Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys think Maybe Ricky needs to be fed...

1. -1
    The Biggest Fins Fan from CT

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks

Do you guys think Maybe Ricky needs to be fed...

If you watch the highlights. If ricky gets decent blocking, he will gain at least 10 yards.

Just watch our highlight reel. Everytime he gets a block, he doesnt dance around like ronnie (I love ronnie dont get me wrong) he just explodes and looks like he is moving twice as fast as everyone else. That seahawks run mirrored the 2002 jets game when he exploded through and galloped his way to that 63 yard TD.

All im saying is, we should really gameplan for just trying to run at the ravens and around the ravens. They are def. expecting the wildcat but i think if we can get decent blocking some traditional ricky handoffs can and will work.

Remember with Ricky our record since 2002 is 37-22 (not counting his first two games in 05, he wasnt used at all). Without Ricky we are 13-38.

Now obviously alot of others factors go in. But When ricky goes we go. nd thats a fact.
    M-I-A no longer.
    Miami is here to stay

Alrrrrigggggght Miammmmmmi
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Banned by Super Modarators

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah, i guess if he ate before the game he would have more energy.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ricky is the more punishing runner of the 2 right now. Ronnie has started lowering his shoulder and finishing again, thank God, but since he's more tentative to start the run he's not doing as much damage at the end of it. And he does try to avoid the contact more than Ricky, which isn't necessarily bad if it leads to extra yards but it does mean he's not as scary to try and stop.

Tell you what though, if we wanted to try something crazy we could give the ball to Merling. The way he just shoved Jones down was beautiful to see

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ricky isn't close to the punishing runner out of the pair. He is faster than he is powerful and any runningback can gain yardage with good run blocking.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Finheaven Templar

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Crossroads of TX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ronnie is clearly the most talented and effective of the two overall. However, if somone gets hot...Feed them the ball.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Charter Member of the Dolphin's Fan Club

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Sebastian, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Ricky is the more punishing runner of the 2 right now. Ronnie has started lowering his shoulder and finishing again, thank God, but since he's more tentative to start the run he's not doing as much damage at the end of it. And he does try to avoid the contact more than Ricky, which isn't necessarily bad if it leads to extra yards but it does mean he's not as scary to try and stop.

Tell you what though, if we wanted to try something crazy we could give the ball to Merling. The way he just shoved Jones down was beautiful to see
    Being an ex-tight end, I'd like to see him in on some short yardage plays for the offense.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CChambers7284 View Post
    If you watch the highlights. If ricky gets decent blocking, he will gain at least 10 yards.

Just watch our highlight reel. Everytime he gets a block, he doesnt dance around like ronnie (I love ronnie dont get me wrong) he just explodes and looks like he is moving twice as fast as everyone else. That seahawks run mirrored the 2002 jets game when he exploded through and galloped his way to that 63 yard TD.

All im saying is, we should really gameplan for just trying to run at the ravens and around the ravens. They are def. expecting the wildcat but i think if we can get decent blocking some traditional ricky handoffs can and will work.

Remember with Ricky our record since 2002 is 37-22 (not counting his first two games in 05, he wasnt used at all). Without Ricky we are 13-38.

Now obviously alot of others factors go in. But When ricky goes we go. nd thats a fact.
    May I suggest actually watching the games before starting garbage like this. Highlights and box scores more often than not do not tell the whole story. Ricky has absolutely no power left when he runs and of the two (him and Ronnie) by far avoids more contact.

Don't get me wrong, Ricky is a nice role player. However, the man love he gets is just perplexing. Must be kindred spirits.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Here's an idea...instead of posturing for why Ricky is better than Ronnie, just be happy that we have a stable of solid backs, each of which knows what to do when they get good blocking.
    No mercy for posters who are:
    -completely one-sided
    -incapable of adjusting & reforming their original opinions on a player/coach
    -incapable of complimenting a player/coach they don't like or criticizing a player/coach they do like
    -believe that what they think they see is beyond reproach
    -incapable of exchanging opposing thoughts & ideas to arrive at a new & more refined point of view

You know who you are...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The Biggest Fins Fan from CT

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    connecticut
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jesus im sorry i have an opinion.

im just saying ricky explodes still and his legs are moving twice as fast as everyone else.

soooooooo im sorry i offended you guys with my opinion
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    another MD finfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    jesus im sorry i have an opinion.

im just saying ricky explodes still and his legs are moving twice as fast as everyone else.

soooooooo im sorry i offended you guys with my opinion
    Yeah, I was surprised at the lame responses in your thread. I see your point with Ricky and I agree. I find it a great "problem to have trying to decide which running back should get the ball more.
    Ricky and Ronnie. Best tandem in the league!
    Quote Quote