a solid coverage LB in this year's draft. Watching Hillis run all over us was a clear indication that we can't cover the big man.
    3. ST killed us once again. Had we lost that game, the Royal return would have been the starting point for our collapse.
    4. We've complained for 3 years now that Will Allen can't catch, now he has INTs in back to back games.
    5. If Fergie goes down, we are completely screwed. The man is our saviour out there. Our entire gameplan revolved around Ferguson being able to stop the run.
    6. This stat is frightening... we have not seen a Non-Joey Porter sack since week 3!!! We need to get more pressure to the QB. Vonnie would have had one last night but was held instead.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Hey Ck,

There were a couple of important points that i'm glad you brought up. First off, i couldn't agree more about the game ball. Sure Goodman didn't really have any stats (Allen had the pic-6, Culver & JA had INT's) but the bottom line is, for a strong part of the game, Goodman shut Marshall down. He did the same thing in the 4th quarter last week against Lee Evans.
    I'm also getting extremely frustrated by the fact that Bell can't make a catch. To be perfectly honest with you, i thought Bell had a dissapointing game overall against Denver.
    Also to your point, Ronnie NEEDS to stop thinking out there. It should have come second nature by now but he just doesn't seem to want to hit the holes. Also, he needs to change his cleats. He was all over the place yesterday. And for the love of god, can we stop running the sweep with Ronnie? He is far too indicisive to make it work.
    A couple of points i'd like to bring up:
    1. Crowder still hasn't learned about angles. On a couple of occasions again yesterday i watched him take a terrible angle and got burned in the process. Maybe we were completely spoiled all these years with Zach but its still very frustrating to watch.
    2. We need a solid coverage LB in this year's draft. Watching Hillis run all over us was a clear indication that we can't cover the big man.
    3. ST killed us once again. Had we lost that game, the Royal return would have been the starting point for our collapse.
    4. We've complained for 3 years now that Will Allen can't catch, now he has INTs in back to back games.
    5. If Fergie goes down, we are completely screwed. The man is our saviour out there. Our entire gameplan revolved around Ferguson being able to stop the run.
    6. This stat is frightening... we have not seen a Non-Joey Porter sack since week 3!!! We need to get more pressure to the QB. Vonnie would have had one last night but was held instead.
    Chad P was the most important signing . . . but man I tell u . . . and i don't think I would be crazy for saying this . . . . as much as he does for this team . . . I honestly think Ferguson's health is more important, this guy just HAS to play and stay healthy . . . however I did see Solai play alot on Sunday, Fergie is so important to this team it isn't funny and he IMO is the MVP of this defense . . . Joey may get the the praise, but Fergie is just as important.

Oh yea, Shout out to Justin Smiley . . . . BEAST, damn imagine this line with Donald Thomas right about now.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Season ticket Holder Sec 150

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cape Coral FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great read, Goodman is playing lights out. Watched the game again on Tivo last night and Goodman should get the game ball.

Also Bell isn't an int machine but he is always around the ball, making hits and disrupting passes. I think he played a great game even if he can't catch a ball.

Agree we need a strongside linebacker. Overall besides Porter our other three are just average ora little above.

I'm having questions about Satele. He seems to get pushed back most running plays.
    Bench Henne - CHECK/UNCHECK/CHECK/UNCHECK
    Fire Henning - CHECK
    Fire Sparano - Extended - WTF???
    FIRE OR DEMOTE IRELAND - Extended -
    Fire David Lee - CHECK
    Fire Darren Rizzi
    And last, thanks Mr. Parcells and Ross for screwing up my team
    1-07-2011: Not renewing my season tickets
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Moncton, NB
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great post CK!! Always appreciate your insights on whats happening with this team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Season ticket Holder Sec 150

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cape Coral FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Broncos cornerback Karl Paymah said the team's defensive plan was designed to limit the Dolphins' run game, double cover Miami receiver Ted Ginn and try to force Dolphins receiver Greg Camarillo to beat them.

"We wanted to stop the run, so we had to give up some stuff," Paymah said. "We wanted to double (Ginn); he was doubled. . . . What we were going to give up were like the short outs and stops. That's not going to beat you, that's not what beat us.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Cement Shoes Distributor

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Carolina (from MIAMI)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These are games that we would wind up losing by 3 last year in a heartwrenching fashion. The new regime has righted the ship and finding ways to win these games!
    I Love JESUS CHRIST
    To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by phinfan33 View Post
    Hey CK,what do you do for a living? Scout/Writer? your posts and/or threads are some of the most researched,best&well thought out posts i read on here...again,another good post...
    I'm in equity research. But the way the stock business is going, maybe a career change is in the cards after all, lol.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote