Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Fireman Ed calls Jets Gang Greed

  1. -1
    Finch83's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2005
    Posts:
    521
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Peachtree City, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Fireman Ed calls Jets Gang Greed

    Fireman Ed calls Jets Gang Greed

    BY Rich Cimini
    DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER
    Tuesday, November 4th 2008, 12:52 AM



    Appleton/News
    Jets fan 'Fireman Ed' isn't a supporter of the Jets' decision to implement PSLs.

    Fireman Ed is mad. M-A-D, Mad! Mad! Mad!

    The Jets' most famous supporter, Ed Anzalone is appalled and disappointed that his beloved team is requiring most its fan base to purchase personal seat licenses. After months of holding his tongue, Anzalone, a season ticket holder since 1976, is ready to stand up and boo.

    "I love the New York Jets, I love the green and white and I love the fans - I have nothing but passion for the fans and the team - but the organization has continued to drop the ball," Anzalone said.

    In a phone interview, which included a lengthy rant against owner Woody Johnson for his decision to co-own the new stadium with the Giants, Anzalone claimed the Jets are ripping off the common fan.

    "This is pathetic," says Anzalone, who owns four seats in section 134, where the PSL would be $10,000 or $12,500 per seat. "I'm so twisted by the fact that they went with the Giants to begin with. Now you're going to have the (audacity) to charge your fans twice?"

    Anzalone, a stadium icon known for leading the celebrated "J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!" cheer, says he pays full price for his tickets.
    But for how much longer?

    "You won't see me in these seats (in the new stadium)," said Anzalone, 49, who retired last year from the city's fire department. "I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe I'll go upstairs. Maybe I'll fork over four grand for an end-zone seat. I love the Jets so much, maybe I'll get my tickets on Stub Hub.

    "I just want to enjoy this year and next," he continued. "Maybe, with a little of God's luck, we'll win a championship. If that happens, I'm moving on, bro."

    _______________________________________

    I have always hated this guy but I definitely see where he is coming from. With that being said, Fireman Ed is a guido meathead.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    9,049
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    S.Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about simply lowering the amount of money it takes to play football in the NFL? Seriously, why does a LT need to make 12 Mill a year, before endoursements?? Give all players a base salary of no more then 1 Mill a year for QB's down to 100,000 a year for kickers. Let the players make their big bucks through marketing.

    Everyone wins, the fans have lower ticket prices, the owners make more money and the players still make a fantastic living playing a game. How frikin hard could it possibly be?? If players are worried about injuries....buy extra INSURANCE, or don't play!!! Firefighters and Police officers do a much more dangerous job everyday and they don't make 100 mil dollars to do it, why should athelets???

    Name one person on this site or any site for that matter that wouldn't kick a football for a 100 grand a year?? Name one that wouldn't line up behind center for a Mil a year? My point is there's no need to pay a sports star 100 mill to play a sport, I don't give a damn how good you are, it's a sport, not brain surgery or cancer research, it's a frikin game.

    Not only do you get the perks of being in the limelight, you then make ridiculous amounts of money to boot? What the hell did these guy's ever do to deserve this kind of lifestyle? Run fast? Catch a ball?? Hell when I was a kid, there was nothing I loved more then playing football in the empty lot in my neighborhood, I did it for nothing but the love of the game. It's truly insane. Sometimes capitalism sucks!!!
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    djfresh47's Avatar
    R.I.P. djfresh47

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    4,858
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain View Post
    How about simply lowering the amount of money it takes to play football in the NFL? Seriously, why does a LT need to make 12 Mill a year, before endoursements?? Give all players a base salary of no more then 1 Mill a year for QB's down to 100,000 a year for kickers. Let the players make their big bucks through marketing.

    Everyone wins, the fans have lower ticket prices, the owners make more money and the players still make a fantastic living playing a game. How frikin hard could it possibly be?? If players are worried about injuries....buy extra INSURANCE, or don't play!!! Firefighters and Police officers do a much more dangerous job everyday and they don't make 100 mil dollars to do it, why should athelets???

    Name one person on this site or any site for that matter that wouldn't kick a football for a 100 grand a year?? Name one that wouldn't line up behind center for a Mil a year? My point is there's no need to pay a sports star 100 mill to play a sport, I don't give a damn how good you are, it's a sport, not brain surgery or cancer research, it's a frikin game.

    Not only do you get the perks of being in the limelight, you then make ridiculous amounts of money to boot? What the hell did these guy's ever do to deserve this kind of lifestyle? Run fast? Catch a ball?? Hell when I was a kid, there was nothing I loved more then playing football in the empty lot in my neighborhood, I did it for nothing but the love of the game. It's truly insane. Sometimes capitalism sucks!!!
    I think the average career of an NFL player used to be like 3.5 years or around there. The little guy gets kicked in the balls. Though it's a players league and I think the guys deserve all the money they get. Rookie salaries are ridiculous? Though if they went to a different system I gurantee the NFLPA would want rookie contracts to be 3 years. Which isn't enough time to see what you've got in a player. The owners are doing ridiculously well, the players who aren't from the 60's or 70's seem to be doing well.

    Paying to see a team like the Marlins who don't put a dime towards there franchise and paying to see the most popular sport in the US is apples to oranges to me. If the NFL wants to do something to help the fans. Quit sending teams to Europe to play to generate more money.

    Firefighters and cops have a much more dangerous job. Though it doesn't garner as much attention as the NFL. Few people have enough ability to become a Pro so that drives the demand up for the few.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    nyjunc's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    28,755
    vCash:
    32099
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blog Entries:
    1
    I have no probelm w/ players making all they can, the ticket sales are not paying for the players salaries. It is a joke that 2 teams are building a Stadium and charging PSL's. If the jets got the NYC Stadiu by themselves I would have nopt had any problem w/ it but this is greed. PSL's are supposed to give you 1st choice to any event at the venue but now we have 2 PSL holders per seat so how does that work? it's a sham, they are getting rid of the real fans and they'll make more $ in the short tyerm but they'll pay somewhere down the road.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    emeraldfin's Avatar
    Gary Speed RIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    4,778
    vCash:
    18
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djfresh47 View Post

    If the NFL wants to do something to help the fans. Quit sending teams to Europe to play to generate more money.
    Pure ignorant statement. What about the European fans? If you did'nt know there was 83,000 people in Wembley stadium to see the Chargers vs the Saints. I travelled over from Ireland to see that game. When I was over there I met people from Denmark, Holland & Germany who spent there hard earned money going to see an NFL game in a different country because it may well be the only time they ever see one. We dont have the privilege to see an NFL team or college team every week.

    There are many people from all over Europe who love the NFL, who stay up to all hours of the night, spent time on their teams fan forum, buy gamepass to watch there team and buy there teams jersey.

    But eh, I suppose your right, why ****ing bother with allowing these so called European "fans" see one game .
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    djfresh47's Avatar
    R.I.P. djfresh47

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jun 2004
    Posts:
    4,858
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    Pure ignorant statement. What about the European fans? If you did'nt know there was 83,000 people in Wembley stadium to see the Chargers vs the Saints. I travelled over from Ireland to see that game. When I was over there I met people from Denmark, Holland & Germany who spent there hard earned money going to see an NFL game in a different country because it may well be the only time they ever see one. We dont have the privilege to see an NFL team or college team every week.

    There are many people from all over Europe who love the NFL, who stay up to all hours of the night, spent time on their teams fan forum, buy gamepass to watch there team and buy there teams jersey.

    But eh, I suppose your right, why ****ing bother with allowing these so called European "fans" see one game .

    I get what the NFL is doing. Though I think it's spitting in the face of season ticket holders and fans when they take away a home game from a team. Plus it hurts the team. No home-field advantage for one team. It's a neutral site game that a team has to have their bye week after out of necessity.

    Fans went to the game that's great. Buffalo made a cash grab to play in Toronto but that's not working for the fans. I think it's bs the Dolphins had a home game last year overseas. If they were in contention I think it's an extreme disadvantage to the team to have a "home-game," in Europe.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    emeraldfin's Avatar
    Gary Speed RIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    4,778
    vCash:
    18
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djfresh47 View Post
    I get what the NFL is doing. Though I think it's spitting in the face of season ticket holders and fans when they take away a home game from a team. Plus it hurts the team. No home-field advantage for one team. It's a neutral site game that a team has to have their bye week after out of necessity.

    Fans went to the game that's great. Buffalo made a cash grab to play in Toronto but that's not working for the fans. I think it's bs the Dolphins had a home game last year overseas. If they were in contention I think it's an extreme disadvantage to the team to have a "home-game," in Europe.
    In week 8? Seasons are hardly won and lost by that stage now are they? Thats why the games are played around week 8. How did that game hurt the Saints? Any neutral fan at that game was cheering for the Saints. It ment 1000's of jerseys and other Saint apperal was sold. It created a whole new fan base for the Saints = more revenue for the league.

    As for the fans in New Orlenes? As I said earlier its not as if the franchise is being taken away from them, its one game. Also the Saints wont be back next year or any other year for the Internation Series so its one game in their entire history. After everything the Saints fans in NO have been through with rumours of the team leaving and the aftermath of Katrina, do you seriously think they will be that upset letting European fans have one game of football?
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,236
    vCash:
    13465
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain View Post
    How about simply lowering the amount of money it takes to play football in the NFL? Seriously, why does a LT need to make 12 Mill a year, before endoursements?? Give all players a base salary of no more then 1 Mill a year for QB's down to 100,000 a year for kickers. Let the players make their big bucks through marketing.

    Everyone wins, the fans have lower ticket prices, the owners make more money and the players still make a fantastic living playing a game. How frikin hard could it possibly be?? If players are worried about injuries....buy extra INSURANCE, or don't play!!! Firefighters and Police officers do a much more dangerous job everyday and they don't make 100 mil dollars to do it, why should athelets???

    Name one person on this site or any site for that matter that wouldn't kick a football for a 100 grand a year?? Name one that wouldn't line up behind center for a Mil a year? My point is there's no need to pay a sports star 100 mill to play a sport, I don't give a damn how good you are, it's a sport, not brain surgery or cancer research, it's a frikin game.

    Not only do you get the perks of being in the limelight, you then make ridiculous amounts of money to boot? What the hell did these guy's ever do to deserve this kind of lifestyle? Run fast? Catch a ball?? Hell when I was a kid, there was nothing I loved more then playing football in the empty lot in my neighborhood, I did it for nothing but the love of the game. It's truly insane. Sometimes capitalism sucks!!!
    Four letters. NFLPA.

    The market has not fallen for the NFL yet. The market has proven it will bear whatever gouge the NFL, owners and players want to give, and, will coming back, grubbing on it's knees, begging all of the afore mentioned parties for more. As long as we like the boot of the NFL, they've got thier heel on our throats. There's no use getting upset about it as you go to buy your NFL licensed authentic jersey, or other gear...Even down to the hat and keyrings. Keep throwing money at the NFL and they will continue to treat the fans like garbage. We are what we prove to the NFL we are.

    The minute Ed tosses his season tickets back in the owner's faces..You know what they do? Sell those tickets and the PSL's to one of the people whose been on the waiting list for the last 10 years. Why should the owners change the way they do buisness?

    Thanks Shifty!

    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,236
    vCash:
    13465
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    In week 8? Seasons are hardly won and lost by that stage now are they? Thats why the games are played around week 8. How did that game hurt the Saints? Any neutral fan at that game was cheering for the Saints. It ment 1000's of jerseys and other Saint apperal was sold. It created a whole new fan base for the Saints = more revenue for the league.

    As for the fans in New Orlenes? As I said earlier its not as if the franchise is being taken away from them, its one game. Also the Saints wont be back next year or any other year for the Internation Series so its one game in their entire history. After everything the Saints fans in NO have been through with rumours of the team leaving and the aftermath of Katrina, do you seriously think they will be that upset letting European fans have one game of football?
    You have obviously never been to NOLA. Yes. They will be upset. You know who will be the most upset? The hotel association, the vendors, the cabbies, the Burboun Street club owners....NOLA's lifes blood is tourism. I don't mean, kinda sorta. I mean upwards of 75% of it's econemy. Every event taken from that city is food out of families mouths, who can least afford for it to be gone.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    GoonBoss's Avatar
    Finheaven Templar

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    19,236
    vCash:
    13465
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    Pure ignorant statement. What about the European fans? If you did'nt know there was 83,000 people in Wembley stadium to see the Chargers vs the Saints. I travelled over from Ireland to see that game. When I was over there I met people from Denmark, Holland & Germany who spent there hard earned money going to see an NFL game in a different country because it may well be the only time they ever see one. We dont have the privilege to see an NFL team or college team every week.

    There are many people from all over Europe who love the NFL, who stay up to all hours of the night, spent time on their teams fan forum, buy gamepass to watch there team and buy there teams jersey.

    But eh, I suppose your right, why ****ing bother with allowing these so called European "fans" see one game .
    Nothing against Euro fans. God bless every one of you. I wish *I* had the right to purchase season pass like you guys. A couple hundered bucks to watch the Dolphins on my CPU every week? Hog heaven baby! I can't get season pass, because I had to shut off my Dish Network, so, I'm just sucking. The point you can't deny is that a home game is taken from a team, and, if they are in contention, it is a disadvantage for that team.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 71
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 07:11 PM
  2. Wow. The Jets Fans are even turning against Fireman ED
    By kellyh3034 in forum Beasts of the AFC East
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-05-2012, 11:39 PM
  3. Fireman Ed on the Jets Loss Today...
    By JCane in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 12:11 PM
  4. Fireman Ed after the Phins beat the Jets....
    By Heisenphin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-01-2009, 11:49 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •