Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: COMMENTARY: Discuss CKParrothead's Article

1. -31
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckparrothead View Post
    I'm in equity research. But the way the stock business is going, maybe a career change is in the cards after all, lol.
    Once again, outstanding job CK!!!! And you know what? Maybe a career change is in the cards for you. IMO you are the most knowledgeable football person on these boards, and I'm sure I am not alone in that opinion. Maybe you should consider scouting and/or writing for a paper, or something football related. You definitely got the skills for it.
    Sho誰uff: Am I the meanest?
    Gang: Sho誰uff!
    Sho誰uff: Am I the prettiest?
    Sho誰uff: Am I the baddest mo-fo, low-down, around this town?
    Sho誰uff: Well, who am I?
    Sho誰uff: Who am I?
    Sho誰uff: I can稚 hear you!
    Sho誰uff: The Shogun of Harlem!
    Quote Quote  

2. -32
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thanks for the kind words, guys!
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

3. -33
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by orginalfinfan View Post
    What is good for us, but sad for the Bronco's is that the push marshall was called for was not needed. Had the push not knock jason offstride it wouldn't have been called and he would have still caught the ball. If marshall was the one we had to stop and jason was on him, why wasn't the safety anywhere near the play. The safety was way late getting over. I can only listen to the games on the internet, don't have direct TV. I'm glad that they did call it. I'm tired of wide recivers getting away with pushes and CB's get called for breathing to hard on the recievers. Michael Irvin may be in the hall of fame because he developed the push off to an art form.
    True about the Push off..., and had the push off not occurred no touchdown but a long reception..., so it was the right call as Allen could not make the tackle... Marshall got Greedy
    Dmitri Patterson gets indefinitely suspended for "not showing up" and Buttfumble got a raise for "not showing up" - go figure how the JESTS world works?
    Quote Quote  

4. -34
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

COMMENTARY: Discuss CKParrothead's Article

Discuss CK's latest take on the team as featured on the main page:

http://www.finheaven.com

Talk amongest yourselves!

-Matt
    Quote Quote  

5. -35
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I haven't read it but I already know I'm going to enjoy it! I'm always using the search function for ckparrothead posts wooo! edit: and it was good. Thanks CK!
    Go Dolphins!
    Moo.
    Quote Quote  

6. -36
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Urlithani View Post
    I haven't read it but I already know I'm going to enjoy it! I'm always using the search function for ckparrothead posts wooo! edit: and it was good. Thanks CK!
    You're welcome bro. Sorry I haven't been as active of late, been a hectic couple of months when it comes to the personal life.
    Quote Quote  

7. -37
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great read CK.

I always look forward to your analysis, even the 10% of the time I disagree.
    Quote Quote  

8. -38
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rebel AllianceSuperman logoXbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!
    Very insightful, well written. Grade A ck.

Quote Quote  

9. -39
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice article....

A couple of comments I found very interesting....for one...I trust Jeff Ireland's talent evaluation more than I do Bill Parcells. I've attended the Senior Bowl personally for the past 2 years, and the word behind the scenes down there was that the Miami braintrust fell in love with Henne and had him targeted at pick #32....so much so, that they misevaluated one of the candidates for the #1 pick....as many observers did.....Matt Ryan.

After Miami sent David Lee to attend Ryan's pro day workout, why did they balk at the selection of Henne at #32 on draft day, and instead select Merling if they were so intrigued by Henne? Surely they didn't think he would be there at #57? Were they going to select Lanford at #57 if Merling hadn't fell to #32?

It seems like many talented players were left off our draft board...it's the way Parcells approaches the draft...it seems like he doesn't select BPA, but rather has predetermined "positions" at certain slots in the draft.

The Parcells / Groh connection should always be a factor for those of us trying to determine which player the braintrust might be looking at in the 1st round....and Sintim fits the "Bill".....and fills a need.

Lastly, what are your thoughts on Donald Thomas' prospects on possibly playing right tackle if Carey isn't resigned? I had Thomas as my #7 rated guard in the draft (ahead of more hyped prospects like Chilo Rachal and Mike McGlynn). I think he has the athletic ability to play right tackle and perform well....although he's raw from an experience standpoint at any position (only started 1 year at UCONN), but the upside, versatility, and raw ability seems to be there.
    Quote Quote  

10. -40
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TedSlimmJr View Post
    Nice article....

A couple of comments I found very interesting....for one...I trust Jeff Ireland's talent evaluation more than I do Bill Parcells. I've attended the Senior Bowl personally for the past 2 years, and the word behind the scenes down there was that the Miami braintrust fell in love with Henne and had him targeted at pick #32....so much so, that they misevaluated one of the candidates for the #1 pick....as many observers did.....Matt Ryan.

After Miami sent David Lee to attend Ryan's pro day workout, why did they balk at the selection of Henne at #32 on draft day, and instead select Merling if they were so intrigued by Henne? Surely they didn't think he would be there at #57? Were they going to select Lanford at #57 if Merling hadn't fell to #32?

It seems like many talented players were left off our draft board...it's the way Parcells approaches the draft...it seems like he doesn't select BPA, but rather has preterdimined "positions" at certain slots in the draft.

The Parcells / Groh connection should always be a factor for those of us trying to determine which player the braintrust might be looking at in the 1st round....and Sintim fits the "Bill".....and fills a need.

Lastly, what are your thoughts on Donald Thomas' prospects on possibly playing right tackle if Carey isn't resigned? I had Thomas as my #7 rated guard in the draft (ahead of more hyped prospects like Chilo Rachal and Mike McGlynn). I think he has the athletic ability to play right tackle and perform well....although he's raw from an experience standpoint at any position (only started 1 year at UCONN), but the upside, versatility, and raw ability seems to be there.
    i think the merling pick was clearly a BPA move. He's tremendous talent that fell right into their laps and you know that they wanted to upgrade the DE position.

I think they snagged him with the second and thought about picking a QB with the 2b or 3rd pick, if there's no value at QB at 2a they scratch off langford and draft one in the third, because you've got merling and you still can get another DE later to pair merling with a rookie competitor like CK talked about in another thread ... but everything went the way they wanted. That's how i see it

SIG BET VICTIM
    Quote Quote