Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Most approve of Obama's Cabinet picks, poll shows

1. -11
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon View Post
    So now you like NAFTA, Greenspan monetary policies, and deregulation of morgate direvitives? Not to mention the awsome job Rubin did at Citigroup the last 8 years, definately worth the $50 million he was paid this year.

Is Brownie available for FEMA? Cheney up for Department of Energy?
    NATA is a bipartisan deal, started by repubs and signed off by Clinton.. deregulation??????? Cititgroup is a recent problem, and is a part of the whole..but again, what position does he have in Obama's admin?
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newark, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphins9954 View Post
    Even the Neo-Cons like Obama picks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hLjniHoHSA

I'm sure without a doubt that the majority of those polled had no idea about who his picks are. I would have loved to see the people polled name at least 4 or 5 picks. Now that would have been fun to watch.
    are you implying that it's a bad thing that the republicans approve of his picks?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MDFINFAN View Post
    NATA is a bipartisan deal, started by repubs and signed off by Clinton.. deregulation??????? Cititgroup is a recent problem, and is a part of the whole..but again, what position does he have in Obama's admin?
    I was just questioning your "good job" under Clinton for this Obama advisor. Whether or not the NAFTA was bipartisan is irrelevent...unless you've changed your opposition to NAFTA and Nike and other foreign loss...if so, my bad. As for the rest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Rubin

Arthur Levitt Jr., a former chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, has said in explaining Mr Rubin's strong opposition to the regulations proposed by Ms Born that Mr. Greenspan and Rubin were "joined at the hip on this." "They were certainly very fiercely opposed to this and persuaded me that this would cause chaos." [9]

According to the New York Times, "In November 1999, senior regulators—including Mr. Greenspan and Mr. Rubin—recommended that Congress permanently strip the CFTC of regulatory authority over derivatives."[9] This advice was accepted and derivatives were kept clear of regulation by the CFTC.
    The government’s rescue of Citi in 2008 provided a reminder of Rubin’s attempt earlier in the decade to prop up Enron, then a Citi client, by asking a Treasury official to lean on credit rating agencies to maintain a more positive rating than Enron deserved.[12]
    Good: He, Summers, and Greenspan bailed out Mexico, Russia, Latin American financial markets...although like NAFTA, bailouts aren't universaly accepted as 'good'.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshlemon View Post
    So now you like NAFTA, Greenspan monetary policies, and deregulation of morgate direvitives? Not to mention the awsome job Rubin did at Citigroup the last 8 years, definately worth the $50 million he was paid this year.

Is Brownie available for FEMA? Cheney up for Department of Energy?
    Personally I agree with most of Rubin's policies while part of the cabinet, and disagree with others. But its the man's intelligence that is respected. If Obama can bring people of his caliber on as advisers, regardless of their ideological leanings, he'll be in good shape.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Win Baby View Post
    are you implying that it's a bad thing that the republicans approve of his picks?

I'm implying it's a bad thing when Neo-Cons approve of his picks.

"Politics is the Art of Looking for Trouble, Finding it Everywhere, Diagnosing it Incorrectly, and Applying the Wrong Remedies"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Add another Neo-Con to the list. This time it's Karl Rove.

Rove: Obama security team represents continuity

President Bush's former political director says the national security team named by President-elect Barack Obama "represents, to a substantial degree, continuity" especially in hot spots like Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Karl Rove said on NBC's "Today" show the naming of the national security team is "a reminder that continuity exists particularly in our foreign and international relations."

Rove pointed to the retention of Defense Secretary Robert Gates and the naming of James Jones as national security adviser, a Vietnam war veteran who rose to become a Marine four-star general and served as military chief of NATO during the Bush administration. Obama also named Hillary Rodham Clinton as his nominee for secretary of state.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...5iW8AD94QJ6UG0
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the same people implementing the policies in no way means the same policy

gates will carry out the presidents orders, or be fired. Obama just didn't want to switch the SOD in the middle of a war.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton View Post
    I have to say that I am a big fan of Susan Rice. I really hope she finds her way to Secretary of State in the immediate future.
    I thought I would bring this back considering my four year old prediction/desire seems likely to become true.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    cowboy surfer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Los Angeles
    Thanks / No Thanks
    she sounds qualified, she's knows how to mislead
    Quote Quote