Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: COMMENTARY: Playoffs: FinHeaven's Recipe to get there

1. -11
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Reston, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Clean View Post
    There is a legitimate scenario where Miami is the 2nd playoff seed. Miami would have to win all four remaining games. Pittsburgh would have to lose the following games:

Week 14: Dallas at Pittsburgh: 9-4
    Week 15: Pittsburgh at Baltimore: 9-5
    Week 16: Pittsburgh at Tennesee: 9-6

In week 17 the steelers can win at home against the browns and go 10-6. Miami's four wins would place them at 11-5 and earn the second seed. In addition, Baltimore would have to lose to Washington on Sunday and Dallas in two weeks.
    You call that legit?? Im sorry my friend, but that is reaching for the stars. Trust me, if that was to happen, I would be the happiest person on Earth, but I just dont find it too realistic. The Steelers are too good to lose all three of those games. But hey, I mean we did land on the moon so anything is possible. :wink:
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvin Clean View Post
    There is a legitimate scenario where Miami is the 2nd playoff seed. Miami would have to win all four remaining games. Pittsburgh would have to lose the following games:

Week 14: Dallas at Pittsburgh: 9-4
    Week 15: Pittsburgh at Baltimore: 9-5
    Week 16: Pittsburgh at Tennesee: 9-6

In week 17 the steelers can win at home against the browns and go 10-6. Miami's four wins would place them at 11-5 and earn the second seed. In addition, Baltimore would have to lose to Washington on Sunday and Dallas in two weeks.
    If Miami wins their next FOUR we win the AFC East and it doesn't matter what the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Jets or Pats do....we will be the Fricking AFC East champs.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman529 View Post
    If Miami wins their next FOUR we win the AFC East and it doesn't matter what the Steelers, Ravens, Colts, Jets or Pats do....we will be the Fricking AFC East champs.
    And now were down to THREE...go FINS!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Tagalager

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sacramento
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There should be no talking about playoffs unless we beat the niners and KC. If we lose one of those games, we're out. Now if we win both of those, our playoffs will start against the Jets on the last day of the regular season.
    "It's hard being a Dolphin fan all the way out here in Sacramento...I'm surrounded by fricken Winer fans and Raider fans...this sucks"
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Disgruntled

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Purgatory
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    Here is the 4 keys to getting to the playoffs, in order.

Win
    Win
    Win
    Win

There you go!
    I like this recipe the most

And while i'm here, does anybody know how to make Chicken a la King?
    "I told the team 7-9 is mediocre, and mediocrity is not going to be accepted here" - Tony Sparano

"Well the cool breeze came on Tuesday, And the corn's a bumper crop
    And the fields are full of dancin' Full of singin' and romancin'
    The music never stopped." - Bob Weir

Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TGall13 View Post
    There should be no talking about playoffs unless we beat the niners and KC. If we lose one of those games, we're out. Now if we win both of those, our playoffs will start against the Jets on the last day of the regular season.
    Excellent point. One game at a time is what I want from our coach and our team. The fans can entertain themselves with playoff hopes and dreams and scenarios, that's fine. But the path to the playoffs is still one game in front of the other.

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Are you a VIP?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TGall13 View Post
    I disagree. We can lose one of those games and still get in. We have no way of knowing what the Jets will do. They could lose one and then lose again to us. A lot can happen that would get us in...even with one loss to those teams.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    I disagree. We can lose one of those games and still get in. We have no way of knowing what the Jets will do. They could lose one and then lose again to us. A lot can happen that would get us in...even with one loss to those teams.
    But what about the Pats? If they win out, and we lose one game you think we can lose, they win the division, even if we beat the jets in week 17.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    danville va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphan7 View Post
    But what about the Pats? If they win out, and we lose one game you think we can lose, they win the division, even if we beat the jets in week 17.
    I hope we win out but the jets are falling apart and I think the pats will lose 1 more.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Why not us?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    York, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fin-atic View Post
    Yes this is exactly what I have been telling people. If we lose another game there is still a chance that the Jets lose another and I am certain New England will drop another game so we are still in good shape even if we drop a game. It would be ideal to have a cushion going into the Jets game though. In a perfect world, we win against SF and KC and the Jets drop another game.

2008 AFC EAST DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

Quote Quote