Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Most disturbing film

1. -91
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

2. -92
    Ours is the fury.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now that I've had time to collect my thoughts on Jesus Camp, I guess it's time I regurgitate them here as I have a lot of them.

I was as stunned as any of you who have seen it were immediately after watching it. I never knew there was a borderline boot camp for militant neo-puritanism. But at the same time, I was very saddened. This movie was somewhat of a flashback for me and probably was for a lot of other people too. Although it wasn't as bat**** insane as these people were, I was raised in a very similar environment. I used to do a number of the things you see those kids doing in that film. Pledging allegiance to the Christian flag and the bible in my little Christian school in Hobe Sound, FL., being force-fed the far-right's incessant and creepy infatuation with Israel (I noticed the kids holding an Israeli flag during their pledges), being taught that the earth is only 6,000 years old. Going back to Hobe Sound (as I did twice in the last year) as an adult now is pretty amazing. It's like going back to the 50s. But I also remember saving up all my money so I could buy the Pokemon Red Version for my GameBoy and loving every minute of playing it with my cousin who also had it, but then having my mother constantly breathing down my neck and taking it away from me as punishment when I acted out in even the slightest fashion mainly because she was afraid that the Pokemon were somehow "satanic" according to some email forwards. I remember being around kids like that little rat-tailed kid throughout my childhood and teenage years and then having one of my best friends morph into a carbon-copy of that kid right before HS seemingly overnight.

But the saddest part of that whole documentary, was the two little 9-10 year old girls. ****ing adorable, but man. Just wow. I wonder how they are now 5 years later.

Now the best part, was the Ted Haggard bit. Living out here right in the belly of this beast while that whole scandal erupted was the thing legends are made of. I was forced to go to New Life several times while that guy was still there and just thinking that something was a little "off" about him. Not to mention all the self-righteous "New Lifers" I had to endure at school and all over town. When we heard about that scandal, we were in the locker room right before football practice (at a Christian school mind you). Laughing, giggling, cracking jokes about hiring a few ripped dudes to come down and massage our weiners after practice. And then the biggest, most overt "New Life Insider" comes down into the room with this despondent look on his face and it gets silent and we're like, "Oh. Hey man. Heard anything new?"
    Quote Quote  

3. -93
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    The major death scene in "Ghost Ship" was pretty mesmerizing to me.

Quote Quote  

4. -94
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Two more come to mind to me because they could really happen and they were both freaky eerie.

The Strangers and The Last House On The Left.
    Quote Quote  

5. -95
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Another one that's bizarre is 'Funny Games'
    Quote Quote  

6. -96
    They looked like strong hands.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BobDole View Post
    i specifically mentioned this one in the first post of this thread. i don't think anyone should ever watch that movie. i wanted to murder random strangers after that travesty. the hell is wrong with people?
    I overlooked it by accident, probably because it wasn't numbered like the rest. I'm the opposite, I think EVERYONE should watch it. That way they see how bat sh*t crazy these evangelicals are...

If I could take your pain and frame it, and hang it on my wall,
    maybe you would never have to hurt again...

Quote Quote  

7. -97
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cannibal Holocaust (a 70's film. My uncle had the VHS tape and I saw it when I was like 13 years old..... it was basically the father of all fake "handheld shaky camera documentary goes wrong" films)

Requiem for a Dream

The Exorcist (again, my uncle had the VHS tape lol)

cant think of any more right now.
    Quote Quote