Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: Obama will (likely), be my President

  1. -1
    PhinPhan1227's Avatar
    Why is there a watermelon there?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    15,647
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Obama will (likely), be my President

    It seems likely that Obama will be the President-elect. He will as such be MY President. I will most likely disagree with virtually every policy the man proposes. I will also most likely hate the direction he wants to take the country. But he will nonetheless be my President. The office he holds will retain my respect, regardless of my opinions of the man who holds it. I hope and pray that my opinions of the man are completely wrong. I hope that he makes me look like an idiot by actually improving the country rather than damaging it further. In short, my hopes and prayers go with the man. And in the inimical words of Forest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that".
    - "What do we mean by the defeat of the enemy? Simply the destruction of his forces, whether by death, injury, or any other means -- either completely or enough to make him stop fighting. . . . ."-Carl von Clausewitz-
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,236
    vCash:
    13465
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If he's the POTUS, he's my president just like any other one. In the Army, I obeyed every order from that draft dodger POS Clinton, and, I'd obey lawful orders from Obama. He looks like he's got it for 4 years. It's time to lock and **** for the next Regan.

    Thanks Shifty!

    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    2008 AFC East Champions

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    7,615
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinPhan1227 View Post
    It seems likely that Obama will be the President-elect. He will as such be MY President. I will most likely disagree with virtually every policy the man proposes. I will also most likely hate the direction he wants to take the country. But he will nonetheless be my President. The office he holds will retain my respect, regardless of my opinions of the man who holds it. I hope and pray that my opinions of the man are completely wrong. I hope that he makes me look like an idiot by actually improving the country rather than damaging it further. In short, my hopes and prayers go with the man. And in the inimical words of Forest Gump, "that's all I have to say about that".

    where have you been? You've missed one heck of an election year.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    2008 AFC East Champions

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    7,615
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So, does this mean any criticism of Obama will be met with people yelling "Stop Obama bashing," etc.?


    And you do realize GWB avoided mandatory military service as well, right?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    PhinPhan1227's Avatar
    Why is there a watermelon there?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    15,647
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, I only got off dial-up a month ago, and then had to deal with
    Hurricane Ike. And honestly, I just couldn't bring myself to contest the combined weight of the Obama media. It's like arguing religion. Facts don't work, logic doesn't work. I concluded a while ago that it was probably innevitable. My first hope is that Obama and the Dems do a wonderful job despite all evidence to the contrary. My alternate hope is that with nobody to point the finger at for four years(I'm sure that Bush will STILL get the blame for every time a drunk guy gets shot down by a hot girl, along with every other evil in the world), that America wakes up, the Reps pull their heads out of their rectums, and America gets back on track in 2012.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    PhinPhan1227's Avatar
    Why is there a watermelon there?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    15,647
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ih8brady View Post
    So, does this mean any criticism of Obama will be met with people yelling "Stop Obama bashing," etc.?


    And you do realize GWB avoided mandatory military service as well, right?
    There's criticism that retains respect for the office, and then there's the Rosie Odonnel type crap that does NOT. Criticism can take a myriad of forms, some are appropriate, some are not.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2004
    Posts:
    2,683
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Hot as hell, South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GoonBoss View Post
    If he's the POTUS, he's my president just like any other one. In the Army, I obeyed every order from that draft dodger POS Clinton, and, I'd obey lawful orders from Obama. He looks like he's got it for 4 years. It's time to lock and **** for the next Regan.
    It's official now, Obama is our next President.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    MDFINFAN's Avatar
    Reach for the Stars

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2002
    Posts:
    21,346
    vCash:
    1403
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinPhan1227 View Post
    There's criticism that retains respect for the office, and then there's the Rosie Odonnel type crap that does NOT. Criticism can take a myriad of forms, some are appropriate, some are not.
    He's backkkkkkkkkk/////////////!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,236
    vCash:
    13465
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish54 View Post
    It's official now, Obama is our next President.
    Took Carter to get Regan. Notice you won't see me running around with tears rolling down my cheeks like those knuckleheads after Kerry lost...Nor will I be threateneing to move anywhere, or say BO isn't my president. I'm deeply saddened, but, the Republican party has saddened me for a long time.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    PhinPhan1227's Avatar
    Why is there a watermelon there?

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2002
    Posts:
    15,647
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    No matter where I go, there I am.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hola MD!! Salutations from another "uneducated" McCain supporter.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-31-2012, 11:45 AM
  2. Parish President: President Obama 'Chewed Me Out'
    By BAMAPHIN 22 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2010, 02:19 PM
  3. Does President Obama Lie?
    By SnakeoilSeller in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 05:11 PM
  4. Obama as a War President
    By FinFatale in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2008, 01:53 AM
  5. Obama for president
    By Walking25 in forum Political | War Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2006, 03:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •