Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRUDEN: Only 26 days left for Bush-bashing

1. -1
    Dolphin Diva

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

PRUDEN: Only 26 days left for Bush-bashing

The worthies at the New York Times are worried, like George W. himself, about his legacy. They all should know better; legacies are not plucked from the pantry shelf, but develop over the years without help or hindrance from either critic or legacee. George W.'s critics are spooked by what happened to Harry S. Truman, who straggled back to Missouri with the contempt of nearly everyone ringing in his ears ("to err is Truman") and within two decades became one of our most popular ex-presidents. Now is the time to blame the president for everything bad, and give him credit for nothing good. It's mere coincidence that America has been safe from Islamist terror every day since 9/11.
    Gratitude always comes easier for the least among us. George W.'s compassionate conservatism has saved millions of lives in Africa, those who but for the billions of dollars this president spent there would have died of AIDS or malaria. His approval rating, in the low 20s at home (and no doubt near zero on the Upper East Side), reaches 80 percent in Africa, where women with a clearer understanding of reality name their sons after him. The bashers have to get their licks in now, while the bashing is good.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-bush-bashing/
    "Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
    Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.

Douglas C. Branham, C.L.S., C.M.R.P.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dangit, we won't have George W. Bush to kick around anymore.. I will miss him, not... I do think his Africa thing was a good legacy, but his domestic and war policies were not well thought out... If Iraq does well, then he will be look at kindly over the years.. I'm just not sure the cost merritted the possible stablization of Iraq. Our country will have to recover from a financial nightmare because of all these war decisions and domestic non decisions...
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Personally...i'm just waiting for the Rapture when Obama says "So help me God"

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess bashing Jimmy Carter ended in January of 1981. Oh wait.

Anyone who loves this country will continue to "bash" a terrible President.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Uwe Von Schamann's Bastard Son

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Thats why Carter is the Human Pinata.....and will be as long as anyone born in tyhe 60's or 70's hang on
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFinz View Post
    Personally...i'm just waiting for the Rapture when Obama says "So help me God"

Ohhhhhhhhh, no way, but good one..
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post
    I guess bashing Jimmy Carter ended in January of 1981. Oh wait.

Anyone who loves this country will continue to "bash" a terrible President.
    Awwww, the young. Gotta love them. They weren't alive at the time.

Wayward, the bashing of President Carter quickly halted after he left office. In fact, he was heralded for his work with "Habitat For Humanity" and was actually beginning to be viewed quite favorably. It wasn't until he started putting himself back in the political spotlight that the bashing started up on him again.

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Winston Churchill

All things being equal, when you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Comanche Indian

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post

Wayward, the bashing of President Carter quickly halted after he left office. In fact, he was heralded for his work with "Habitat For Humanity" and was actually beginning to be viewed quite favorably. It wasn't until he started putting himself back in the political spotlight that the bashing started up on him again.
    Awww the condesending old. Gotta love them. Back in my day ssssssonny, Carter-bashing only cost a nickel! We usssssed to have hisssstory books, none of this wikipeepeeda sssssshtuff. Unlike usssss, you had to have been alive to be able to discussssss the issssue.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Knight View Post

Are you kidding? I know you aren't here often and might have missed it, but people continue to bash Carter, and compare Obama to him.

Bad Presidents are "bashed" for years after they leave office. Republicans have used the fear of Jimmy Carter to win elections for three decades. The Democrats did the same thing with Herbert Hoover.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Defender of the Truth

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WaywardZest View Post
    Are you kidding? I know you aren't here often and might have missed it, but people continue to bash Carter, and compare Obama to him.

Bad Presidents are "bashed" for years after they leave office. Republicans have used the fear of Jimmy Carter to win elections for three decades. The Democrats did the same thing with Herbert Hoover.
    Re-read my post Wayward. I stated that the Carter bashing HAD ceased after he left office and had started up again only after he began putting himself back into the political spotlight.

I was one of those who had a new found respect for him with his work with Habitat For Humanity. I actually began RESPECTING him, but once he decided he wanted to be back on the political stage...
    Quote Quote