Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: help need advice

1. -1
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

help need advice

okay i recently moved to asia, back home in the US i have a 360 and a bunch of games but i didnt have enought room to bring it with me. in a few weeks a relative is comming here and i have a chance for her to bring the 360 and my games with me, but i think the volt here are different then US i just checked and its 240volts i think so im not sure if my 360 would even work here, curently i have a adapter on it and it works fine but i dont know if it would be fine for the 360 and dnt want to blow it up . ALSO instead of bringing my 360 over they sell game consoles here but are PRETTY expensive 450-550$ for ps3 or 360, plus they dont have many newer games for the ps3 but have a few new games for the 360 back home i have alot of games( gow,gta4,nba,madden,fifa,cod4,ect ect which i can just bring here ...what do you guy think i should do? bring my 360 over just buy a console here and if i get a new one what should it be? i love 360 live its like the the best thing ever but my 360 has already broken 2 times and im in a 3rd ward country so i dont want it to be breaking down here. tut both consoles have pretty much the same games i am in love with gow and know ps3 doesnt have it but metel gear solide seems nice i usually just play nba2k9 madden gow and gta4 so thats prob the only games ill buy.
    also do all games work with all system? if i bring my US 360 here and buy a game from here will it work ..same with ps3? sorry for the long post THANKS!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My advice is put the video games down and find yourself a hot asian girl to play with instead.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    believe me ive been looking but its REALLLY weird here all the guys are so shy(seem really gayish too) all i want to do is talk to these girls but the guys keep telling me not to cause its rude and disrespectful and i will get in trouble of soome sort haha but i still do with nice manners and the girls dont respone they just keep walking.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    and also what does pal ntsc-j and ntsc u/c mean?
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boone, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finsheatcanes View Post
    and also what does pal ntsc-j and ntsc u/c mean?
    that stuff has to do with the tv output used in various regions of the world. PAL is what is used in europe, ntsc u/c is used in north america (United states and Canada, hence the u/c), and ntsc j is used in Japan. you would have to find a converter to use any of your US stuff on a european TV. but since the ntsc j is a variant of ntsc u/c, you might not need a converter...but don't quote me on that.

also...any game that you buy in asia would have to be a region free game, meaning that you can play it on any system from any region. if you buy a region-specific game, you can only play that game on a system from that same region. i think the ps3 is region free actually...so you might not need to worry about that (someone who owns a ps3...could you verify this?) but i'm pretty sure the 360 is region-specific, so you'd have to import (from USA) anything you buy for the 360, or buy a region-free copy.

hope this helped a little
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    thanks...so what do you think would be a better bet for me
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    im kind of rolling towards bring my 360 here with all my games and just buying the 09 madden and 2k and gow2 i already have cod4 gta4 and few other exciting games, but a ps3 would be nice here in india knowing blue-ray prob blow up here but i already checked out a store and they dont have many games AT all so i would beed to buy all the games i want from the US which are madden 09 2k9 cod4 mgs fifa which would get a little expensive 5 games plus a ps3. i check the store out for 360 games and they have a bunch of games newer ones too like gow2, but both systems are EXPENSIVE 450-550$. what do you guys think? trying to make my decision before black friday so i can tell my relative to buy it while they might be cheap over holidays to bring over also hopefully it wont get knock around in the suitcase and airport.
    Quote Quote