Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some advice

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Churubusco, Indiana
    Thanks / No Thanks

I need some advice

Okay, I was thinking that I might get an Xbox 360 for Christmas, mainly because almost all of my friends have one, and only of a few have a PS3, and I like to play online most of the time.

Now, I already have a PS3. Basically, I would play the same games and whatever. So, I was considering selling my PS3 to help get money for the 360, but I've bought alot of songs on Rock Band, so I feel that would be like a waste.

I could still do that though, I barely play Rock Band anymore.

Or, I could just get a 360 and have both. Which would be cool to have both, but I would probably end up playing only one of the systems 90% of the time. Plus, I wouldn't have any help for the 360 price, but it would be a Christmas present anyways, so why worry?
    What would you guys do?

by the way, I have a job, so if it were too expensive, I could help pay for some of it too.

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love my 360. I really don't see any point in having a 360 and a PS3, unless of course you're rich and it doesn't really matter. If i were you, I would take the PS3 and all your games to Gamestop and trade them in for Gamestop Credit, then use that to help buy the 360 and some games
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    G.O.A.T

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    never sell ur ps3 its amazing!!!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm of the mind that i would keep my ps3 if i already had one (which i don't) just because there are a few....very few...good exclusives for that system. i'd sell it if i really needed the extra help. plus...now, you can get a basic 360 for 100 bucks. of course, you'd then need to buy a hard drive which will run you another 100 bucks (i've had a 20 gig hd since i got my 360 and no problems with storage space so far...but i delete any demos/videos/whatever after i play/watch them, and i don't buy many XBLA games). there's also all sorts of bundles out there now, each with a few shovelware games and at least 1 really good game

it also depends on the games you like. the only games i would want a ps3 for are MGS4, god of war 3 (when it comes out), resistance 2, and drakes fortune, but i also know that none of those would get nearly the amount of playtime that games on my 360 would, due to the fact that most/all of my friends own a 360 and maybe 1 or 2 own a ps3. any other good games on ps3 are also on 360. and plus...360's online service is far and beyond better than anything else on wii/ps3
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i have both systems i basicly have the ps3 for a blu ray player and play all my games on the 360 remember to get an elite if u get a 360
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i sold my ps3-
    had both syatems for about a year-
    problem was, never played the ps3-
    see, the 360 has this stupid little thing called gamerscore-
    and well-
    i guess stupid is as stupid does-
    becuz if a game(any game) were available for either system, i would
    always get the 360 version-
    ps3 was just collecting dust-
    sold it and the only game i had for $250-
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wheatland, WY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gears of War tagPlaystation LogoCam Wake 91PS4 Controller2013 Dolphins Logo
    My brother and I have both systems, but I find that I play his 360 more then my PS3 so I say sell it and get you a 360. There is no need to have both.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maccachief View Post
    i'm of the mind that i would keep my ps3 if i already had one (which i don't) just because there are a few....very few...good exclusives for that system. i'd sell it if i really needed the extra help. plus...now, you can get a basic 360 for 100 bucks. of course, you'd then need to buy a hard drive which will run you another 100 bucks (i've had a 20 gig hd since i got my 360 and no problems with storage space so far...but i delete any demos/videos/whatever after i play/watch them, and i don't buy many XBLA games). there's also all sorts of bundles out there now, each with a few shovelware games and at least 1 really good game

it also depends on the games you like. the only games i would want a ps3 for are MGS4, god of war 3 (when it comes out), resistance 2, and drakes fortune, but i also know that none of those would get nearly the amount of playtime that games on my 360 would, due to the fact that most/all of my friends own a 360 and maybe 1 or 2 own a ps3. any other good games on ps3 are also on 360. and plus...360's online service is far and beyond better than anything else on wii/ps3
    I really don't think we'll be seeing as many exclusive titles for the 360 anymore. Developers are coming around and everything the PS3 has to offer just BLOWS the 360 away. It was harder to make games for the PS3, but now that developers are realizing the PS3's capabilities, they're going to want their games on that system.

A huge knock on the PS3 since it came out was the lack of titles, but this is changing and will continue to change.

As far as the online service. I would hold off your judgement until we can see what Sony can do with Home. I really don't understand the hype, but I've heard that it is amazing.

To the original poster: Hold onto your PS3. It might sound like a good idea to sell it now, but I think you'll regret it in a year.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i have both systems also, and like everyone i play the xbox more than ps3. i just got the ps3 for the blu ray
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Smoke and Fly

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    M.I.A.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I WISH i had both. God OF WAR and MEtal Gear are reason enough to keep the PS3 plus you throw in the blueray and its all good. If i were you i would keep both unless your financial situation doesnt permit that(thats why i only have a 360)
    Quote Quote