Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: For the Kids Too

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks

For the Kids Too

I am just so excited for this game on Sunday. And what makes it great for me. Is my 9 year old son. He is a Die Hard Dolphins fan cause of me and i no it. We live in Ohio and always have. But he has grown to love our dolphins. We watch every game together for about 3 years. So he is learning about the game. We had to go through last season with me. and we didnt like it, but we watched. And now he is just so ready to watch us beat the hated Jets, and make the playoffs. These r the games he will remember for ever. Besides the ones we go to every time the dolphins come close to Ohio. Anyways just wanted to say it is great to feel good about our team. I am very proud of them. And We our Ready to watch and for ever remember this game when we beat the Jets on sunday and go to the playoffs. WOW Go dolphins. And Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Alright, MIAMI!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamburg, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i hear you man. My little guy is becoming a big fan, and although still too young to watch the whole game(he is 3) he loves watching the end when they win.

I am going to this game and i can't wait to get me and tell him how awesome it was!!!
    FEAR THE WILDCAT!!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Juck the Fets

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins LogoTannehill 17
    Quote Originally Posted by rod557 View Post
    I am just so excited for this game on Sunday. And what makes it great for me. Is my 9 year old son. He is a Die Hard Dolphins fan cause of me and i no it. We live in Ohio and always have. But he has grown to love our dolphins. We watch every game together for about 3 years. So he is learning about the game. We had to go through last season with me. and we didnt like it, but we watched. And now he is just so ready to watch us beat the hated Jets, and make the playoffs. These r the games he will remember for ever. Besides the ones we go to every time the dolphins come close to Ohio. Anyways just wanted to say it is great to feel good about our team. I am very proud of them. And We our Ready to watch and for ever remember this game when we beat the Jets on sunday and go to the playoffs. WOW Go dolphins. And Merry Christmas to Everyone!!!
    I am with you on this. My son is 15 now. We started watching games together when he was 10. With youngsters being the way they are, I kept waiting to hear those dreaded words......"Dad, I think I am going to become a .....(insert team) fan". But I never heard them. He has stuck with the Fins the past 5 years, just like I have for the past 35. Before the second Patsies game this year he said "Dad, what is it like to watch the Dolphins in a playoff game?" After the game I told him "Well, I guess you won't find out this season". I told him that there is no way that the Fins win 5 in a row and win the division. Being the optimist that he is, he told me not to write them off just yet. During every game since then, I continued to throw out those negative lines; "Well that's it, they just blew that game." "They will never win now." "Same old Dolphins", "This game is over, no playoffs for another year." Each and every time my son would say "Dad, it's not over yet, they can still win." Needless to say, he has been right. He claims that we will beat the jest this weekend, of course I am not so positive. Man I hope that he is right again.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Section 211

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Key Biscayne, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    That's great man, i can't wait to do the same thing with my little dude! He's almost 4 yrs old, but he recognizes the Dolphins logo, says Marino when he sees my signed HOF Jersey on the wall & knows exactly what football is. He also loves to throw the ball with his dad! The thing is he's still a little bit too youung to watch a whole game with me. He starts to watch it, but then after a while he gets bored & goes straight to his toys, lol.

He does wear his Ronnie Brown jersey every Sunday, the best part about it is that he knows that on Sundays it's football day & he asks me or his mom to get his dofin jersey!!
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    My daughter is also 4 and recognizes the logo and has a dolphins cheerleader outfit. The problem is my son. He is 9 and is an honest Jests fan. Have to send him away every dolphins/jests game. He really wants to stick around this weekend. I guess we'll see how it goes up here in Winnipeg.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Section 211

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Key Biscayne, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins LogoCam Wake 91
    Quote Originally Posted by PEGFIN View Post
    The problem is my son. He is 9 and is an honest Jests fan. Have to send him away every dolphins/jests game.

I'm so sorry to hear that.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Just like me, my son has been a dolphin fan his whole life. He is only six! Every game he is right there watching it with me with his dolph gear on. I love him so much and we have that special bond together even more so because we share our team love. He wants the playoffs more than me this year. I want a superbowl, I am 37, I am a bit spoiled from all the great dolphin teams. He has never seen them in the playoffs and when they lose he is sad just like dad. I really hope they make it this year for sure. Either way its been a great season but we are going to cap it off with playoffs and a super bowl win. I believe and so does my son!!!
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PEGFIN View Post
    My daughter is also 4 and recognizes the logo and has a dolphins cheerleader outfit. The problem is my son. He is 9 and is an honest Jests fan. Have to send him away every dolphins/jests game. He really wants to stick around this weekend. I guess we'll see how it goes up here in Winnipeg.
    It's the opposite for me. I'm a dolphin fan while my dad's a jets fan. He's never given me a hard time though and is actually rooting for us to win this weekend
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it was great reading all of the replys to this post. i knew i wasnt the only one. Thinks to Parcells, and Saprano, It is now ours and our kids turn to watch good dolphin football, with playoff and superbowl aspirations again. GO DOLPHINS. We will be Watching.
    Quote Quote