Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Walter football 3 round mock 06/11

1. -1
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks

Walter football 3 round mock 06/11

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

here's what they have in store for us !

#13 Miami Dolphins: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State
    Collecting reject corners from other teams may sound like fun, but it really sucks once the opposing offense starts throwing all over you. Go figure.

Miami's secondary is unquestionably one of the league's worst. Despite completely stopping Trent Edwards, the Dolphins still rank 26th against the pass, giving up 7.8 yards per attempt. Click here for the most accurate Run and Pass Defense Rankings.
    #44 Miami Dolphins: Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU
    The Dolphins have tried to fill the split end position with bums like Ernest Wilford and Derek Hagan, but ultimately they'll need to draft a larger wideout to complement Ted Ginn relatively early. At 6-3, 210, Brandon LaFell definitely fits that description.
    #59 Miami Dolphins: Derek Pegues, FS, Mississippi State
    Basically the best defensive back available for the Dolphins, who are really hurting in the secondary. It's really no surprise that they're 26th in pass defense; the corners suck, Yeremiah Bell is very mediocre and Jason Allen has lost his job to the pedestrian, free-agent-to-be Renaldo Hill. Major upgrades are needed everywhere.
    #81 Miami Dolphins: Coye Francies, CB, San Jose State
    Could the Dolphins really go cornerback twice in the first three rounds? Given how terrible their secondary is and their 26th ranking against the pass, I would say so.

I don't know a whole lot about those guys (especially the last two), and i think it's about right as far as position picks... i'd see a OLB over one of the cornerbacks though

SIG BET VICTIM
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Pegues is a pretty good prospect and is a ball hawk.

Don't know anything about Francies. According to NFLDC, he spent 2 years in JUCO. Went to Oregon State, sat out a year as he transferred to SJSU. Not really high on their rankings either.

Could be a better draft
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Francies may have potential to be a good CB.... a lot of people around the WAC compare him to Dwight Lowery. Obvious comparison though as they both went to the same school and play the same position....with the same scheme.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Disagree with almost the whole Mock.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The U

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    Disagree with almost the whole Mock.
    Yeah I really dont like it. Plus, how many times does he say our secondary sucks, and I think Bell is way better then mediocre.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IDFinFan View Post
    Francies may have potential to be a good CB.... a lot of people around the WAC compare him to Dwight Lowery. Obvious comparison though as they both went to the same school and play the same position....with the same scheme.

I have been able to watch Francies in person on a couple of different occasions. He is probably more athletic than Lowery although not as big and I have been very impressed by his man to man coverage skills. At this stage I think he is a better man cover corner than Lowery. However, he has some knucklhead issues in his past which might mean that he will not even be on MIA's Board.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finfan3223 View Post
    Yeah I really dont like it. Plus, how many times does he say our secondary sucks, and I think Bell is way better then mediocre.
    Only 1 I find reasonable is Peagues in the 3rd, he's a very talented FS. This guy obviously knows nothing of the fins or Parcells. Parcells won't draft a CB in the 1st I guarantee it. He goes OLB in the 1st, with ILB/CB/NT/WR/possible OT depending on Carey's situation in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The U

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R_Express View Post
    Only 1 I find reasonable is Peagues in the 3rd, he's a very talented FS. This guy obviously knows nothing of the fins or Parcells. Parcells won't draft a CB in the 1st I guarantee it. He goes OLB in the 1st, with ILB/CB/NT/WR/possible OT depending on Carey's situation in the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds.

I agree
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Ted Hill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh wow. I love Brandon LaFell but he is a junior and I don't know if he's coming out this year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Damn, he's harsh, lol. Disagree with most of it. Aaron Curry seems more appropriate for Miami. And i bet anything that Bill Parcells will pick a NT in this draft. Either Terrance Taylor or B.J Ralil
    Quote Quote