Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 09' Salary Cap?

1. -11
    I like your style Dude

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    703 Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Phins2Bowln06 View Post
    what do you guys think about maybe trading for B. Edwards? Signing Osi (corner from Raiders) or maybe Suggs. Then build more in the draft, I think we could use another couple OL and possibly a new center. Pash rushing LB would be nice too to have opposite of Porter. Maybe also get some DE that can rush the QB or another DT cause Ferggie is getting up there in age.
    Cleveland's asking price would probably be too high

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd give Asomugha whatever he wants. The guy takes out the opponents #1 guy no matter who he is.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaDolFan13 View Post
    According to Phinzilla we are 20 million under the cap and have 21.2 mill in dead cap that we should free up when the season is over.

That's roughly 41.2 million available for next year.

CAN THAT BE RIGHT? It seems ASTRONOMIMICAL

check this.........

[www.phinzmania.com]
    Thats my cap sheet, and you bet its right! We have a ton of dead cap coming off the books. I have my prelim 2009 sheet started and we are 30+ million under the cap. Dont forget, as players stay under contract, their salary goes up so it wont be quite 40 million.
    We have about 7 million in dead cap because of JT, McCown, Feely, Lehan, Peelle, and Hagan.

Remember, Crowder, Carey, Goodman, Hill, Bell are all free agents along with Crocker and Moses. All those contracts are gone.

Add it all up and its about 30 million. Figure Holliday and Wilford are potential cuts, and we are looking at 35 million under the cap. We can pretty much sign whoever we want, but I think we stay away from the extreme 10+ million a year high priced free agents.
    A Guide To Forum Posts:
    http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou

My Cap Page:
    LINK!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    DAYTONA DOLFAN 13

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    DAYTONA BEACH, FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thats my cap sheet, and you bet its right! -->> AWESOME INFO thank you. DAMN thats alot of money.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    wow thats a lot of money to mess with. i think most of us were in the woom the last time the fins had that much money to mess with
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood,Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ztfan54 View Post
    wow thats a lot of money to mess with. i think most of us were in the woom the last time the fins had that much money to mess with

Last time I heard the word woom I was in the WOMB!
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NF, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    cant wait for the offseason to fully start. But I would not want B.Edwards in a dolphins uniform people used to hate on chambers and I feel like edwards is a carbon copy of chambers. He drops the ball way to much.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    i found a site that lists us at 30.9 mil under the cap

http://www.phinzmania.com/view.php?pg=salarycap
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    MORE COWBELL!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Arlington, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greasyObnoxious View Post
    i found a site that lists us at 30.9 mil under the cap

http://www.phinzmania.com/view.php?pg=salarycap
    Again, thats my "prelim" cap sheet for 2009. See earlier post.

If you read the preface on the salary cap I wrote on that website, I currently have 43 contracts on the cap page. That 30.9 million only takes 43 contracts into account. I estimated the 2009 cap to be 123 million. Cap's take the top 51 contracts into count. Usually, the last few top contracts to be counted against the top 51 are minimum salary contracts, like rookies or special teams guys or backups.

I havent accounted for any camp fodder or minor roster signings, which Miami will make a lot of. (When I say fodder or minor contracts, I mean like Anthony Armstrong - 310k, Scorpio Barbers - 310k, Will Billingsley - 310k, Chris Brown - 310k, Joe Cohen - 310k, Lex Hilliard - 310k, Erik Walden - 385k, Matt McChesney - 460k, etc.) I think Miami will make a lot of those minor and camp fodder signings, and releases, and tracking each one of them and updating a minimum contract with another minimum contract is a very tedious job and usually results in no net change on the salary cap.

For comparison and estimating purposes heading into free agency, if you add 8 contracts (which because I am counting 43 contracts, 8 more are needed for the top 51 rule) at about 500k each (estimated minimum salary of camp fodder contracts), thats another 4 million, which would put us about 26 million under the cap if we counted 51 contracts.

There have been a few other media outlets which have put us at 24.5 million under the cap, which is pretty close to my estimated 26 million taking the top 51 rule into account.

Factor in rookie signings and us carrying about 2 million in cap space throughout the season if we needed to make an emergency signing, and we probably have around 20 million to spend in free agency if we wanted to. Thats the number to know.

I usually update my page 4-5 times a year at every major point during the NFL season so check back for updates.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    why does the dead cap count? shouldn't it come off for 2009?
    Quote Quote