Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while.

1. -1
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks

Hey guys, I haven't been around for a while.

Whoa, I've been outta the loop for a while. This Chicago winter is really letting me down. It hasn't dropped below 0 yet once! And we have less the 20 inches of snow. What the heck is going on? I want strings of below 0 days and at least 2 or 3 blizzards! :yell: This doesn't feel right at all... Enough ranting now, what else is going on in my life. Oh yea! Like 13 I need a job so that's been a priority of mine, heh. I also need to purchase a replacement motherboard and processor for my desktop PC, so that job is SOOO important right now. I'm stuck on a PentiumII laptop at the moment, ick! :cry:

So what's been going on here since January 27 (my last login)? Anybody do anything fun, boring, insanely stupid, or intellectually stimulating?
    You mustn't think dirty thoughts!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Crank Yanker

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Inside your head
    Thanks / No Thanks

Whattup man

Yo, you haven't missed too much, just the usual incessant babbling and mindless drivel. At least here in the lounge that is.:cool: Just stats and such in the Dolphins section. Not too much into that. I'll wait till the draft.:cool: No snow huh? Can't feel too bad for ya, I'm a 7th generation Floridian, so no snow is good snow.:cool: However, if snow makes ya happy, let it snow. Welcome back......:cool:
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We have barely any snow here but it is still freezing. I can't wait till im out of school so I can move down to Miami. Hey, maybe I will go to college there.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Cunning Linguist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Honolulu, HI
    Thanks / No Thanks

College.....

College in Miami would be sweet, but I've been accepted to and am going to the University of Illinois at Chicago. Plus I finally get to live downtown in the city rather than in the "safe" and "secure" suburbs. At least the cops won't be so damn uptight about petty crap like parking and speeding tickets. Chicago cops have 1000 times more to worry about than any suburban cop.

Oh, and on the topic of cops, I found a great site that features stories and incidents of police brutality, intimidation, and abuse of power. Head on over to Copwatch and have a look see. Here is part of their mission statement.

This site is dedicated with respect and gratitude to the honest, courteous, and brave men and women of law enforcement, wheresoever they may be found.

It is also dedicated to the untold thousands of innocent, law-abiding American citizens who have been mistreated, harassed, brutalized or killed by law enforcement officials who are corrupt, incompetent, stupid, petty, self-aggrandizing, abusive, vindictive, brutal, undisciplined, vicious, or any combination thereof.

So yes, it isn't a site completely about "pigs" but that's what most of the content focuses on. This is one of the many alternative sources of media I look at each day, for I believe corporate mass media only prefers to give us the half-truth/one side of a story (U.S. military campaign in Afghanistan with little reporting on the over 3,000 civilian casualties there, just our quest of revenge against Bin Laden), focusing on an irrelevent part of a controversial event (for example, the WEF protests), or just plain telling the public what they want to hear (ignorance is not bliss my friends).

Heh, I might have offended some people there with some of those statements. I just went off on a tangent and started to rant, but it's good to get these things out while they are fresh in my mind. Peace out peeps.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's about 55-60 degrees out here.

Quote Quote