Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: 2 Questions ..Signed Linebacker and a Concern

1. -1
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

2 Questions ..Signed Linebacker and a Concern

First, I'd like to say I think we should best the Jets, and we will beat the Jets. The one thing I am quite concerned with is the Jets gameplan.

If they attempt to spread us out, forcing our third and fourth corners to go one on one with slot recievers, much like the Pats did, this concerns me. The Pats killed us spreading in out, and K.C. hurt us doing the same thing (although I felt they should have run more).

I worry that the Jets can sum up enough of the spread, and enough of Thomas Jones, to give us a rough day. Farve can still throw the short quick passes.

Second, I worry much worse if Crowder doesn't play. What the status on him, and I just seen on ESPN that we signed a LB today. Who was it?

Go Phins
    "Joe Montana was a product of a system, Dan Marino was a system" -- Bill Walsh
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Ted Hill

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't worry about the Jets using the spread much. That is not what they do. Their running game is more of a pro-set power running game. They do sometimes use some gadget-type plays with Leon Washington or Brad Smith but we should be preparing for those. Brett Favre has been throwing mainly short passes. We need to tackle well and try to get quick pressure on him. Also, we don't have a similar threat of QB running like we did in Kansas City.

As for Channing Crowder, I don;t know. I think the LB signed was just for insurance, to have a veteran who can step in if needed.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is a thread dedicated to the LB we picked up - Derek Smith.

http://www.finheaven.com/f2/m...ed-238019.html

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Dawn of a new era

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newport News,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    will allen's hurt too...this doesn't look good for us.
    In his office Friday afternoon, Philbin pointed to the practice fields outside and said: "Out there is where we're going to find out about Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore and David Garrard. I don't remember a master plan that said, 'Here's when Ryan's going to play.' If there is one, I was never told about it. We'll let them come to work, and the best man will win."'
    Quote Quote