Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Hybrid View

1. -1
    Misery Loves Company

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Xbox LogoPlaystation LogoSnakes!Cam Wake 91Tannehill 17

Blade Runner: The Final Cut

Alright so I have netflix and this was newly released, so I figured it should be worth it for the uncut footage, unfortunately it seems the only uncut footage i've seen up to this point is some type of daydream Deckard has about a unicorn.

The sound, and visual quality is awesome, the other versions i've seen were all "dark and dreary" but even at nighttime in this version the bright neon lights seem to capture the eyes and give them something to focus on in the gloom. The sound clearly is better than previous versions, and doesn't sound like they are talking in a tunnel.

So if you've seen it before you already know the story, and it is probably Haurers best role and certainly by his own admission is his best most enduring role ( Blade Runner was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant") and honestly it could be argued that it is one of Ford's finest.

So the question remains is Deckard a replicant? The added footage of the unicorn memory and the end of the film would suggest that he is, Harrison Ford said often that Deckard was human, and Scott said in the beginning that he was human only to change his mind later on.

So human or not, This version is worth seeing if you haven't seen this movie in a while or if you've never seen the director's cut. On the whole i'd have to give it 4.5/5 because i'm not a big fan of messing with a classic (Han shot first!!!).

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hot as hell, South Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've just watched this movie for the first time just last month. I really enjoyed it. I wish I would have waited for the director's cut, guess I'll have to check it out. What's one more movie for my queue going to hurt.

I say Deckard is human, but who knows?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    2008 AFC East Champions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    One of my very favorites. The Final Cut is truly the best version, Scott had complete say and control over the final touches and it shows. Errors like the audio failure at Taffey Lewis, the skylines at the finale, and the unneeded narration(which did have it's charms I must admit) really made it shine like fine polish on a shoe. I liked the deleted scenes, but can understand why they remained on the cutting room floor. Still, a flawless detective story on one hand and a dark tale of the future and ethical questions about technology on the other. Check out any or all of the available version of the film, they're definitely worth it!

btw, my opinion is that Deckard was not a replicant because he was never addressed by his first name (like the replicants were) and more importantly it would not make sense for the police to program a replicant to hunt other replicants when you give that replicant the mindset of a disgruntled, disinterested retiree.
    Quote Quote