Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Mayock's top 20 senior prospects

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Mike Mayock's top 20 senior prospects

1. Aaron Curry
    2. Malcolm Jenkins
    3. Eugene Monroe
    4. Brandon Pettigrew
    5. Jason Smith
    6. Brian Orakpo
    7. Rey Maualuga
    8. B.J. Raji
    9. Brian Cushing
    10. Tyson Jackson
    11. Michael Oher
    12. Larry English
    13. James Laurinaitis
    14. William Moore
    15. Clint Sintim
    16. Alphonso Smith
    17. Max Unger
    18. Rashad Johnson
    19. Michael Johnson
    20. Louis Delmas

thoughts?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    based on the year each has had? good. Mayock has become the best draft guy over the past couple of years, and really most of the list has a lot of guys that had huge senior years to boost them up. Curry and Jenkins played lights out this year while guys like Rey Rey and Little Animal did not live up to their huge expectations.

A lot of the guys on that list though probably were not there at the beginning of the season. Not that they were poor players, but a lot of them just exploded as seniors. Jason Smith went from a very very good late first round pick to a top 10 prospect. Brian Orakpo is probably the biggest case as he went from a solid player that exploded under Will Mushcamp to an elite player.

The only player on that list that is probably overrated is Michael Johnson. Despite all the talent and potential, he is not productive.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So far right now i relaly like delmas.

a lot of talented players will drop to round 2 b/c a load of JRs are going to declare this year pushing back a lot of good prospects.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Believe In Miami

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    canada, Qc
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it's a good list... i'd put rashad a little higher but that's just me

SIG BET VICTIM
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    i thought Raji would be a lot higher on Mayock's list and i'm surprised he's the only BC Eagle on there ;-)
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80d41ead

here's the video of Mayock giving his list and talking about some of the guys.

Why did Curry have to be this good this year, he'd be perfect for our defense. Ah well, I would love to see us get either Delmas or English
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Good to see Cushing up that high, coz there's a good chance he ends up in Miami next season.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Delmas reminds me of Sanders from Indy. I love this kid but i doubt he lasts to our 2a pick.

and English seems to be a monsterrr and should be around for our 1st round pick.

If we can walk out of this with delmas and English taht will be very successfull already.

btw notice how curry notices the screen play and goes thast hwat im saying that Crowder lacks and him wanting 5 mill plus a year im sure will not be worthy of a guy that cant sniff out things like that.

its looking like Carey and Crowder will be goners this year while Bell and Goodman will be resigned. thats how i see it. Goodman will take lehans spot thats for sure.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    New season, new start

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lebanon, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SR 7 View Post
    Delmas reminds me of Sanders from Indy. I love this kid but i doubt he lasts to our 2a pick.

and English seems to be a monsterrr and should be around for our 1st round pick.

If we can walk out of this with delmas and English taht will be very successfull already.

btw notice how curry notices the screen play and goes thast hwat im saying that Crowder lacks and him wanting 5 mill plus a year im sure will not be worthy of a guy that cant sniff out things like that.

its looking like Carey and Crowder will be goners this year while Bell and Goodman will be resigned. thats how i see it. Goodman will take lehans spot thats for sure.
    Can you give me some particulars on Delmas and English? I'm not familar with either. School? Positions? etc. Also, why do you feel Carey (and I've seen others repeat this) and Crowder will not be resigned?

Jets fans are like slinkies, not good for much, except they do bring a to your face when you push them down a flight a stairs.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie23Brown View Post
    Can you give me some particulars on Delmas and English? I'm not familar with either. School? Positions? etc. Also, why do you feel Carey (and I've seen others repeat this) and Crowder will not be resigned?
    Delmas is a safety from Western Michigan and is the schools best prospect in 3 years (when Greg Jennings and Tony Scheffler were seniors). He's a tad short at 5'11, but is a ball hawk, and is a hard hitter. Think a taller Bob Sanders.

English plays DE at NOrthern Illinois and will be a OLB in the 3-4. Big time pass rusher with gawdy numbers.

Both are early 2nd rounders, but could rise to the mid 1st.

And you probably feel that way because Carey has been playing to not get hurt and has not played to his level. Crowder could get resigned but only if he lowers his asking price.
    Quote Quote